putting maths?

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by Gaziola, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Gaziola

Gaziola Walk On

anyone willing to share any tips on putting in tourney mode and tourney greens?

just simple stuff to work out extra yards for uphill etc

2. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

general rule of thumb is for every inch up or down -- add or subtract a foot to get your distance. Based on course conditions, slow, average, fast, tournament you need to make an adjustment on that number. I'll leave it at that.....aren't you the one that didn't want "those pussy green grids"?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gaziola

Gaziola Walk On

Cheers Dub,

for some reason i can judge putts quite well with the meter but it goes tits up when its on tourney so im trying to develop a sound system and trying stuff out.

Haha yes that was me, Yea the grid puts me off more than awt and it looks a fooking eye sore on the course, prob wouldnt be so bad if it was alot more feint.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

on the green grid - are those lines any set amount of distance?

5. Gaziola

Gaziola Walk On

I don't believe they are bly

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I've always been under the impression that each line vertically is 1 yard. I'm not sure what the distance is horizontally though.

7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    well not sure if it's 1 yard,but I know they are SQUARES so ... :p

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Haha they looked more rectangular to me, but its a good possibility it was the camera angle. Also, I was mid round so I didn't put much thought into it :p

9. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I don't think they are either.In previous years they are different,because the density was controlled from one of the puttting attributes.
    It will be easy to find out what they are for your particular golfer by moving the putting meter or the aiming marker though

10. SmokeCG25

SmokeCG25 Walk On

All I know is that I'm awful at putting. COme to think of it my driving and short game isn't so swell either. :eek: Is it possible that I just suck that bad!!! :confused:

11. J_Man_813

J_Man_813 Walk On

Dub and I played the other night and I think we figured out each square is 1 yard X 1 yard= 3'x3'. I believe Dubya can confirm.

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

In that one instance they were 1yd X 1 yd. Guessing this is the case. Last year and maybe a couple years previous to that, the green grid was controlled by an attribute, putting I think. But this year, as well as in older TW games, the grids appear to be 1yd X 1yd

13. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

This is correct. Last year, the higher the putting attribute, the smaller and closer to 3'x3' the grids became. This year the grid is set at 3'x3'.