Purdue in the last season LOL

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Purdue in the last season LOL

Glory days - yeah they'll pass you by!

So '09 and my Glory Days have passed me by but I wanted to close with one quick note about the third consecutive championship won by Purdue. yep, I almost got beat by UCLA (should have been beat!) but our defense was so sick that I just had to mention it.

On the season, we allowed 505 yards rushing. Slightly more than half of what the second-best team (UCLA) allowed.

Oklahoma - 21 car, 4 yards
    UCLA - 30 Car, 51 yards
    Minnesota - 26 car, 22 yards
    Notre Dame - 33 car, 33 yards
    Iowa - 29 car, 57 yards
    Northwestern - 34 car, 31 yards
    Wisconsin - 30 car, 62 yards
    Penn State - 23 car, 58 yards
    Michigan St - 32 car, 43 yards
    Illinois - 36 car, 2 yards
    Indiana - 22 car, -15 yards
    Arizona State - 24 car, 71 yards

Ole Miss (BCS) - 40 car, 86 yards (they broke a couple :( )

We led the nation in points allowed, sacks, interceptions, and defensive touchdowns.

The ringleader of it all was inside linebacker Jason Lumpkin. Now, the only guy who will know who this is (might) be Rhude. Because he recruited him too, but it was too late. 2-star MLB that turned out to be an 85 OVR in his junior season, with awesome ratings across the board (99 play recognition)

He won the Butkus and Bednarik awards, racking up 116 tackles, 24 TFL, 8 sacks, 8 INT, and 4 touchdowns on INT/fumble returns. Thing to remember about that season is, a ILB in a 3-4 is like a D-lineman half the time - things aren't exactly funneled to him. Awesome player!

So yes, we might have dominated on a shitty, cheesy game. But damnit we did dominate!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol ..great stuff man

is lumpkin the guy you were telling me about earlier...i think it is

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL these guys are bitter, none of them even respond to me anymore or say hey good job beating us all again (n)

Yeah he's the one, hehehehe.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Hey helli good job beating us again! 2010 a new year is born.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOLOL!! You know i'm just giving you guys crap. Holding on desperately to the past. Now let's get this going let me know when my invite is sent! YEAH BOYEE!!!!