PSU vs PUR Highlights....smooth

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 6, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice Vid Jay,

SS Fred Green was a beast for me in that game. It's amazing seeing how many picks were dropped in that game on both sides, but again, at least one, maybe 2 of the ones you guys dropped would have been returned for touchdowns. We'll keep the rabbits foot out.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I usually count on a defensive touchdown to help me win user vs user games.

But ultimately I am disappointed in the the way I called and executed plays on offense. Looking at replays there were players that were open and I didnt get the ball in their hands.

Also on Defense letting you convert (3) 3rd and over 15 is just terrible in my book. And those guys were wide open.....back the the book.

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah that looks good...upped to 10mpbs?

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

(setting in Arcsoft)
    Average bit rate is 9.5
    Peak is 12.5

I think the main difference was in the Sony Vegas. I click on a setting that doubled the file size but it is running much smoother. Granted this is the longest video I ever made (almost 9 mins) but it was 1 gig!!!

I will post the settings when I get home....I think it was interleave for each frame instead of every 2 frames. I am rendering to avi files...seems best.

Whatever I do I can't and don't think you can get to look like the raw .mt2s file. That file is amazing!

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

According to that guy, you set the bitrate to 10 in the hauppage settings....I believe he bypasses arcsoft completely....his videos look IGN quality

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Incorrect he uses the arcsoft to record the video. You can adjust how you record in the arcsoft (hauppauge). once you have the recording you can throw it directly into Sony Vegas and Edit from there.

He stresses to try and keep the settings as close as possible when rendering to help keep the quality.

he renders to mpegs and when I did that it did not come out as nice as his.....the colors popped more but the quality was not as good. I am pretty happy with the Purdue video....I might just keep it like that.

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

did you notice an option in Vegas to take a still shot like you can do in Corel?

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes very easy to do you can.

Over on top of the preview window there is a save as button and you can save any still to the desktop or anywhere you would like.........very easy and cool!

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

sweetness.........can't wait to get this new PC so I can start experimenting

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Great vid (again) JMS. I enjoy watching them.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I dont like writing game summaries and I feel like there is only so much you can get out of them.

Glad some of you like em...........they are much easier to make now!

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I hate the play at 2:39... I jumped that mother fucker, hit Y, and NOTHING HAPPENED! I was beside myself. At least swat it! But can't complain now obviously.