PS3: What to do??

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, May 2, 2011.

?

What should we do?

1. Finish the final round of the Masters by 6am edt Monday 5/9

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Finish the final round of the Masters by Friday 5/6

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Squeeze the Hawaiian Tropic Open in this week along with the final round of the Masters

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Play the Hawaiian Tropic Open next week 5/9-12

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. Make up the Hawaiian Tropic Open later in the season during an off week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hi PS3 guys - please vote in the poll to figure out how to deal with the situation. It looks like you are getting your network back up soon.

Here is what I, personally, would like to see:

- Finish final round of The Masters this week
    - Play the Hawaiian Tropic Open next week

And resume normalcy from there.

Like I said, vote in the poll and we'll figure it out. You can select multiple options.

2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I have no idea what to do to be honest.I am leaving town Wednesday 7:30 AM,and won't be back till Monday late nite...

Common sense suggest if the damn thing is back this week,both tourneys to be finished ASAP...At this point I'm only hoping it will start tomorrow,so i have time to play Augusta and most likely skip Hawaii(if played this week)...

Either way I will vote tonite,when we hopefully have more info

3. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

If its back up by tomorrow. I reckon we could just run alternate deadlines.

Masters final round due in by Friday night & All 4 rounds of Hawaiian Open by Sunday or something. I dunno if its easier for you to manage if we get everything done by Sunday so we are all up to date and square heading into the bye week.

That said, it depends on the PS3 guys flexibility.... either way i will just be happy to get back online and shoot some Tiger Woods.

4. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

The Master's is my main concern, but depending on what the other PS3 guys have going, I could easily finish the Hawaiian deal on the weekend......just a thought.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Need more votes. Right now it looks like finishing the Masters by Friday and rolling with Wailae next week.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

As soon as you guys are back online, you may begin playing your final round. I will set the deadline after the fact, but I don't want to delay anyone in getting it started.

@Jon Carroll I know you asked in another thread how the scheduling will be done. You guys must play with at least one other person, and you must verify each others stats and the round settings. I won't require full blown flights due to the circumstances, but I will be looking closely at the scores (duh).

Hopefully you'll all be back up and running soon!

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

just get your shit done with someone that can verify it

That is all

:)

8. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    @Basis4aDay56
    I hope not to have to cross this bridge,but like I said I'm leaving town on Wednesday and will be out till Monday night...

If the PSN doesn't come back Tuesday and Given that I'm in contention,and the circumstances I'd like to be able to do it after I come back...You can penalize me for late submission(say 1-2 penalty shots for day missed)...I'd completely understand if you decide against it,so I'll leave it up to you

On that note if it's back Tuesday I'll be paging every person here to record my round :D

9. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Well I'm on my way out of town early morning still no psn. Now have to hope they wont fix it till Sunday lol

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No, don't hope that. You'll be allowed to get your final round in.

11. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Here's my question. How are we to vote when three of those 5 options have dates tied to them? I have yet to hear or see that PSN is up, how can I vote on completing a round by 5/6 when it's not up yet? Seems kinda like guessing, no?

Obviously it would be sweet if it was up 2 weeks ago, but I don't see how some of those voting options are realistic.

I want to play the tournaments as completely as possible but also want to keep things in perspective…if it’s a month or more before they have this thing back up and running (WHICH I’m PRAYING IT WON’T BE LONGER THAN IT HAS ALREADY BEEN) it seems like voting on things for 5/6, 5/9, 5/9-5/12 are kinda pointless.

I guess my vote would be to play as soon as PSN is back up and running, for those guys that are out of town I would say it would be like if the PSN was never down, they can either have makeup times or work those specific situations out on a case by case basis.

The only official word I’ve seen from SONY is they’ve hired some firm to beef up security for their network.

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

We're all going on best available information, which isn't that great considering Sony is keeping things close to the vest. However, they did issue a press release on Saturday/Sunday that said service WOULD be restored THIS week. So we should be able to at least finish Augusta by this weekend. But, again, best available information isn't so great and it's far and few between.......latest I heard is Japan will be live in the next 24 hours and the other regions will follow......

13. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

14. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Yup, that's the press release I was referring to.

I on the other hand have been playing TW and The Show offline....as well as killing a few bots here and there on COD (oh, and won an actual four man scramble this past weekend!). PSN might be down, but I still need my stress relief (y)

15. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Another thing, I find it funny how some people just can't be happy in life. If you read the posts/comments by some of the people on that link I posted above, they still complain, they say things like "finally"...."about time"....these are the same people that would complain if their info was stolen, they should be happy this FREE service is back so soon and none of their info was taken.

