PSA - Cap Book Warnings - Cuts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

PSA - Cap Book Warnings - Cuts

Just want to keep warning folks to think about things the closer they get to fruition. With the offseason coming, remember that you have to cut three people out of your personal top 20 overalls (K and P not included). You cut 1 above/equal to the overall average, and 2 below/equal to the overall average. This is AFTER progression/regression, and these three cuts are the ONLY time you avoid cap hits for cutting players!

If you have a veteran that is getting paid too much money, and he's in your top 20, the offseason is the time to cut him or think about cutting him!

Any cuts AFTER the mandatory cuts get normal cap hits. Also remember to take into account roster minimum rules that are in place. You can't cut people if that leaves you with zero at the position. Keep this in mind!

Have a great day!

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

vishal dont want anymore rules named after vishal (sorry for 3rd person reference in my joe horn mood) , so let vishal ask, i can cut people who are getting alot of money, eat they're cap hit this season, then when we start the offseason they are off my books and my cap hit is reset to 0?

i dont plan on doing it but u could potentialy release all ur big salary 's in week 17 and eat the cap this year as long as you maintain 53players and have no consequence to your cap room or hit as soon as the offseason

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

You can absolutely do that. Honestly.

To be fair, you could do it during the points system as well. Why do you think I kept cutting players in the last week of the season when we had points? What do you think I'll be doing this go around?

It's a loophole. It's been here. It will stay, unfortunately. But with all our roster restrictions we have in place, honestly, it's not much of a loophole. But it IS there.

Can only really cut 2 guys if you are at 55 players though. Not much.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

But you will still be required to cut 3 players in your top 20 when we get to that stage. If you want to cut those high priced, high rated players, why not use those guys as your mandatory cuts?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also a valid point. :)