PS3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dub-ya, May 2, 2011.

1. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Rumor that Japan is back up and running and the US is soon to follow -- I heard a matter of hours and I heard by tomorrow. Either way, it sounds like I'm back in business by tomorrow night!!!!!

2. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Quote of the day........"Osama's dead, amazing what the American's can do when the PSN is down....."

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahahahaha that is hilarious!

I added a poll for those PS3 guys on the TGA Tour... please vote!

4. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I read somewhere "I guess he should not given his address to the PSN"

5. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

@Basis4aDay56

Will there be an excel sign up sheet for the Masters final round (whenever that is) ? Or will we just have to make a few posts and scramble our rounds in?

6. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

News that Sony have been hacked again.... the SOE this time. Not sure if thats going to set the PSN back, but i have a feeling that it is not coming back online today.

7. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm starting to wonder WTH is going on. I heard the SOE was breached yesterday, but did confirm that it a completely separate issue from the PSN. However, having to sift through a multitude of 3rd party updates since Sony is keeping everything close to the vest -- I'm left thinking it's going to be longer than "with in the week". I think that press statement was issued on Saturday simply to try and quell the masses and try to keep any more people from switching consoles. Just my opinion, but my optimism quickly faded last night......

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I don't know how true/valid it is, but there was a post on YouTube from Anonymous who said that is the PSN came back online, they were going to take it down again, until Sony drops the lawsuit they have against the guy who jailbroke the PS3

9. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Shit.

10. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

From all of the information I have sifted through, I don't think it was Anonymous who brought it down -- whether it was them or not however, I have to believe that once Sony is confident enough to relaunch the PSN it will be with the notion that they won't get hacked like that again. Nothing is "unhackable" I s'pose, but I have to believe Sony has brought in some "big hitters" so to speak to totally revamp their security. We'll see.....as the sands of time pass through the hour glass.....

11. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Yeah - is it actually true that Japan went live? You would think if thats true, Europe & US would not be far behind...

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I've been monitoring live updates on the PSN through Google, hard to say. There are reports it is up, but nothing concrete. Saw one this morning that Sony refuted the PSN being live in Japan, but nothing actually updated on the Sony sight. So I dunno, I'm just quietly keeping an eye on things at the office......

13. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

This has been doing the round on twitter in the last couple of minutes...

"PlayStation Network will go online very soon! Are you ready?! ^_^! #SONY #PSN Enjoy of your 30-days PS+ free subscription!"

From someone called - PSInformer.

It could be complete bullshit, but after 2 weeks and eager to get back on track with this tour - i will welcome anything that gets me a little excited.

14. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Do you realize how much havoc I'm going to wreak on the course once we can get back online, it's going to be epic..........as I quietly, and patiently wait........and wait......and wait.......and wait......

15. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I saw that one earlier.....tossed it into the "bogus" can......

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Im getting out of work at 11 PT tonite and i'm waking up all of yers,just to let you know

17. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

18. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
  20. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

PSN - Live in the US.

I can't confirm that being from the UK, we're still without at this present time. But Twitter seems to be flooding in with American's who are live on the Playstation network. Hopefully we will be back up soon too.

21. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm at work, but I'm guessing we are in fact, NOT actually live again.....will know at lunch time though.....

22. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Just tried it as of 9:49AM central, still says PSN is under maintenance.

23. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I wish i was surprised... but im not. It's not so much i am desperate for the PSN to get back up, its more that i want to finish the Masters and carry on with this tour.

24. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

25. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Important Step for Service Restoration

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Today our global network and security teams at Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment began the final stages of internal testing of the new system, an important step towards restoring PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.
    As previously mentioned, we’ve been working around the clock to rebuild the network and enhance protections of your personal data. It’s our top priority to ensure your data is safe when you begin using the services again.
    We understand that many of you are eager to again enjoy the PlayStation Network and Qriocity entertainment services that you love, so we wanted you to be aware of this milestone and our progress. We will provide additional updates as soon as we can.