Punting bug

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by DU55, Sep 6, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

In TLY during my first preseason game there was instances where I would punt the ball at full power and the ball would only travel 10-15 yards downfield. The same thing appeared to be happening to Randiesel75 , but ill let him chime in on the matter. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Havent seen this addressed elsewhere but if it has been I apoligize.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    In preseason they sub in backups. Your backups only kick the ball 15 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

So recommendation should be to sign two punters and make one of them your final cut down to 53?

4. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Or go in and switch your punter back to punt and your kicker to kick. Thats all that happens. You kicker punts and your punter kicks. Adam Vinatieri punted for -4 yards. Literally went behind him.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Thats a pita...

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I posted about this in the Pre-season tips thread ;-)

nice to see the game finally distinguished between kickers and punters, ala NCAA where you really just needed to recruit one that was good and let him handle both duties.

7. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Never considered that, but sounds like that probably is the culprit. One would think though that a FG kicker could punt a football farther than 15 yards. Thanks for the reply.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i just do all my subs at the start of each qtr... make sure the P is at P and the K is at K... takes a minute but its a small price to pay for some good preseason action finally.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Wish I had read about this before I played my game cause it really hurt my team by giving the other team great field position.

10. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Agreed when I saw who was punting. I was like ohhhhh! But them I calmed down. Its pre-season and i don't care. I use these games to play my borderline guys. If they fail me? tumblr_m9c54pHH5L1r1mtsdo2_250.gif If they succeed? tumblr_lwjf7eGqzb1qh1x5oo1_250.gif

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Every once and a while they'll get off a good one. even then, though, its maybe a 30 yard punt and likely hit really low.