QB Formation sub question?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Would I be allowed to formation sub my backup QB into maybe a few shotgun formations or a few i-form formations? I feel like i want to get this guy involved a bit more would this be frowned upon?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think juggs asked this question one time and can't remember what the response was.

To me... The camera is far enough away that it is just difficult to tell who you have in there. I think I made the point to Juggs that if they are obviously different (like one is white and one is black) to where I will NOTICE the difference and have a chance to call my defense accordingly. Even without that, if you give heads up that you will be doing this so that we have a chance to look at his number... which I never do but would try...

It's one of those things that you wouldn't mean to be "cheesing" somebody with but that would be difficult for us to know is coming.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah thats what I thought.....gray area.

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well doesn't the game show you the numbers the players on the field when the other team chooses their play, when it shows the personnel?

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Um I didn't think so. If that is the case I would be totally o.k. with this just make sure to know what numbers they are and pay attention... I think I could do that.

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:

[​IMG]

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

it shows personell not the numbers of QB. I think helli was stating that he knew before hand he could notice if #8 was in or #14 comes in..

I have heard the announcer tell you if a new qb is in...

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah the announcer does say it but it does get confusing.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Am I missing something? It shows the number of the QB. For example on this play Cal's QB is #11. If it was a different QB it would show that guy's number.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats how much time the defense has to select a play.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

sorry it does i saw 11 and saw the big number lol..your right never noticed that..

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow nice call HR.... I never noticed that... HAH!

Definitely a nice tool for the defense to have, I can't believe I never saw that before. Knowing that, I think you should just have to mention that you are using a 2-QB system so the other person knows and you're good.

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I have absolutely no problem with it. The announcer in each and every stadium screams "Number ** is in at Quarterback" every single time a QB sub is made. Know the personnel and pay attention.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

nice job on the screen grab...something like the two qb system would be good to post in the scouting report area

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am fine with using whatever personel you have. If you want to use two QBs I think thats fine.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I thought y'all knew about this?

Only reason i know is because a few times when I hurt their QB the numbers change...or when the RB from their team getstired, the backup comes in (and I see because it's a different number).

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the announcer saying it doesn't mean squat, you've already chosen your base formation and play on defense. The screen shot on the other hand shows that with advance notice of a team running the 2QB system you can effectively ID which QB is in the game BEFORE you have to call a play... so i have no problem with it's use under those circumstances.