Purdue in the NC

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Apr 14, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Purdue in the NC

Purdue - 34
    Ohio St - 24

I'll let Helli recap it, he's better at that shit than me. I'm just going to recap quite possibly the biggest play of the year.

Trailing 24-21 with under 2 mins to go, 3rd and 4 on approx Purdue's 30 yd line. We call a pass and our slot guy does a quick curl and comes open for the 1st down. At the very least...OT...at the very best, we can pound it in for a TD with seconds to go since our RB was doing some work between the tackles. FLAG ON THE PLAY Holding! I think the 2nd penalty of the game, the 1st coming on a holding on a kickoff. And the flag came in AFTER the WR caught the ball and was tackled. Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!?!

Best part...THERE IS NO REPLAY AVAILABLE FOR THIS PLAY! I was going to submit it for play of the month. FUCK!

Anyways, better player and team won. Helli deserved it. Good luck in the Title game, make us the 1st conference with all 4 users having a Title. GG bro

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks man... There were a couple of big plays that we made and then the huge lucky break (a typical recipe for Purdue success this season). I don't think I've had a single user game this year where I didn't get a huge break.

Whaddaryagonnado

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Third and four. Ohio State on the Purdue 41 yard line. Down by three. Clock showing just over two minutes remaining. Ohio State QB Ben Smith made the read, made the throw, and watched his receiver make the catch and get the first down. The Buckeyes would continue their march to either tie the game with a field goal or get the game-winning touchdown. Then the flag. Practically after the play. Just a horrible break for OSU, the kind I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (unless I needed a win real bad).

Back to 3rd and 14, Smith found running back Joey Hayes for a 4-yard gain, but still had a lot of meat left on the bone at 4th and 10; and Ohio State was too far away to kick a field goal.

Smith dropped back, found nobody, waited for his receiver to cut to the sideline, and made a throw. Free safety Chad Dean and cornerback Michael Adams were in the vicinity, and Adams picked off the pass, juked one guy, and went all the way back for a touchdown.

Everything that led up to that point is barely worth mentioning. That penalty was the play of the game.

But, some highlights:

-Purdue was completely stopped on the ground. Completely. When we weren't getting stuffed for -2 yards to a 1-yard gain, we were watching as Jonathan Campbell got hurt THREE TIMES in the game, finally for good (9 weeks).

-Purdue won the turnover battle 3-1

Those two things basically kept it close. We couldn't run, they lost the turnover battle, and anything else is pretty much not worth mentioning up until the point Ohio State gets dicked with the horribly-timed penalty.

GG Juggs.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Pretty impressive when you think about who Helli had to beat.

5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Great season Helli...you definitely earned this shit

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hi HELLI! :)

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I would say there were three games that were just white-knuckled bitches this year and that was Penn State, A&M and Ohio State. You of course you gave me a helluva game too, but the fact that we made it through with THREE games that were closer than that one tells me how lucky we were to make it all the way through.

Thanks man. Wasn't easy at all. I think I'm most happy that I finally won a Big Ten crown! But we will go after Griff and try to get a title too.

:beernana:

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great job Helli winning 5 user games...now going onto your 6th game.

It chaps my ass that I am that list though!(n)

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Purdue wins title game

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If I thought you believed that, I'd feel extra pressure with all the expectations on my shoulders :D

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Purdue is favored by 2.5
    Over under is 65.5

12. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I'm 2 for 2 in Tradition predictions

This will make me for 3 for 3

edit: Helli, Mo's a beast there's no questioning that, but you're a heady player....probably one of the more brainy guys I have played in this game

You have a good shot

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

um, you predicted a win over Ohio St :)

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Helli's Key to success this year is

1: His maturity of his players, he has alot of junior/seniors players playing well.
    2: Anthony Robinson is a key factor.
    3: The most important.....he doesn't turn the ball over! If he does he will lose....like most people. He has protected that ball better than anyone this season bar none.

If anyone knows how I win it is usually off scoring at least once with my defense.......we had our chances against Helli but didn't capitalize..he did!

Good luck Helli, you have the whole BIG TEN on your side......don't let those overrated Pac-10 fags near the top of the mountain!

15. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Self predictions don't count

Uh, who's ranked higher now :)

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah we've lose 3...and prob a 4th to come to michigan. not a good year at OSU. our defense is going to finish #1 of the user teams. our offense, #12