PS3 & X360 Matchplay @ RCD Discussion & Info

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, May 10, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to match play gentleman!

General Information:

• The tournament will start Tuesday,or as soon as we are able to finalize the standings and points after the US Open this week
    • Match play tournament will consist of two tournaments - one for each console,with 2 separate winners
    • The format will be 18 holes match play (extra holes if necessary)
    • The players on each console will be seeded in a bracket,based on their place in the Tradition Cup Standings
    Coordination :
    This tournament will require more coordination than our regular tournies,as it will require to play with an actual opponent.If you are a TSO veteran from another leagues this shouldn't be a problem,and if you are brand new it is easier than it sounds :)
    We are implementing some rules and time restrictions,so we can finish this before 4th of July
    • All players will be most likely required to play at least 2 heads up matches between Tuesday and Sunday.Let us know if you are NOT going to be able play next week,so we can adjust our brackets accordingly,as well as save time
    • Once you find out who your opponent is,it is a responsibility for both players to find time that works for both of them to play the match.Use the scheduling threads to find out what times work for your opponents and give them your availability.You also going to need to add your opponent to your PS3/X360 friends list
    • It will be a responsibility of the higher seeded player to setup the match (for instructions on how to do this see below)
    • The winner of the match will be responsible for reporting the score in the scoring threads for PS3 and XBOX 360
    • Once a round starts (Round of 32.Round of 16 etc) the players will have 72 hours to setup the match.Now we understand that we so many different availabilities 72 hours may not be enough to play,so if you need longer than that you can do so.However if within this period of time one of the players DOES NOT respond to his opponent attempts to schedule,this player will be considered withdrawn from the tournament and his opponent will advance to the next round.
    • Once all matches of a round have been played (or determined cancelled due to scheduling issues) we will announce this round closed and advance to the next one
    • If a player knows their opponent for the next round,they can go ahead and try to schedule this match (just make sure you check the settings for the next round has been posted)
    Let me know if you have any questions!!

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Like mentioned before it will be responsibility of the higher seeded player to setup the match

How to setup a match go to:
    Country Clubs>>
    Head to head>>
    Online Match Making>>
    Play a Friend>>

Then use the settings listed for the APPROPRIATE ROUND bellow :

Alternatively you can schedule the match trough the CC lobby,to use it for club leveling.

Note: Xbox Settings are listed in this thread... http://forums.traditionsportsonline...scheduling-settings-thread.77600/#post-953982

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  4. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Reserved fro questions Keller might have

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Reserved for even more questions
    Keller might have

• Like Like x 1
  6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Can't wait.

7. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    yeah it should be a nice change of pace...Hopefully will get everything done in a timely matter

8. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Walk On

I will be away on vacation for the first week in June. I'd like to give it a try, but if this is sure to cause problems, please withdraw me.

9. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    We are starting this tourney next week dude!

10. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

After reach round, will players be reseeded (NHL playoffs) or continue within their bracket (March Madness)?

Depending on which scenario, will it be set up in such a way to "try" and insure higher seeded players play eachother in later rounds, obviously depending on how things play out.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I like this tournament idea - something fresh is always good.

When will the brackets be posted - Tuesday ish?

12. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    No re-seeding.
    I believe we mentioned in the beginning of the season this will be one of the important parts of the Tradition Cup - it will counts for match play seeding as well as determining teams if we can ever find out of TSO clubs for Ryder Cup like events.

In your case it is possible you'll get a first round bye,as i think there are more than 32 players on the XBOX side,and you won't have to play SkinniePost until the final

13. Keller

I like to make people repeat themselves as much as possible.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vlad

Featured Threads:

Shocker.I'll give you one more chance and then let you figure stuff on your own

15. Keller

Too lazy. I'd just withdraw - I need your Nazi guidance!

16. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

how will the seeding be set up?? and also will handicaps be involved?

17. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

Oh Thank God! ;)

18. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    cup standings.no

19. buddycris75

buddycris75 Walk On

just a heads up. not gonna be able to play this one. gonna have too much goin on at work next week to try and schedule.......hell whoever got me would win anyway so no big deal. just gonna level my cag up.....and try to figure out how not to blow up on one hole every round to ruin it.

20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm probably out for this as well... I've just been swamped lately, and haven't even been able to get a tournament in for a couple of weeks :( I'm hoping things will slow down here soon and I can get back into the tourneys.

21. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Walk On

The OP said that we're going to try to finish before the 4th of July, so I figured that being gone for a week in early June could pose a problem. Maybe that was a joke? I don't know how long these things take.

22. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Damn that's funny. My family is looking at me funny right now as I laugh on the couch. lol

23. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

I can't wait for matchplay should be the most fun event of the year in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I agree shootah66 This could be really entertaining.

25. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

I'm glad to hear we'll have some time to get this finished up over a few weeks/months rather than try and schedule and cram it all into 1 week. When I saw the TCCT schedule, I was a little worried about this. Good call you organizer/admin dudes. (y)

• Like Like x 1