PS3 vs Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by GoGators, Feb 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

PS3 vs Xbox 360

Just curious, which is better for NCAA and Madden?

When PS3 first came out, the Xbox360 football games were supposed to be better because they were in development longer. Is this still true? I own both systems but the PS3 is mainly a glorified blu ray player that I play story line games on like Assassins Creed and things of the like. I also like the 360 controller better since it's more ergonomically correct haha. I don't like the $10 a month for xbox live though.

Let's discuss.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Oh no....here we go. Great job Gator....lol

FIGHT!!!

[​IMG]

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I owned the game on both systems but I honestly couldn't tell a difference in this game. Only reason I sold my PS3 copy was due to my system breaking shortly after I bought NCAA. I got a new PS3 (thanks to UPS :)) but was out of my dynasties for over a month. By the time it was fixed I was way behind in my online leagues and my teams SUCKED. I also got into Coast to Coast around that time and decided to stick with the game on just one system.

4. Iron Mickey

i dont see much of a difference either on a more serious note...

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I had the XBOX 360 before I had the PS3. I used to have the PS2 way back when. I always loved sports games on the PS. The controller seemed best.

Anyways, I spilled some shit on my 360 and got money for it. I ended up buying the PS3 and the rest is history. Long story short, I feel the PS3 is better. I'm glad I bought the PS3 instead of getting another 360. I think PS3 controller> XBOX controller. No doubt about it. As for internet gaming, nothing is better than playing for free!

Oops, I didn't read the OP thoroughly. Just saw the discussion was for the actual Madden & NCAA games not about the systems.

6. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

Pretty

[​IMG]

Prett ugly...

J/K

7. controllerabuser

Doesn't the XBOX controller(wireless) have to use batteries? YUCK!

8. Iron Mickey

i dont know.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

As a owner and player of madden on both systems....I think Madden Graphics are better on xbox 360 but the gameplay and fluidity of the player movements are better on PS3.

10. GoGators

You can get a rechargeable battery for the 360 controller. Do they have netflix on the ps3?

I recall back in 06 or 07 I had Madden on both systems and the gameplay on PS3 did seem much smoother and more fluid. I was wondering if that held true still or if there were any other differences worth noting these days.

11. controllerabuser

Not sure.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

PS3 owner but I can't lie, when Best Buy has the games playing on the big screens in the store they look amazing. They just look different to me. I have the same TV with the same upgrades and what nots. IDK. And to throw a little gas into this inferno that will probably take place.... PS3 is better, who wants to play for internet twice??

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I like the xbox controller way better, I could never get a hang of the PS3 one, It seems to loose and my guys would always be way off when i was controlling them.

14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

PS3, yes on the netflix. Have never played xbox. Have had since the original PS, so I grew up with the controller in my hand since i was 14 or so.

Mike

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's been okay so far, but as soon as this turns into a pissing contest, it's getting locked.

Just a warning, I know where these threads eventually go.

16. controllerabuser

What is the XBOX elite?

17. controllerabuser

Still wondering, lol!

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can totally understand why a person can get very defensive about a system. I was always a Playstation guy I mean I bought an original PS with my freaking paper route money (exaggeration... I looked it up and I worked at Safeway at the time)..., then had a PS2, and I figured that I'd wait for the PS3 but eventually decided to go ahead and get a 360. Once I saw games like Forza 2 and all of the other games that I think are very good for this system I decided to stick with it. The Show is probably the only game that I'd really care about that's exclusive to the PS3.

But despite the fact that I like the 360 it took me literally more than two years to get used to the buttons and be able to hit the correct receivers in NCAA, etc. I remember one time I was at EA Tiburon at a community leaders event and they had a tournament that was 360 only (before I even owned one). I got beat down so bad it was pathetic, I had no idea what buttons to push other than to maybe hike the ball.

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The Xbox 360 Elite was the first Xbox iteration to have HDMI, a 120 Gb HDD (now they come with a 250 GB option) and is flat black in color (as opposed to the microsoft white). It's the top model in the Xbox 360 lineup.

20. controllerabuser

Oh ok, thanks Drifter. I thought it was a new XBOX they made.

21. GoGators

Just as an fyi, I started this thread to get feedback on the NCAA comparisons. I had no intention on trying to decipher which system is better overall. I have both and was wondering if I was missing out on something by playing NCAA on the 360 as opposed to the 3. I was always a PS guy like Helli and then I bought the 360 when it first came out because as I recall that was what all the Madden/NCAA tourneys were being played on so I figured there must of been a reason for it. Halo also helped too. Since then, I haven't really looked back until now.

I never truly planned on getting a PS3. My GF bought it for me for christmas the first year it came out as a complete surprise. Now we live together and she always sees me playing NCAA on the 360 and sarcastically picks on me about it haha.