Purdue vs Wisconsin Part II: The Badgers strike back?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JQwon13, Dec 21, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Purdue @ Wisconsin

We're two weeks away from the second meeting of Purdue and Wisconsin in their annual grudge match.

The first meeting between Coach Qwon and Coach Oshiomogho certainly didn't disappoint. It was a back and forth overtime thriller that Purdue won on a 2-pt conversion 39-38. And it even took home the very prestigous Crushy award for best game. However, that game was won on the back of Robert Bolden and his 250+ yards rushing to go along with some big work in the receiving and return game as well. He accounted for 95% of Purdue's yards in that game and now he must be replaced.

The Boilermakers have had to rely on their passing attack more and it has not gone well. QB Jacob Russell has just 4 touchdowns to go along with his 15 interceptions. Meanwhile, the running game isn't nearly what it was with Bolden as Purdue has used both Brandon Cottom and Doug Gentry but neither has really excelled.

The defense has been the catalyst to all the Purdue victories as they have limped to 4-3 so far. Leading a tough pass rush, is defensive end Ryan Russell, who already has 7 sacks on the season. The defense will have to come up big if they plan to stop the Badgers.

But the Badgers aren't too shabby on defense either. While their offense has also taken a step back this season, their defense has excelled. Linebacker Shawn Daingerfield has lived in opponents backfields and Purdue's offensive line will have a tough time stopping him. While the Badgers pass rush might not be quite as ferocious as Purdue's, they make up for it in the secondary with big interceptions. This could spell trouble for Jacob Russell.

The Badger offense has stayed with the mantra that slow and steady wins the race. They've let their defense do the heavy lifting as QB Robert Gandy has just 1,200 yards passing so far. Melvin Gordon has led the Wisconsin rushing attack with 585 yards, but the Badgers aren't the offensive juggernaut they were last season.

Regardless of how the teams have fared so far this season, you can throw out all the stats and numbers for this one. These two teams are gonna go at it til this ones over. It might take overtime to seperate them once again....

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Purdue by double digits........

but holy shit Qwon, I told you that you couldn't throw the ball worth a shit and you blamed it on your "playbook" ;)

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

LOL, I don't know what happened. I threw two pick-6's last week. Both of them were gay as the guy that picked it was about 15 yards in front of my WR and just jumped up and picked it. I try to bullet every throw. I could do it on last year's version but I still have to adjust here....

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    (BTW: I love Christina Milian)

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

s
    sounds pretty gay

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oshiomogho

Shall tonight be the night? My Boilermakers are hungry...

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I'm pretty much ready whenever you are

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Splendid. I should be home from work around 5:30 cst. So I'll get on then and hopefully we can play then.

9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i will be. waiting on him to get home first. Im about to eat something so maybe we'll play in 20 min or so if hes around

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I've been on for the last hour ass clown... i said 5:30 cst.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I have been watching my nephew all day, hadnt turned the XBox on. I was waiting for you to post in the boards. and you didnt post until almost 6cst
    sorry?

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I am missing my offense

please return ASAP if found

14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

NO sound??

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

1st and goal at the 3 and i got stood up

10-7 loss on NO offense for UW
    defensive score only

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

GG Oshi... My offense wasn't exactly a juggernaut either. I thought adding the option to my game for the first time would throw you off...clearly i was wrong.

17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I didnt understand the Chewing of the clock the whole game but i couldnt get anything started. WRs couldnt get off the press all day and I didnt have time to let them. Run game didnt work.

embarrassing game all around for me

18. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

props to JQwon13 worst talent in the OD and just keeps winning.

19. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Jwon15 had some serious heat coming at his ass! LOL

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oshi already told the ending so I'll just add cliff notes...

Wisconsin went up 7-0 with an interception returned for a TD in the 2nd quarter.

Purdue answered with a 5-yd TD run before the half to tie it.

Then Purdue with a 50-yard field goal with 4 minutes left that proved to be a game winner.

The Purdue defense gets MVP as they got a shutout despite my offense giving up a score. Held Wiscy to 112 yards total and 0-8 on 3rd down.

Not a whole lot of individual stats to share cuz they were terrible. My QB went 10-21 for 111 yds and 1 int

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Whats this shit JQwon13 ?

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Against everyone but the cpu...

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nevermind i see its legal i think

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

His team was a lot more talented. So I tried to shorten the game as much as possible and try to minimalize his athletes abilties to hurt me.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know, i undeerstand and completely agree with that strategy-- its just most leagues I've been in here don't allow it.