It reminds me of when the Hurricane came through New Orleans and people were looting the grocery stores, the authorities didn't have as much of an issue with people taking food, to survive, since it would go bad anyways, the problem they DID have was people complaining about getting in trouble for looting places like Best Buy and then saying, "well where's my free TV?"....as if they need a free TV to survive.

16. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Yeah, I mean it's frustrating, but to me for different reasons. I think Sony could have done a better job relaying information. But, I know what you mean. You should see some of the other forums, like the COD forum. There are people going absolute ape-shit over this -- feeling as though they are entitled to this or that. Hey, it's a free service (for now), get on with your life and eventually the PSN will be back.

17. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

I hear that, I've been using the road bike as a stress reliever. I guess I play ONLINE more than I realize, maybe close to 100% of my gaming is online.

I didn’t notice this until now, but back when I had an XBOX 360 and I go the RROD, sent it off to Microsoft, they provided the box, shipping everything was free there, and they fixed it. It took about 10 days turn around time, in that time I road my road-bike every night and started getting in shape again.

Now with PSN down, I’ve been riding every night…I guess I should try some offline gaming LOL, or maybe sprinkle it in here and there.

I’ve always been a soccer fan, had Fifa on Xbox 360, I’d like to try newer Fifa, think it came out last fall so not sure if it’s 2011 or 2010…anyone played it? That is one game I enjoyed offline as I liked to create my player and work him up through the lower leagues and try to make it onto a big time squad.

Anyone play Fifa on PS3? Pros vs Cons?

18. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

I hear you there, it would be nice if they could have let us in on the possible credit card situation sooner. It’s hard to tell, reading that press release makes you wonder the age old question of which came first…the chicken or the egg sort of deal….

Sony makes it sound like THEY shut down the PSN after the attack…that’s what they are saying now…if this is true then it sounds like they did a good job by shutting it down to stop any possible further abuse.

I wonder though, it’s all in the wording…I was under the impression from the get go that the hackers are the ones that shut it down….so did Sony shut it down in response to the attacks or did the attackers shut it down and Sony had to figure out how to get back in control of it and then submit a press release saying THEY are the ones that turned it off?

I also think in this day and age of the internet and super fast information we get spoiled. I’m not a computer/network programmer but I’m thinking a huge network like Xbox Live or PSN isn’t something you can create in 5 mins. So these things do take time, I think Sony sending out press releases with things like, we are working to get it back up and running are good. Unfortunately we are used to buy-it-now options and RIGHT NOW GO GO GO information so it’s hard for them to keep up with the demand for instant information when they are doing their best to get it up as fast as possible, yet for some (those used to the RIGHT NOW mentality) it’s never going to be fast enough.

I’m glad they have focused their time on getting it back up and running and hopefully making it more secure vs spending time speculating on a possible date or return service. The only thing that a HIGH demand for sooner service will do is aggravate them and produce a possible supply/demand situation which will lean them in the direction of charging for this service i.e. XBOX LIVE. If XBOX LIVE goes down and there are paying customers I can see the issues of complaints, however they would probably issues refunds or credits when the service comes back so that is a different situation, being that money is involved.

One of the main reasons I went to PS3 over the Xbox is the free service. Yes it’s not a HUGE cost to be on XBOX LIVE but I’m a stay at home Dad, taking care of our 2 year old and soon to be new one (due in July). We are working off my my wife’s school teacher salary so every little expense we can alleviate from out budget helps.

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Big thumbs up Sir. I predict a toast with your name will be raised at the wedding I'm going to.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Haha, that is pretty funny. This situation sucks for all involved. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

21. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

Well, guys this is a challenge getting our rounds in. I've got a small window to get the final round of the Masters in the afternoon on Saturday CDT. We'll see if it's up by then.

Basis, thanks for being so accommodating.

Hope to tee it up soon.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Decision coming tomorrow night. Suffice it to say that we can't have all these unfinished tournaments sitting around here. Whatever Noles and I decide will be fair and equitable for both platforms.

23. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Just ask yourself what the PGA Tour will do

24. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I don't mind about letting Hawaii slip away, it seems like we would be pushed to get all 4 rounds in - unless it came up tonight (which is doubtful.) However, that said, with only 1 round left at Augusta and being a Major, i think we should be allowed to finish that when the server comes back up. I appreciate that it's dragging out and is not totally fair on the Xbox guys, but us PS3 guys have all played 3 rounds of that tournament - and really want to finish it.

Whatever you decide though we will all respect, we appreciate it's a tough job organising this tour and that this PSN hack has made a difficult job, more so.

JC

25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Split this thing into two separate tours. It sucks but I think that may be the best way to go.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.