QB Controversy in Philadelphia?

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Entering week 9, QB Ryan Tannehill had a 132.9 passer rating. He had only 2 interceptions and 15 TD's on the year. Since then, his QBR has dropped by over 15 points to a 116 and he has only 2 TD's and 6 interceptions. Aside from that; one of his leading targets, Desean Jackson, has gone down for the next couple weeks with a torn shoulder. Jackson also leads the league in kick returns and kick return yards. So it will no doubt be a big blow to the Philadelphia Eagles as a whole. In the offseason the Eagles signed QB Christian Ponder as a viable backup to Tannehill. If Tannehill has another down game it will be interesting to see if we start to hear whispers of a QB change in Philly. Tannehill is still in the top 5 league wide in the QBR stat, so I think we are far from a QB switch in the City of Brotherly Love. But, if he doesn't tighten up, there's no doubt that Ponder will be licking his chops for a shot to take over.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good to see Tannehill is working out for you. he'll come around.

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

He's done me good to this point. My best trade by far. Still plenty of season left, so hopefully we can turn these two previous performances around.

• Like Like x 1