PSA - Offseason Trades - EVERYONE please read!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As with all my public service announcements, I want to make you all aware of a rules change that could affect your trades in this upcoming offseason.

The new rule (in an effort to simplify the math intensive cap book) is that whoever you trade away, you take their bonus times their modifier as a cap hit for the upcoming season.

So if you trade away a minimum paid 95 overall quarterback (1 million minimum bonus), and he was your starter (5 modifier), that is a 5 million dollar cap hit for trading him (1 million bonus times 5 modifier = 5 million).

Please, those of you that are talking about trading big name players, remember that this will cost you temporarily in cap hits that may cost you free agents. I want to make sure ALL owners are aware of this, as I know some big names are being offered, and depending on their modifiers, could cost the trading team some cap space that may cost them a free agent.

Again, folks, I want to make sure everyone understands this going into the offseason and don't hurt themselves in free agency and their cap.

Thanks guys and happy gaming!

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

keep the bad news coming geee thanks Winuvas ur sooo helpful.. LOL just joking but thanks for the reminder

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

One man's bad news is another man's saving grace, preventing him from strangling himself in cap struggles.

Sounds like a fortune cookie, no?

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

lol kindof

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow, I did not know that. Gonna be a crazy off season around here.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is why I am posting now so that way all people doing trades understand this. I don't want any headaches to result because of not knowing the rules.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Great thinking buddy

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL...it's the whole point of my PSA series of posts I have done. I don't want another cap book issue like we have had in the past with this new system, so I'm doing everything I can to prevent it.

Don't want teams gutted just because they did not understand the rules. I'm trying to eliminate that excuse. Poor planning will get you killed in the NFL, and it will get you booted here. Gotta plan, guys.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

bumping this, there is confusion about the cap hits for traded players. For any player traded away, that team takes a cap hit the same way that they would for if that player was cut: bonus X modifier