Purdue - MurkYa21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 1, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue - MurkYa21

Playbook:
    Offense - Oregon
    Defense - 3-4

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

EXAMPLE:​

MurkYa21 -

Game: Week 9 Central Michigan 24 vs Eastern Michigan 21

Playbook:
    Offense - TBD
    Defense - 3-3-5

Scouting Report:

-He mostly ran the ball during our game, a lot of playaction in 2nd/3rd and short situations.
    -Had a few "trick plays"
    -On defense he mostly played with the FS, brought a lot of pressure.
    -I had success mixing in a couple WR screens, and picking apart zone.

*Please copy how I've done mine so we can keep things the same/neat.

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Playbooks:

Offense: Florida
    Defense: 4-2-5

Will basically use his QB like Tebow

Defensively, 4-2-5 defense makes it hard to run the ball outside which enables him to stack the inside disproportionally well against the run as well.

Spreading him out doesn't happen because he continues to make use of the 4-2-5.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Same as before except his QB now is definitely no Tebow clone. Pick 6 to win the game was the result of a VERY poor throw by his QB, which will happen more since his QB isn't nearly as talented as he had last season.

His running game uses his RBs more now than it used to (obviously because his QB can't run the QB iso plays anymore).

The secret to beating his defense is unpredictable runs into the heart of the 4-2-5 defense.

If you are confident that you can throw the ball 40-60 times a game in spread formations without turning the ball over, then use that until the cows come home as that is the one true weakness of the 4-2-5.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Offense: San Diego State
    Defense: 4-2-5

On offense, mixes the playcalls up very well. Tends to run more up the middle than outside, but will mix in the option. Will also try to sneak in the occassional screen pass. His receivers seem to be pretty tall, so he gets the ball to them up high.

On defense, if you can keep him honest with the run, the passing game will be open. I ran the ball 27 times for only 29 yards, but those runs kept the pass plays available with open receivers. Flies to the ball with the user controlled player and will go for a lot of big hits, getting most of them.

Need to bring your A game if you want to win against him, even with Tebow, Jr. gone.

6. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Offense: South Carolina
    Defense: 3-4

On offense I saw a heavy dose of the running back. Often spread the field with 3 or 4 receivers and ran the ball against my pass D. When he passed it seemed to be a lot of short to medium balls over the middle and a few RB flats.

Defensively he was very aggressive. This stymied my running game, but when I finally committed to the pass I had some success. I was dead in the water when trying to hold the ball until receivers got down field, it has to be quick-release catch-and-runs.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

-------Purdue as of Season 4--------

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Playbook:
    Offense - Oregon
    Defense - 3-4

Offense: was very mixed. I don't remember too many runs up the middle. Most runs went to the outside, ran some option, had designed runs to Robinson, and some scrambles. Tried me deep a few times but primarily kept the action close when passing

Defense: blitzed alot, wasn't afraid to send everyone. good pressure on the qb, the sidelines and edges of the field were open for me a few times resulting in some nice gains, run defense was very solid, alot of big hits in open space.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Offense: Good spread offense, I shut down the run and he hit some crossing routes very timely. ran some wildcat and used some screens, good offense but I think if you take away his QB it will shutdown. watch out for FR WRs!

Defense: very good at mixing it up and bringing pressure, was only able to complete 1 deep pass. focus on establishing the run because it can be there and set your plays up.