PS3 Tourny Final 4

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by runthepound, May 17, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

PS3 Tourny Final 4

[​IMG]
    PS3 End of the Year Tournament

Schedule games and post scores in this thread.

Region 1 winner #1. Runthepound (Georgia) vs. Region 2 winner #7. Bucnutts (Ohio State)

Region 3 winner #7. Tuco418 (Oklahoma) vs. Region 4 winner #6. Fordtuff (Miami (FL))

The Higher seeded team is the Home team.

Round 4 is open for play. Congrats to everyone for winning your region and making it this far. Please make sure to keep the games clean, sim, and fun.

Please make every effort possible to get in touch with your opponent to play. Games can be scheduled in this thread. We will try to move this thing along at a decent pace.

Games will use 6 minute quarters and will be on AA difficulty.

The best way to meet online would be to find each other in the West Room #1. Higher seed team is home. That person challenges and sets the game to unranked and 6 min. qtrs on All American.

The gameplay rules of the tournament will follow the general TF guidelines outlined in the New Member Lounge, with one addition - use of run and pass commit is not allowed. Before you play your game, PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES AND MAKE SURE TO ABIDE BY THEM!.

2. BucNutts

BucNutts Walk On

hey run, when is good for you. Tonight I will be home around 11:00pm central time or so, and can hop on to play. Tomorrow I may be avail in the afternoon, then have work, and wont be home till 10:00pm central. Just lemme know

3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

wow im playing tuco!!! man i swear this guy always have the best highlights on g-units film, with that said, "Lets get it on!!!"
    im free allllll day today and tomorrow, i can play whenever u r ready
    504-259-3604

4. runthepound

Hey BucNutts. I would like to get our game in sometime with a start time of no later than 10 pm est time. I can usually start around 8 est on weeknights. Let me know if you can fit this in your schedule.

5. BucNutts

BucNutts Walk On

Alright, I will see what I can do, tomorrow night may be the best shot at starting before 10 pm est.

I will keep ya posted.

6. runthepound

k thanks man.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

FINAL FOUR

[​IMG]

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

ford-
    maybe tomorrow night, Ill post later what works for me
    what time zone are you in?

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

cst, tomorrow is fine

10. tuco418

how about 9 eastern?

11. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

cool, just add me on psn: fordtuff504 or shoot me a text

12. runthepound

Ohio St/UGA should play tonight around 10 pm est.

13. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

miami v. OU is underway!!!!!!!

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

miam road ends with a home loss to OU, gg tuco, sam bradford is god!!!

15. tuco418

Fantastic game Ford- Oklahoma wins a barnburner 38-35 with an interception at the goalline with under ten seconds left

You're right- Bradford completes shit that just isn't right, I am lucky to have him

Highlights to come

16. runthepound

Georgia wins 49-47 in a triple OT thriller. After falling behind 21-0 after the 1st qtr and down 24-7 at the half, Georgia gave their fans a game to remember. Both teams would score a TD and FG in the first OT's. OSU would score a TD but miss their 2 pt conversion. On 3rd and 7 from the 22, Aaron Murray would get hit and Kris Durham would make a diving catch in the endzone to tie the game up. Murray would then hit AJ Green on a sort slant to win the game. This was really one heck of a battle. Georgia moves on to face Oklahoma in the PS3 Tourny Championship.

[youtube]gfFMeqxFdIQ[/youtube]
    Caleb King's toss sweep gets Georgia on the board.

[youtube]GN-ez41msJk[/youtube]
    Bryan Evans gets an INT to keep OSU off the board in the 3rd Qtr.

[youtube]2oIiw2wA8pU[/youtube]
    Reshad Jones gets an INT late in the 4th Qtr to force OT.

[youtube]NAcipojNDcI[/youtube]
    Kris Durham makes a beautiful catch to tie the game up in the 3rd OT setting up the winning 2 pt conversion.

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Wow. Two amazing semi-final games to set up a championship between two users from Cream of the Crop, just saying lol. Hopefully the final can be as good as the semi-finals

18. BucNutts

BucNutts Walk On

Yea Great Game Pound. Can't believe I blew a lead like that, but I knew you had plenty of time, heck 3 full quarters. And you stuck to your gameplan. Good Job.

Thought I had it for sure, and I didnt change my offensive style to really sit on the lead, but it seemed that game took forever LOL

19. runthepound

PS3 Tournament Championship Game

[​IMG]
    PS3 End of the Year Tournament

Region 1 winner #1. Runthepound (Georgia) vs. Region 3 winner #7. Tuco418 (Oklahoma)

The Championship is finally here.

Congrats to Runthepound and Tuco for advancing to the final. Thanks to everyone who participated in this tournament. I feel like we were able to get all the games in in a very respectable time frame. Everyone did a great job scheduling and communicating with their opponents.

This game should be a doozy. Both coaches are from the Cream of the Crop and have only played one time with Coach RTP winning that game.

Coach Tuco has been on a hot streak as of late and has beat some great coaches to make it to the final. Coach Tuco has knocked off Dean, Controllerabuser, Noknee, and Fordtuff to make his appearance in the title game. All of those coaches are worthy of being in the Championship. Coach Tuco was able to hold of Fordtuff in the semi's 35-31.

Coach RTP has beaten bigtubb, BigSmooth, T2EXPRESS, and BucNutts. Coach BucNutts had Georgia on the run early with a 21-0 lead in the 1st Qtr before forcing a triple OT thriller. Georgia would come from behing to beat Ohio State 49-47.

This sets up a huge match up in Athens as the Oklahoma Sooners and Sam Bradfod come in the #7 seed from Region 3 to face the Goergia Bulldogs, the #1 seed from Region 1. Good Luck to both teams!

Special thanks goes out to KnightNoles for his help with the bracket publication.

20. tuco418

Oklahoma 38, Miami 35

Greg Cooper takes an option pitch 20 yards for the score and a Miami touchdown

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2iORscRUJ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2iORscRUJ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Jacory Harris finds his tight end on play action to give the Canes a 35-31 fourth quarter lead

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/weM8wx0cS4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/weM8wx0cS4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Bradford responds with a drive that ends with this slant to Ryan Broyles, giving the Sooners a 38-35 lead with 42 seconds left

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gOAg1e5EiNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gOAg1e5EiNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

After quickly moving into field goal range, Miami takes a shot at the end zone. Dominique Franks makes a big play with the pick to seal the win.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Zi35DU8RqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Zi35DU8RqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Great game Ford, had me on the edge of my seat