Archived PSN Down

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 23, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't know if y'all know this or not but PSN was taken down by hackers. Worse part about the whole thing is that they falsely accused one hack group which in turn pissed them off. So, whenever Sony figures out the problem and gets PSN back up this other group will bring the servers back down or so they claim.

This all was started because Sony sued a hacker and pissed off the entire 'hacking' community. This sucks for us because I've been on 'hacking' forums for awhile trying to learn how to do this and these dudes are smart and dead serious about ruining Sony because of this.

Hopefully, Sony drops the lawsuit or we may not be able to play games for awhile if this group follows through with the threats.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

3. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

This is such horse shit. I don't care who Sony pisses off, the customers don't deserve to get screwed like this.

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Bastards cant they find more important stuff to hack into like the Wiki leaks guy

5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Sony need to learn how to kick some ass.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well, this is the story I've been able to pick up. Sony sued George Hotz (sp?), most famous for 'inventing' jailbreaking the iPhone, and his hack group failoverflow for copyright infringement after they successfully learned how to hack the PS3. The hack allowed things like playing 'burned' games online and offline without any penalty as well as allowing you to 'save' a copy of the game on your hard drive. A hacker group called Anonymous quickly said they weren't involved but Sony suspected them anyway. Guess they never figured it might be the guy's hack group that their suing but anyway the accused group shortly promised they would 'attack' the moment PSN was back up. They didn't say what they would do exactly but are expected to knock them offline again. Hopefully, they hack the PSN store and allow a bunch of free shit:).

I think the only way this will be resolved is if Sony drops the lawsuit. I guess they forgot to encrypt their code and its easy as hell to crack.

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Thats a bunch of bullshit - I hope Sony goes after these guys' houses - who the fuck do they think they are? It's like being a bully, do they think that just because they can cause damage, they have some kind of right to do it?

I am no fan of greedy corporations, but it's a fucking business, you tried to steal from them and they sued you. Are you kidding me?

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thats what happened. If you go to playsation dot com you'll notice their 'upgrading their security'. This helps Sony in the long run but I don't think these dudes will stop trying to hack PSN.