Q & A

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Feb 18, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Q & A

This was sparked in the Deuce and the Tradition started it last night before I could get my hands on it because I was waiting to get the new sub-forum and clean up a lil bit.... so take it away fellas and try to dig deep and elaborate on some of them if you can. Also this isn't just for this year, you can bring up any player

Question #1 - If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in C2C?

Question #2 - What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? why?

Question #3 - Two Coaches splitting the 3 Titles who will be the newcomer to win a title?

Question #4 - What teams have you owned so far in C2C?

Question #5 - If you could change one thing about the C2C what would it be?

Question #6 - Who is the one player/coach that if they change/improve one thing they could be great?

Question #7 - What is your team's biggest strength?

Question #8 - What is your team's biggest weaknesses?

Question #9 - Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?

Question #10 - (a) Who has been your favorite player of C2C so far? (b) Favorite player not on your team?

Question #11 - Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

Question #12 - What player do you envy/despise? on the field not coach.

Question #13 - Plan on being in C2C for NCAA '11?

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Question #1 - If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in C2C?
    I'd probably say Bogey. He's only been with us a season and a half, but he has the least talented roster and came within 2 points of winning the title last year and is a 2 point conversion away from being undefeated with another shot this year. He's gonna be scary when he gets players to match his coaching ability.

I haven't played anyone except Juggernaut more than once in C2C, and since he ended my winning streak, I'd have to say him. I'm looking forward to a shot at revenge next year.

Question #3 - Two Coaches splitting the 3 Titles who will be the newcomer to win a title?
    I like Noles as the favorite to win the title this year, but if I had to pick a newcomer, I'd go with his rival Beazus. He's played Noles close the last couple Miami-FSU games and a win in the conference championship probably would get him in the title game.

I don't think I've 'owned' any of the other user teams, but I was proud of my first championship season where I got fairly convincing wins against very good teams by OU, OSU and Florida and then FSU in the BCS title game. I felt like I really earned that title.

I don't know that I'd change anything really. We have a good group and the competition appears pretty even. Maybe having everyone play 4 regular season user games and putting Texas and OU in separate parts of the Big 12 next year (if those are the two Big 12 teams).

Question #6 - Who is the one player that if they change/improve one thing they could be great?
    Hmmm, that's a good question. Everyone I've played has been tough, but I guess I would say if Bond could play the CPU like he plays other users he would have that Michigan program in awesome shape. I've played him in CTL and he played me tough with a far inferior team, I really don't know what happens when he goes against the CPU.

Probably depth at RB and LB. Unfortunately, I'm not good at running and my offensive line is not great this year.

Youth at WR (5 redshirt freshman and 2 seniors) and the secondary (4 redshirt freshman in the 2 deep).

A physics based movement system so that some of the gimmicky defenses in the game are not as overly effective as they are now.

Question #10 - (a) Who has been your favorite player of C2C so far? (b) Favorite player not on your team?
    My favorite player on my team was probably Malcolm Williams. Gotta love a 6'3" 230 lb receiver with 95 speed. My favorite player not on my team would be Julio Jones from Bama, I'm using him in Trifecta and he would have been scary with me at the helm.

Question #11 - Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?
    I've actually gotten most of the players I really wanted in recruiting in the 2+ years in this OD, but I would have liked to get the 5 star CB that Miami snagged from me last year, he looks like he's gonna be money.

Question #12 - What player in your conference have you envied/despised?
    The only CPU team I've come remotely close to losing to in the Big 12 was Nebraska in the Big 12 title game in my first championship run. I won the game 49-42 on a last second touchdown and the QB (think it was Lee) just shredded my highly rated secondary in the game.

You ain't getting rid of me.

Probably OU or the Oregon if he wins the Pac 10. Both will end up ranked in the top 5 and have no user games left during the year. I think the winner of the UF/FSU then controls the destiny of the other team in the title game.

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Question #1 - If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in C2C? Dru with Bogey a close second. Havnt played everyone so far.

Bogey with Bond a close second.

Question #3 - Two Coaches splitting the 3 Titles who will be the newcomer to win a title? Beazus has been on an awesome run.

Question #4 - What teams have you owned so far in C2C? I have beaten Navy half to death. Not owned any user games, always been down to the last second.

I would like to have unlimited recruits and more user games, especially the recruits in your first 2 years to shape your teams to fit your style.

Question #6 - Who is the one player that if they change/improve one thing they could be great?

Bond for sure. He is the only user with worse luck than I do. Hit by tons of injuries as well.

OL and Cierre Woods

QB play and my tackling.

I want to be able to watch user games.

Cierre Woods. Shakerin from Utah.

Not too sure on that one.

Shakerin for sure. Love/hate relationship.

Hope sp.

