Purdue ends USER game drought with shutout of Pitt

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Mar 30, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Normally I'd be very excited about a USER game shutout, but honestly this win was a bit unsatisfying.

It was the home opener for the Boilermakers, we all know what happened last week. Needless to say the crowd was on pins and needles hoping their beloved team would get the monkey off their back after a string of painful losses. Panthers got the ball first and were not able to muster much besides a first down or two. After the stop Purdue got rolling working their way down the field. Pitt was able to hold the home team out of the endzone and they had to settle for a field goal. Pitt's second drive had the same fate as the first as they could not put anything together. The rest of the 1st quarter was very uneventful with stalled drives from both teams.

The second quarter saw Purdue explode. At the halfway point of the quarter Purdue got into the endzone by way of a touchdown pass from Rod Riley to William Causey from 5 yards out. On the insuing drive from Pitt their RB Blake Strikland tried to break out of a tackle for loss and ended up putting the ball on the carpet. LB Eddie Hudson picked it up and ran it 27 yds untouched for the TD and just like that it was 17-0. It was this point where it appeared Pitt kind of gave in. They had a pretty conservative gameplan to begin with, but they just played flat most of the half. After another failed drive by Pitt, Riley found Causey again for a 17 yd TD pass. Finally at the end of the half, Causey threw his 3rd TD of the quarter to Joseph Gibson with 2 seconds left to make it 31-0 at the half.

Pitt packed it in and just played to get the game over with and we don't really blame them. I just wish there was a little more battle in them. I couldn't really get excited about this win despite finally ending "The Streak". I guess a win is a win and it's certainly better than still being on a USER game losing streak.

Rodney Riley: 15-23, 284 yds, 3 TD, INT
    Ken Sampson: 23 carries, 102 yds
    William Causey: 5 rec, 90 yds, 2 TD

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

YEAH!!

[​IMG]

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Classic, where do you get these.

As for the win... I know where you're coming from, and I know where he was coming from. Been in both situations.