QB Controversy in Chapel Hill

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by fuzzyl0gic, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Which QB would you roll with?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2013.
  1. Dan Watson

9.1%
  2. Kanler Coker

9.1%
  3. Mitch Trubisky

81.8%
  1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The Tar Heels have their biggest game of the season coming up next week against the powerhouse that is OU, and the QB battle is still wide open:

[​IMG]

Coker has the best arm out of three (barely), but is not very mobile. This would eliminate any sort of zone read or scrambling threat from the PB.

[​IMG]

Watson is a true freshman, and the most raw out of the bunch as far as his arm and mechanics go. He is also the most athletic, and could be a real asset in the run game.

[​IMG]

Trubisky has been flying under the radar, and he is almost a mesh between Watson and Coker. He is not as fast as Watson, but does have a quick first step. He will also be a lot tougher to bring down, and sports a nice arm.

Decisions, decisions.​

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i voted coker. but tribusky is a close #2. whoever will help you throw less interceptions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fuzzyl0gic

Baron is it kosher to run with a two-QB system?

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Trubisky ftw

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

True Freshman!!!!!

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

It is, but do not switch back and forth from play-to-play. Keep it realistic on like a per-series basis, or say switching out the pocket-passer for the runner if you're in a short yardage situation and want to run a RO, QB power, etc. etc.

Also, get a mic so you can communicate with your opponent if there's any issues with how you're handling your QB situation.

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I voted Trubisky b/c:
    • He's an Ohio boy
    • I've seen him play and he's a bad boy
    • He torched my HS in last year's state playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. fuzzyl0gic

Sweet!

9. fuzzyl0gic

Chapel Hill, NC (9/5/2013) - Trubisky was named the starter for week one as the coaching staff decided to redshirt Watson and let his skills mature. Trubisky had a very rough time in his first collegiate game of his career, facing a top tier defense and throwing five picks. He looked really good early on, but got over confident and tried to force some throws. The defense made him pay. Despite that, the coaches liked what they saw. He has a lot of potential. The playbook and passing attempts will be toned down next week so he can gain some confidence back.

• Like Like x 2