PS3/XBOX360 Joint FIFA Project

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Friz, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm not really sure the best way to describe what I'm trying to do here, so I'll probably write a lot. So my advance notice to everyone reading this - if you enjoy playing against other people on this site to the point you wish you had more games, or if you schedule a lot of friendlies just because you enjoy playing games, please read on. Ultimately what I feel this would end up being is friendly games in which the results count towards something.

My vision here, my ultimate goal, is a complete virtual recreation of a real life league (or even more ultimately, multiple leagues if we have the manpower) with all games played as head to head user matches.

I know a lot of people here play FIFA way more than necessary to complete league matches. Many of us don't care for random online matches and play a lot of friendlies with people on the site as it is. What this will do is instead of playing repeated friendlies against the same person always as Schalke vs Udinese because thats your league team, play Fulham vs Aston Villa from week 1 of the actual EPL season. Take the results and post them, then maybe play another friendly of Wigan vs Norwich from week 1, post those results, etc. As games get completed, we could move through the season, steadily creating our own EPL season. No pre-scheduled games, all just pick up and play when you have time and someone to play against, just grab an open game and play.

I realize there are tons of games to get through a full season (380 to complete the EPL), but with multiple people across both XBOX and PS3 knocking out games, there would be the potential to move through a league maybe even quickly. If we start out with one league, we could expand to further leagues as we see how much interest people have in participating. I think if there is enough interest to get this going, it would be really cool to move through a virtual real life league or leagues this way.

So, if you're like me, play a lot of FIFA, love online play but not a fan of the random people you meet, like playing the people on this site, love playing with different teams, or any of the above, I hope you'd be interested in joining this project. I have a vision of how to organize it and how to set it up, I just want to know if theres actually other people interested in the idea.

And finally, I would want to add this is obviously in no way meant to take people away from their respective leagues. This should just make the friendlies and additional games you play outside of the league have some more purpose and count towards a pretty big ultimate goal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Once I get more time, I'd love to be in on this.. Fifa has always been my first gaming love and I wish I could play it daily but lately, that hasn't been the case but I think it's a great idea. I know many xbox guy's will love this idea also.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Glad to hear there is some interest aside from just myself. I'm not sure how many people read this section of the boards, so if you know people who would participate but haven't seen this direct them here. I'd like to know there is definitely enough interest to keep this going before starting it up. I know we have plenty of FIFA players between both systems, but I don't know how many are big Friendly gamers. I am assuming there are enough out there to make this work, as long as they enjoy playing with teams other than their league team.

I would say don't worry about time constraints though. I'd have no intention of holding people to a certain number of games every week. If one person is able to play 10 games every week great, if someone else can only play once a week great, if some weeks you can do 10 and others none, fine. I'd see this as being a great addition to the leagues here for anyone who wants more games every week than they can play in the league. Obviously put the league first, but when you don't have league games, come here to play when you can.

4. Superpilky

Superpilky Walk On

I'd definitely be in this. It's fun playing with different clubs, and everyone I play with from here plays the games the right way, which keeps it fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I'm definitely in.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

In! I'm getting sick to my stomach not being able to play with Arsenal :(

Also really enjoy playing with the lesser squads. They always have some hidden gems that are fun to play with.

8. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I'm curious to see how this would work.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im game. Hate playing random douchebags.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'd be down. I enjoy running with the lower level premier league teams, so this could be a lot of fun for me.

11. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

So, what would be the plan? Post EPL schedule and work week by week to complete?

13. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Essentially, yes. The way I envisioned organizing it would be a master thread with standings and statistics, and then an individual thread for each matchup. 10 games posted at a time (so yes, week by week). Rather than scheduling anything in advance, whenever a friendly gets scheduled, just one person go into the thread for the game with a "game underway" type post so we don't end up with multiple friendlies for one game. I'd rather not have games assigned and work to get them scheduled, just once you have an opponent, come on here and pick your game and play it. once the games played, go back into the thread for the game and post the people that played the game, result, goals, assists, cards. It can be a simple result post, or if they want to include a recap and/or highlights, all the better, but as long as the important stuff is there. Once result is posted, thread will be closed. Once all games have been played for a week, the 10 games for the next week will be posted and repeat.

14. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

interesting...I'll bite

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I think you should maybe select a couple of leagues or release the whole schedule at once. I know me and a couple of people can sit down and play maybe 5 to 6 friendly matches in 1 sitting.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hold on playa...that baby is white

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to do this over multiple leagues, I just wasn't sure how much interest there would be to start so I was thinking start with one and expand. But considering the interest thats been shown already, we could open up two or three leagues from the beginning. I'd rather not have the entire schedule open at once, simply for the reason of even progression. I'd prefer not seeing Arsenal with their season finished while Wigan has 8 games played.

I am around the site quite a bit though, and would probably open up a new week as it gets down to the final game or two, and hope people would make an effort of closing out the final games of the previous week before getting in to the new week. If anyone is interested in helping me with the set up and running of this though, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra person around to open up games if I'm unable to.

19. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I can help.

20. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Perfect, thanks redwings, and with the amount of interest we've started off with, I'd like to get this started. No sense in waiting if we've got people ready to go.

I have not set up a league on here before though, can anyone let me know what I need to do to get a board for this?

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I think this is the type of thing we could just throw a thread together and use it as a hub. If we get the thread stickied it will be easily accessible as well. To get a forum for a league you usually have to talk to Drifterbub or RynoAid

22. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I agree. A stickied thread for each league we do should be fine

23. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I feel like one thread would get crowded very quickly, and would be a lot easier to organize through a forum. If its not a lot of trouble I'd prefer having one set up for it, if it is we can make do with a thread

24. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I love playing friendlies with the guys here on the site as opposed to random onlines. I would definitely be in when I'm around.

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'd be in... North London derby against Blaza . Lets gooooooooooooooooo

• Like Like x 1