No one does because on any night, you can get beat, even by Marshall.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'd have to go with Dru or Noles in this one, since they have taken home the championships. An honorable mention goes to Bogey who had an amazing run last season with a vastly inferior team.

I think this one is pretty obvious, Noles/FSU has owned my school for several years. I had him beat in our first game but couldn't run out the clock. In the two most recent games I have killed myself with turnovers.

I'd like to say Florida but I still gotta beat FSU as well as a hungry Alabama team in SEC Championship. Right now Jugs/Oklahoma probably has best shot due to his current ranking and his remaining schedule.

I have won all my games against Alabama but they have all been tough matches. I know coach Perry is really itching for a win this season. I am also 2-0 against OSU/Troy, though I got lucky to win against him this season.

I wish Texas and Oklahoma played in a conference championship game. Hopefully we can fix the conference alignment for next year's game.

Question #6 - Who is the one player/coach that if they change/improve one thing they could be great?

I will go with Papa Perry for this one. He is great on defense and running the ball but interceptions are his kryptonite. If he could cut down on the picks he'd be a very dangerous opponent.

I'd have to say wide receiver is my team's best strength this season. I have 4 players with a 90+ overall rating and 92+ speed. Hammond Jr. is nearly unstoppable on streaks and Andre Debose is probably the best slot receiver in the NCAA. I also have 2 very talented tight ends to go with the receivers.

No real weaknesses on the team this season but running back is becoming a concern. Mike Gillislee can't stay healthy for a full quarter and has missed 6 games with 2 "1 week" injuries. With Ryan Holt now out for 6 weeks the load has fallen to Adam Snyder and Chad Richards. They have performed well in recent weeks but I'm hoping to have starters back before games against FSU and Bama.

Better CPU AI, especially in blocking. The blocking mechanics in this game are poor at best and have helped teams using non-traditional defensive playbooks.

a) I hate him in real life but I have to go with Tim Tebow in this game. He could complete almost any pass imaginable and he also had legs to scramble when taking on pressure.

b) I'm gonna go with Brandon Saine. I just wish he could stay healthy and get some regular playing time. He makes big plays in real life and in this game. He was my favorite player on my Rivalry dynasty team.

I think LT Jr. is going to be a stud but I am pretty talented at linebacker right now. The players I could really use are the wide receivers that Alabama landed last season. I don't have a lot of speed behind my starters and I'm losing 3 seniors after this season. I didn't even pursue those players because I knew Bama, Miami, and Oklahoma were putting on the full court press.

I was glad to see Julio Jones graduate from Bama. He always seemed to get open and caught everything within 20 yards. Even with safety help he often beat me for long touchdowns.

I definitely plan on being here next season. This dynasty has been my top priority since I joined and I hope to stick around for many years to come.

I have to go with Oklahoma for this one. They should win every game by at least 20 points for the remainder of the season. They could end up playing Nebraska twice at the end of the season, that is only possible stumbling block I see. Florida State/Florida face each other and have tough conference championships after that game. One of those teams may be able to get into title game against Sooners.

5. KnightNoles

Good job guys and I made this edit:

Also this isn't just for this year, you can bring up any player
    and # 6. Who is the one player/coach that if they change/improve one thing they could be great?

If you wanna go back and edit your posts for the ones that have posted

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Ill say Bogey - he does the most with the least amount of talent. When he gets his talent level on par with the rest of the league - watch out!

Lucky ass Florida State

Florida is ranked #1 so Ill say the Gators.

Im probably not well liked in Durham, NC right now. I make Duke my bitch every year.

Id switch to Nebraska and let someone else play FSU twice a year.

Not sure - the two people I played this year (FSU & Utah) are already pretty damn good and I couldnt give them any advice on NCAA10 even if I wanted to.

Team speed on defense

Consistency at the skill positions on offense

The ability to add new rival games

DE Marcus Robinson was nasty. Defensive linemen shouldnt have a speed rating of 89. QB Corbin Louks lit me up last year when I wasn't expecting it.

Im having problems at QB right now and could have used Brandon McCoud, who eventually signed with Florida.

FSU can suck my ball sack.

Why not

I hear Miami is a pushover, so Ill say FSU has the easier path.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This is good stuff, nice work

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Dru is right there going back to back, but I always found Max the toughest cat to face. Noles is scary good too.

I dunno....I would say either dru or brave but i had them both figured out by half time and it was more of a race against the clock to get out of a hole in both games. I'll say Bravejaf though...I'd like to play him one more time though ;)

Gotta think Bogey. Only because in order for beazus to do it he's gotta beat noles twice in one season. good luck with that sheeiit.

I own nothing....

the cpu difficulty, and the periodic long pauses between advances that we've had at times.

