Q & A: Reply with any questions regarding the league HERE...

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Jul 30, 2012.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Gentlemen, I hope all of you have been enjoying your summer! Welcome back for another exciting year of Madden!

As many of you already know, with the upcoming M13 release, the Connected Careers Mode (CCM) will be unprecedented and provide us with online franchise capabilities like we've never had before. EVERYTHING from a franchise aspect will be managed within the online franchise itself. The only franchise actions you will be required to perform in the forum are the announcement of your re-signings (name, position, and overall rating only) so that the staff and the league may review for accuracy; posting your trades for approval; and free agency waiver claims during the regular season only. Other than that, EVERYTHING will be performed in the online franchise including the processing of your re-signings, free agents, and trades.

Several of our rules have been modified to account for the many changes with the upcoming M13 release. Please READ the rules and reply with any questions or concerns that you may have as to why certain rules were updated and/or how the league has been effected by certain aspects of the game. Please be advised, with the implementation of the coach and player CCM, that we will remain a COACHES ONLY league.

With that said, I open the post for constructive league discussion... :)

LEAGUE RULES

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

question regarding coaches. will created coaches be allowed? or re we stuck being lovie smith if we take the bears. shannahan if we take the skins etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

stock coaches unless determined otherwise...

4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Am i still entitled to the Steelers as previously promised?? ;)

5. CHUNKNESS

The only thing you are entered for, Curtis, is the booby prize contest. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Will coach firings be on or off? Trying to determine if it'd be most fair to make all users create a coach just so there is no "wah, my coach is a Level 1 and his is a 4, waah" If we level the playing field, there are no excuses. Thoughts? Also if we want it to be more personable apparently you can scan your face and create your digital self as a coach

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

Great questions, Rob.

Firings would definitely be OFF. As much as I think it would be fun to have that aspect of the game in the franchise to create a sense of urgency, the coaching dynamic would open up a can of worms - and potentially, issues of owners changing teams mid-franchise if we do create coaches in our names (read on).

As for for the coach levels, you make a valid point. If it makes more sense for everyone to create a coach in their name (and their face :) ) so that it is an even playing field from a coaching level standpoint, that is absolutely what we would do. I would certainly agree that teams should not have an unfair advantage based on the head coach assigned to their team, but rather, their success should be based on the actual owner/coach controlling the team.

pittrocks43

• Like Like x 2
  8. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I seen this in other leagues about which roster to choose from:

On-Disc:

Rosters will have inaccurate players, player numbers and potentially equipment compared to where the NFL is when the game is released. However, the ability to have full cuts is the main draw.

First Roster Update:

Most accurate rosters of the four, will likely include all transactions made up to the game's release. Less player cuts are mandatory, possibly all gone. If this were to happen, we'd develop a system to fill rosters so cuts could still happen.

On-Disc, Update with Trades:

More accurate than original on-disc, but still will have the inaccuracies of more minor things like numbers (more so since there's no way to edit them.) Still wouldn't have free agent signings like STL FB Ovie M or Supplemental Draft Browns WR Josh Gordon.

My question is which roster are we going to go with?

9. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

We always go with the 1st roster update or at least we have the last 3 years

• Like Like x 2
  10. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Thanx I didnt know.

11. CHUNKNESS

Just to confirm, Rob is correct.

Thx, Rob.

12. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

NP Doug, I'm just glad we dont have to wait for a separate update to OF like in years past since everything is connected

• Like Like x 2
  13. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I usually do not bash EA developers but Donny Moore is a ratings clown with some of these ratings that have come out already.

• Like Like x 2
  14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I still would argue that Joe Flacco at an 88 is absolutely ridiculous. If anything, he's the reason that team hasn't won anything yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Maybe not an 88 but he should be in the 80's.

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

An 8 overall difference is quite large. But yes, he definitely deserves to be in the 80's. Perhaps an 80 or 81...

17. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

hes been a 85+ over all after his rookie year.

18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

At least he's consistently overrated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

20. CHUNKNESS

Guys, it's OK to discuss the individual player ratings. Just please make sure you are being constructive about it. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation. :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

So by being constructive, do you mean by suggesting where he should be and why? If not, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by constructive.

Yes, I'm begin serious. I'm not looking for anyone to get upset with me because I'm critical of ratings. I'm not even sure why it would be an issue, so I just want to avoid that in the future.

22. CHUNKNESS

constructive criticism

Definition: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

23. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I was afraid you'd say that.

24. CHUNKNESS

25. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

CHUNKNESS
    pittrocks43
    LtJustice

So are we going to go with created coaches and gameface???

My take on it would be YES, as you mentioned it would make an even playing field all across the board. I understand that some issues would be owners quitting or such. But the only way I see that happening is if its an emergency, as we as owners are committing to 12th Man for the full ride and not just part time. If you signed up thinking on just one season, or to see if you can get a good team and if you dont you will quit. Well this is definetly not the league for you and you should speak up NOW. And give someone a chance to fully commit to this league.

Another question, are we still playing one season and simmung the other?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1