Pure Analog HITTING Video

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Townie33, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

2. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

I have been playing with this quite a bit lately. A couple of things they don't mention in the vid that they really should. Just like in "zone" hitting, if you push the stick in/out, it is like swinging at inside and outside pitches. Also, if you have "guess pitch off," the left stick has ZERO influence on anything you do. Lastly; and I think a very, very important point omitted from the video; is what happens when you press SQUARE or CIRCLE prior to the pitch. SQUARE, as we all know, is the power button. Pressing it prior to the pitch will reduce the size of the batters PCI (plate coverage indicator). So there is less chance of good contact with the ball. Pressing CIRCLE on the other hand (pre-pitch) will increase the size of the PCI and give you a better chance of making contact. I went to the CIRCLE press after a two-strike count and took the at bat to 12 pitches before finally flying out.

The other thing is that you can't really swing up or down. (I guess this makes sense since you always are making the UP movement with the stick.) The CPU automatically does this for you. When going back to check my last swing I will find myself saying, "I don't remember swinging UP at that." But the CPU is adjusting your swing up/down. But the TIMING is all on YOU!!!

Good luck and keep at it. This is starting to grow on me. I love the challenge.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Thanks for the video and the tips.

Yeah this seems like a challenge but I do not know if I would want to use it in competition. Seems like it would take way too long to master. Seems like there is way too much to worry about. I have a hard enough time reading pitches lol

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

ditto. thx for the analysis T!

5. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

I hit back-to-back jacks over the weekend in the demo with Buster Posey and Cody Ross using the analog stick. The first was simply using the stick, but the second I had actually hit the CIRCLE for contact since I was hitting with two strikes. Cool stuff.

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Glad someone can actually hit! lol

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

"The Dude Abides"

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'm starting to pick it up easier, even though I am usually way early instead of late...