Bondzai for sure. I don't know what it is with him. I have alot of respect for his sportsmanship and his game. I'm 2-1 against him and he crushed me one year. If he played the way he played me year 2 I think he'd be a contender every year. He's got it in him, just sometimes it doesn't materialize. I'll give him this though, he's gotta have the worst luck in this game I've seen yet.

linebacker play, running game.

QB play

I like twisters idea of watching user games that ain't broadcast, blocking ai, and alot of others. I'd love team introductions before games. Smoke for Miami games, Ohio State players rocking back and forth with arms locked, etc....

Boom Herron.

Ronnie Moore. I wouldn't be having the qb issues I have now if I had landed him. That's really the only thing I'm missing.

??? I don't get it.

More than likely.

OU kinda has it made right? What else do they have on the schedule?

9. KnightNoles

Edit:
    Changed #12

10. KnightNoles

brave, Beazus, Dru... Just how many times I have played each and really if I had another shot at the Year 2 National Title I promise it would have been different story

brave- year 1, had me all mixed up and took a helluva effort to force OT and win.
    Beazus- when he wants to play he is damn good

This year potentially Ou
    brave and his Florida team will be the next to win it all

thinking "please no karma this year" but Florida and Miami

sometimes a lil more chatter and quicker advances but reality and life is first

1) Bond- I dont know what the hell he does but once he figures it the **** out, look out
    2) Beazus- get over the hump and Miami is a dynasty

Running the ball and catching the deep ball along with a killer secondary

I dont think we have a big weakness but a spotty QB, EJ was a leader and a damn good one

watch games but thats prob out of the box and hard to do unless you have good upload speed and camera. physics but same speed, Madden but NCAA speed

(a)Terrance Parks and Avis Commack
    (b) Rolando McClain and Sean Spence

I really dont know. Miami and I fought over CB Lenny Wright and Ohio State's Micah Wolfe.
    Potentially the two WRs that Alabama inked last year

Question #12 - What player do you envy/despise?
    Malcolm Williams or Cierre Woods

duh...

Oklahoma def has the schedule in their favor
    the race will become interesting towards the end of the season

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I've played both National Champions and I have to say that Noles is probably a little better. I haven't played Bogey but knowing he took Dru's very talented Texas team to the limit last season I would have to say he's a close 2nd.

Florida and Coach Brave ofcourse. It seems I always have a great opening I just never can seem to close on

I think it comes from the SEC this season. I strongly believe that Brave will beat FSU and I will get Dru in a close match up. The winner of that game will play Juggernaut and I think the 4-2-5 can't stop either one of us.

I don't think there has been a close game with me and LSU at all. And Arkansas. The only user I'm undefeated against is Bonz but I don't think I own him.

Stricter recruiting. And to actually play a user bowl game.

I gotta say Bondz and myself. Quite a few people have told me that before (like I didn't realize that turnover can lose the game for you). Idk what Bondz has to do but if he figures it out we're all f'd.

Gameplay wise my D is very strong along with my runningbacks and O-Line

I seem to rush throws a lot but I'm working on that. Also I think some of my playcalling has become predictable.

- Neutral Site OD games

- Ability to hire/fire coordinators
    - Formation subs
    - Predator 3-4 from Madden
    - Defensive assignments
    - More wildcat plays/formations
    - Custom playbooks
    - Ability to lock onto a defender without the 3rd person camera angle
    - More advanced formation audibles
    - An actual bug-free No Huddle System
    - Overall ratings changes depending on what type of offense/defense you use.
    - Playoff mode (They did it back on NCAA 2001 I think)
    - Coaching Carousel

Lorenzo Washington; Tebow

I'll let you know when Juggernaut is done with my QB.

Question #12 - What player do you envy/despise?

There really isn't anyone I don't like. I will say that complaining about instacommits and then absolutely robbing another team a week after an A+ wisit to their campus does kind of annoy me.

Yep

I think Juggernaut does but I also think he needs me to lose to both brave and Dru. I play more ranked teams and I think the pollsters will favor the SEC...like they should.

12. BDSDIGITAL

they did that in more than one version as I remember it for PS1. You could choose 4-8- or 16 teams.

That's a feature that I can't believe they haven't done in the last 4 or 5 years. Great call on that one.

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

There is no telling what they are being paid to not put it in. But in my opinion if they are gonna let u screw around with the conferences, why not let you change up the postseason?

14. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Hard to not say Bogey with what he did with Utah but the toughest I have played is Knigh.
    Knigh. One of the games he ran on me at will and I just couldn't stop it and all 3 were decided by user strips/picks. I'm not good at those and don't even try to do them so I guess I am doomed to lose every time.
    Question #3 - Two Coaches splitting the 3 Titles who will be the newcomer to win a title? Yours truly.

Question #4 - What teams have you owned so far in C2C? I wouldn't say I have owned anyone but I have won against Killa the 2 times I've played him.

