PSA - Cap Rules - Modifiers - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    PSA - Cap Rules - Modifiers - PLEASE READ

A VERY important reminder about modifiers, folks.

During progression and regression, players can go UP the modifier chain if they gain in overall to become a higher tier player. Players do NOT go down if they REGRESS. This is VERY important.

I'll take the Browns as an example, if you'll indulge me. I'll be making up overalls a little bit, so bear with me:

QB Jake Delhomme is a 74 overall and #1 at QB based on overall, so he gets the 5 modifier. QB Seneca Wallace is a 72 overall, so he gets the 3 modifier. QB Colt McCoy is a 71 overall and has a 1 modifier.

Offseason rolls around....

Delhomme goes from a 74 overall to a 70 overall. Wallace stays at 72. McCoy goes up to a 75 overall.

As a result, McCoy gets bumped UP to a 5 modifier (along with salary upgrades due his new overall, if applicable). Wallace stays the same, since no change occured. Delhomme, however, STAYS at a 5 modifier AND his base salary/bonus does NOT go down to match his new overall.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This symbolizes veterans who think they can still start, when based on their talent level no longer cut it. Veterans all the time think they are worth more than they are because of past performance (sad, but true). Loyalty is not rewarded.

If a guy has a nasty modifier and you want it lowered, cut him, take the cap hit, and try to resign him cheaper. Just like the real NFL.

Again, modifiers can go UP. Base salary can go UP. Bonuses can go UP. All three of these NEVER go down unless you cut the player. Period.

I cannot be more clear than this. If you have ANY questions about this or any PSA I've posted, ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!