Punting

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

It has been brought to my attention that there are multiple owners using this method to punt to their opponent. This is NOT ALLOWED under any circumstances. It is the "low, bouncing punt". It is a cheap punt that the AI will still try to pick up and a lot of times they will touch it but can not pick it up. This is very unrealistic and banned in league play!

Fast forward to 3:23 for examples of the punt.

If you don't want your opponent to catch it, punt it OOB.

Lobster Killah
    Scw493
    Boman5
    RRAHx2

oneshot24
    NateDawg
    Ghost
    HatchBurrito

nellycuz
    mmorgan184
    Snake Eyez
    sploofdogg

Aspect1
    AWinkler02
    roll2tide

SmashMouthFB33
    Troy J.
    The Rulah
    MidMachine

SFRANGER6969
    CTfromDC
    Matthew Keves
    jay2149

Anthrax78
    xassassin4lifex
    Selvy9
    Raytex3

GDip
    MS8403
    Elemnt
    SwagKingCole23

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

LOL this guy is a super cheeser!

3. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Well that was my intent just doesnt always workout...I will just kick it down the cob...wish old boy I played would have just said something to me during the game and there wouldnt have been an issue...I am not a third grader

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

If it feels like cheese, and smells like cheese, then it probably is (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

It's all good man this could be directed towards me as we'll, don't take it personal....I lower my punt trajectory when the wind is in my face, I try to aim it out of bounds but it stayed in one time recently. I won't lower my trajectory as much to solve the issue..no biggie.

6. RRAHx2

No it wasn't just you man, I know 3 other guys in the league that do that.

7. RRAHx2

Yeah that's a good plan. I never lower the trajectory just to be safe. I only will raise it if I need a short punt.

8. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Well my apologies go out to the league...I am not an unfair player and was really only trying to keep the ball out of the returners hands...I am terrible at aiming my punts and making them go where I am aiming so I kick it low to ensure I get what I am looking for...wont happen again

• Like Like x 1
  9. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Nope not taking it personal I just knew I was one of the guilty party and I wish the guy I played would have said something to me DURING the game

• Like Like x 1
  10. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

LOL I said something to you after the game I am not the one to pause the game and complain just not my style if I lose I lose but most of the time when you do this the other person wants to start a big argument over a game and I just do not have the time to do that.

Also when I looked in the rules it was not listed as a rule so how can I tell you you are breaking the rules when there was not one?? So to get clarification I messaged the commish it was not a complaint against you it was a question of is this type of thing allowed in the league.

So nobody was calling you out b/c I am sure others have seen this in the league. I just wanted to know if this punt was cool to do here in the league.

11. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

And I never said anything was wrong when we played never did I say you tried to cheat me or anything like that. Win or Lose I would of said the same thing GG but I still wanted clarification of the rule from the commish before I called you out on it. So after the game all I asked was were you trying to do that punt on purpose?? That is something you cannot fault me of.

12. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Not real worried about any of this...I don't argue about video games either, more important things to do with my time...not worried about any one "calling" me out I am a big boy...my point is I dont cheat or glitch a video game and if you would have simply said something along the lines of being unsure about the punt I would have stopped or tried something else...I dont take video games personal, that would be sad

13. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Partner I am not faulting you for anything...I was not aware I was doing anything wrong and again like a couple of posts up I apologize...IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN

14. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

As someone who's involved in these discussions, this wasn't posted to call out 1 person, but rather make several aware that this isn't cool. Technically, it wasn't in the rules, but as stated above, if it smells or feels off, it probably is. However, if we had an issue that called into play your overall simness, you'd know about it in private by now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I guess that Rodney Harrison jersey in the background gives him all the credentials on how to cheat the "right" way. Whenever I experienced a punt like that I just that ball roll.