No surprise here as I'd ban user picks and especially user strips. I don't see the difference between these and the run/pass commit stuff or excessive scrambling around by a QB or whatever. They allow guys that are losing games straight up to change the complexion of games by simple button mashing or unrealistic DB coverage.
    Question #6 - Who is the one player/coach that if they change/improve one thing they could be great? I haven't played enough guys to answer this intelligently.

Question #7 - What is your team's biggest strength? Offensive line is my biggest strength.

Question #8 - What is your team's biggest weaknesses? Not enough speed on offense.

Question #9 - Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? To copy some others, a playoff option would be nice.

Question #10 - (a) Who has been your favorite player of C2C so far? (b) Favorite player not on your team? A. Ryan Broyles. B. No answer.

Question #11 - Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? One of those 2 speed receivers that Bama stole last year.

Question #12 - What player do you envy/despise? on the field not coach. I despise everyone.

Question #13 - Plan on being in C2C for NCAA '11? Yepper.

Bonus Question -- Who has the easier path to the BCS title game? From here on out I would say me but going through Dru and getting beat by Brave is no easy path. I'd say Knigh has the easiest schedule this year.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ill say Dru. He absolutely destroyed me the time we played.

Hmmm. I guess Utah/Bogey even though we only played once. I feel like as soon as I got the comeback started he turned the lights out
    Bogey. If he doesnt have to play me next year haha

Michigan and Ohio State :)
    I would have went back in time and recruited a lot harder
    Bond or Papa even though Papa seems to have it together now
    Speed
    Youth
    Too long to post! I would love to be able to watch other's games. I want upgradable/expandable stadiums too.
    Question #10 - (a) Who has been your favorite player of C2C so far? (b) Favorite player not on your team? Masoli Boom Herron

If I would have paid close enough attention to know who I missed I wouldnt have any recruiting issues lol

No hate. Its all love baby
    yea
    I guess OU at this point

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

"I think it comes from the SEC this season. I strongly believe that Brave will beat FSU and I will get Dru in a close match up. The winner of that game will play Juggernaut and I think the 4-2-5 can't stop either one of us."

Really Papa? I think I beat you the 1 time we played in OFFL East and ask Brave what the 4-2-5 did to him recently in our game in OFFL East. It held him to 150 total yards of O (he won somehow) and I am licking my chops at the thought of getting either one of you in the title game.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Too bad Oregon is going to sneak in at the last second and steal the open spot ;)

18. BDSDIGITAL

Being that Alabama got the shit kicked out of them they really shouldn't be campaigning for anything. Lose by fiddy, and you should probably just stay on the down low...I would if someone punked me like that.

19. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I've only played 3 teams. Off those 3 I'll say Max, He's beaten me twice and both were convincing wins. But since I've never beaten Noles in SE I have to put him on the list.

Max, I have to beat him to win the Pac-10 and have yet to do so.

I haven't played him but Boogey looks like the guy.

Nobody! I am 1/5 in user games....

No complaints.

I've only played 3 coaches, but if Twister gets a passing game going that is as good as his run game look out.
    The D-Line.
    My ability (or lack there of) to make user plays other than tackles.
    I liked when the game had the recruiting violations and it told you a recruits potential.

I really like my young WR Stephens on my team. Oklahoma's WR last year was sick, I can't recall hi name though.

It's only my 2nd year so I don't think I've screwed up too much yet.

Since I just lost a few hours ago it's Oregon's TE, dude is a stud, if not manually or double covered.

Like MC Eight used to say "Jeeeeya"
    UF is ranked #1, it's theirs to lose

20. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

- Tough to pick against the two time champ, I have only played 4 different users so aske me again in a few years.

- I could go with Dru again here, but Beasus passing game just destroyed me. It should be interesting to see how he does next season I think he has like 5 SR WR's over 92, nest season is the one to play Miami if you ask me.

- Oklahoma? I dont think its going to happen this season but he has done a great job putting himself into a position to get a shot, all you can ask.

- My style of play matches up with what Notre Dame wants to do pretty well, I would say them. Or you could pick any team in the MWC.

- More user games, Have the top teams from the year before play in the regular season the following season.

- Great is a strong word, but I would say Twister's running game is on the verge of being great. If you spent some of that energy on Defense he could have something there.

- Running the ball, ability ot hit the big play.

- The state of Utah, recruiting sucks, I will never get the elite recruit which sucks knowing when you go into every season.

- All good ideas posted before me, watching a game would be great. I would like to see the recruiting get a face lift, its getting old.

- Shakerin, - I was very envious of the WR's Texas was sporting in the NC game, could not cover them.

- Havent been in the Dynasty long enough to tell yet.

Miami's WR Core, nuff said.

Yep!

Oklahoma, But I love controlling my own destiny, so I would also say FSU/Florida.

21. KnightNoles

This will be addressed this coming offseason...