PSA - Cap Books - EVERYONE please read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

PSA - Cap Books - EVERYONE please read

I wanted to start a new thread on this because of confusion I myself caused.

During this first "offseason", when we were doing trades, improving teams, I allowed a soft "reset" of modifiers from the default Madden rosters that we started with. This allowed teams to improve at positions and change their contracts, and once week 1 started, modifiers were "locked" in.

This "locking" I think confused some people, and my rulebook didn't help.

I'm sorry about that.

To clarify, now that we are in full swing, here is the way it works:

If you have a starter modifier level player, and you get a player (whether through free agency or trading) that is better than your current starter, they both have starter modifiers.

Yes, this sucks. Yes, it does make it unfair for those that are genuinely improving their team to have to pay two big contracts just to get better.

Think about the real NFL for a minute, folks: If a team improves during the offseason, the guy they are replacing doesn't suddenly have a new contract. They re-work the former starter's deal. The way that works here is simple: cut the former starter and re-sign him as a #2 guy.

I myself did that with my Lions when I took them over. Four or five guys I cut got resigned. I didn't like the way their contract was structured with modifiers, so I cut them, resigned them with lower modifiers or salaries, and now my team is cheaper. I take cap hits as penalties, but they go away in a year.

On that same note, a team will ALWAYS have a starter modifier payout at every position. If you cut your starter modifier player, or trade him, the former #2 (which becomes the #1 when you trade/cut) moves UP. ALWAYS. No exceptions.

I do apologize if there was any confusion, as I have now changed the rule in the rulebook that caused the confusion. The "locking" of modifiers was only intended for the first offseason, and no further. The confusion, if any, caused, was my fault, and I own up to it.

If you have any questions about this, ask. Even if it sounds silly, ask anyway.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bumping.