Pushing for Paydirt '14 Launch

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Baron, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]
    Welcome all to the first season of Pushing for Paydirt in the NCAA '14 cycle!​
    I'm looking forward to getting things started. Before we can begin, there are some house-keeping items.​
    Invites have been sent to:​
    Bucs
    The following members are NOT on my friends list and need to add me asap:​
    The name of the OD is: PFP​
    The password for the OD is: trad1t10n​
    You must create a coach. My preference is to either use your real name or your forum name so we can keep everyone straight.​
    Your playbooks need to be in to me asap. Even if they are only a team-specific playbook and not a CPB. Please do so as soon as you have made your choice. You MUST have your playbook declared to me, in this thread, before your first user game.​
    Please note the new sliders and other new dynasty rules (especially the Coach XP point allocation ratio) in the updated dynasty rules thread.
    Team previews are a must! The OD will not wait on you to have your team preview in. It doesn't have to be long and extravagant with awesome pictures, graphs and breakdowns. But give us your thoughts on the talent on hand, future needs, outlook, key games or some combination.​
    If you do not have even a bare-bones preview once we advance from Week 2 to Week 3, you will be docked a bumper scholarship. Content is important for any OD, especially a premier OD. I don't think this'll be an issue as every person here comes highly recommended.​
    The sooner you guys hop on into the OD, the sooner I can make custom schedules and we can advance. Our advances, per the rules thread, are a hard 48 hours unless there is an extreme situation for a user v. user game that warrants an extra 24 hours. The 48-hour clock will start at the first 10 p.m. EST. For example, if everyone gets into the OD and we have everything ready tonight at 9 p.m., the clock will start at 10 p.m. EST tonight. If everyone gets their stuff in by tomorrow at noon, the clock will start at 10 p.m. EST Sunday. I will advance to week 1 as soon as everyone readies up (don't forget to scout in preseason!).​
    If there are any questions or concerns, please put them in the Setup/Discussion thread.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

w00t!

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

4. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Baron, I read that there is a 1:1 ratio for building our coaches and am assuming that this to prevent everyone from maxing out the recruiting side first. For someone like myself who's more focused on the gameplay/gameplay upgrades, does this mean I have always upgrade my recruiting side before my gameplan side?

5. Baron

No. If you want to go entirely game management, that is certainly your right. But the recruiting side, in my opinion and other members whose opinions I value, the recruiting tree >>>>> game management.

6. gwill

Ok just to be clear, if we want to primarily/solely game management skills that's fine (don't have to alternate) but every time we upgrade a recruiting skill, the next upgrade has to be game management?

7. Baron

No. A 1:1 ratio means that you must, at any point, have 1 game management point for your recruiting points. Obviously, if you're at an odd number on the points (say you're level 3) you can be within 1 point of the other. If you go 10 points in game management and then put a point in recruiting, you can put a second, a third, all the way until you reach a 10 - 10 split. But say you then put another point in recruiting for a GM: 10 - 11: REC split. Your next point then MUST be in recruiting. Savvy?

8. gwill

I got it. I was just asking as someone who cares more about the game management skills over the recruiting skills.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.