PS4 Impressions

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Anyone have any?

I enjoyed mine this weekend...didn't turn on my Xbox except to watch the Ohio State game on the EPSN app.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

How's the controller?

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hated the PS3 controller and I love the PS4 controller. The girl was using it to navigate Netflix and even commented on how comfortable it is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    That's ergonomics.... you're welcome

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The Ps4 controller almost feels like a cross between 360 and ps3. I enjoyed it, played like 10 madden games. Had a ton of fun with the Share button.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Well the Xbox 1 controller is like having your fingers in some pussy while your wrists are in between two breasts .... I was quite pleased with the demo ... :troll:

Seriously though, outside of visuals are there any noticeable additions to the next gen games you guys have played? Extra features in 2k or madden that wouldnt be possible in the current gen (not physics)?

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm sports only, but I can tell you that NBA 2K and FIFA have definitely been upgraded in the gameplay department.

2K is the most visually stunning game I've ever seen and keeps the series' well known gameplay in tact. The foot planting is definitely 'next gen' as players have more weight than I've ever seen and the contact animations are unbelievably realistic. The crowd depth and enhanced emo-engine they used is noticeable instantly. They totally skimped on the Online Capabilities of the game, however. No Online Association, the Online Legaues have ZERO customization. Singleplayer Association was removed and replaced MyGm which I haven't tried yet.

FIFA is another game that took a visual leap while keeping its gameplay pretty similar. I play hundreds of hours of FIFA each cycle, and the 'little' animations they added are super noticeable IMO. The grass has so much depth, ball physics are improved on shots and passes. Basically the gameplay feels more "organic" than CG. I feel like each touch, shot, pass, deflection, etc. is one that I've never seen before which is pretty cool.

In addition to these, Im looking forward to playing MLB the Show when it comes out. Can't really speak to any of the other genres at the moment, but the sports games have definitely taken a leap.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Raidernation

Yeah I played Fifa on a 4K TV and it was like I was controlling real people. Almost made me go PS4 but I heald strong as it was probably more of the TV's doing. I'm hoping this gen adds more depth and nuances to the games kinda how PC games are as compared to their console courterparts. An ideal Madden would be a cross between NFL Headcoach 09, May and NFL2K ..... Shit would be love but we are farrrrr from it.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Messed around with a 4k TV the other day. Legit!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

As long it's not like 3 titties like that chick in total recall lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raidernation

Would it be weird if I didn't mind 3 titts ... just think about 3 nice sized ...... fuck it she'd be the closer right there. Just like the broad with two vaginas. Someone to love haha haha

12. I Peench

For real? I have yet to see one, but I can't say I really believe the hype. Only so much the human eye can discern...

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I've seen one and the difference is tough to see, even with good 4K source.

14. I Peench

From what I've read the biggest differences will be seen in 3D and in general draw distance.

Either way, we're a looong way away from gaming at a 4K resolution and decent framerate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Raidernation

There is a clear different IMO, I'd say its like and iPhone before then after retinal display I Peench cable TV not so much.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You must have better eyes than me. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  18. Raidernation

I'm just used to low budget TV's I guess either that or bad settings.

19. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

It was running a graphing program used by a Natural Resources company(my girl's company.) Seeing it on a probably 720p monitor vs 4k, it was like Xbox v. Xbox One.

20. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

When looking at something that's actually broadcast in 4K, the picture is amazing. There's a huge difference. When looking at something that's is just up scaled it's only a slight difference. I was ready to walk out the store with one, but something told me to do a little research. (The salesman was trying to assure me DirecTV would begin broadcasting in 4K next year) After researching I found, 4K is about 5 years ahead of its time. Most tv/cable services are looking into broadcasting in 4K, but it won't be until 2016-17 until they start (from the estimates I've read).

To the original question, I'm loving my PS4. I like the UI (especially how it's not cluttered with adds), everything works smoothly, finally have party chat, and the games look amazing. Other than PSN going down launch night, the online experience has been perfect. I do wonder if the sliders are broke in Madden. I've adjusted the interception slider from 50, to 28, to 10, to 0 and the CPU still intercepts everything. They haven't dropped an int yet.

21. Raidernation

Well I do remember you as a bad passer... could this be the Ignite engine in action.. lol

• Like Like x 2
  22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah I mean when has madden ever had a broken slider ?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I have enjoyed my PS4. I like the controller over the DS3. It is wider and more comfortable.I just hope it gets more games.

Shaun Mason

Shoot me a psn request. You know the name.

24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

This console is everything the ps3 lacked! I am a very happy customer!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't intent to play on PSN (not paying for both Live and PSN+) much, but I'll shoot you a request in case I change my mind. Once I can find some deals on both Live and PSN I'll change that perhaps.