PSU at ASU Highlights HD

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 3, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

lol @ seeing myself sign on

That one long pass ramirez user caught....how in the hell you didn't manage to swat or pick it off? You was in better position than his receiver

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Great stuff right there JMS! Rhude did you get your PVR yet? Should we expect to see the Texas and Oklahoma game? Those user catches could go either way but it seems like more go to the offense. Enjoyable game. Look forward to seeing the Purdue game.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

4:17 simply is not a clean play. Tackles don't just ignore a DE unless the DE is supposed to be playing a zone or some other form of tomfoolery is going on. /story

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that CB is 5'9 and his WR is 6'5

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

Unless you jump the snap. You get like some kind of spped burst.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It was a complete breakdown in protection. The DE who sacked me went by 2 O-Lineman. The other was blocked and then let go and was looking at the sky.

Anyway I wasn't too upset as I didn't feel pressured for the majority of the game..although that was a big play.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wouldn't it have said that they jumped the snap on JMS's screen? And still, the way it looks is totally different from what happens when you jump the snap. I'm not gonna say I've never come free but it's usually a mistake by the T who is blocking somebody else, not the T staring at the passing DE like a retard.

9. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I don't understand what we are talking about here..... Are you saying I am doing something illegal?

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no its the the stupid pass protection AI

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think it's actually outlawed in our league. But I do think that you're blitzing a guy that cpu thinks is in zone coverage. I first saw this when Steelah was doing it to me in a side league and he was coming free every just about every play. He ALMOST told me what his trick was, then caught himself (nice dawson).... so I figured out what he was doing in practice (and by watching the highlights of all the sacks) and I know what it looks like when the cpu doesn't react to the DE. If it's something else, o.k. but when the tackle stands there with his finger in his ass rather than even attempting a block, that's usually what it is. Is it outlawed in our league? No, but I'd like it to be. Again, tell me if I'm wrong.

Also, when you and I were talking one time you told me that when you run the cover 3 you like to manually blitz a zone linebacker... similar non-reaction by the cpu tackles to that play too.

12. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I totally disagree..... That is not what I'm doing but what is the difference between manually blitzing and somebody using the Safeties to roam all over the field.

I think the lack of reaction was my DE being 87 speed and his tackle being 57 speed. He is rated in the mid-nineties for a reason... He was the number 3 player in the country when he signed and is a stud... Looking at anything more than that is just a waste of time....

Quit managing minutia... not worth it.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I just think it was just a bad read by his tackle. He pulled back as if to block but the end came off hella fast...crazy fast in fact...

I've played ramirez, I know some of his tendencies and what he likes to do...I know sometimes he comes with that end...I know sometimes if I see that tackle whiff on the block, i'm moving up and around the pocket...it's so second nature to when I play ramirez and bbj as well that I'ma be on the move a lot.

In fact, I know a few times that ASU blitzed but it was a delay blitz with his end...he waited like a second before coming and then he came inside, as if to say he was waiting for me to step up...that was an adjustment he made...he didn't get to me on that play but it was something different.

Now if it was something that he just kept getting through all the time or all the time he was manually blitzing, that would be different. I really don't care for guys who do this...your probably doing me a favor by using the end :).