QB Modifier question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 3, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

why are 3rd and 4th string qb's getting a 3 modifier? that, imo, is way too high. I am paying almost a million to both of my back up 3rd/4th string qb's. whats the thinking on this?

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

It looks like Canfield started the season as your #2 QB, so he would keep the 3 modifier for the rest of his contract. I'm not sure why Painter has the 3 modifier unless that's how he was bid on. Culpepper was signed as a #2 QB so he keeps the 3 modifier.

But you're right, normally #3 and #4 QB's get a 1 modifier

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Only the #2 QB (based on overall) gets the 3 modifier. With modifiers shifting this season (my fault for that, by the way), if you cut/signed guys, guys moved up automatically.

This offseason will fix that and should be back on track for normal pay for quarterbacks and everyone, in fact.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What we can do (and this is not a suggestion I make lightly, I don't care for it) is put back modifiers at starting levels.

What I mean is that every team this offseason will be reset to, say, a 5/3/1 QB situation. Every team is reset to a 3/2/1 setup for DT/MLB.

In other words, any teams who have multiple modifiers for starters (like I do right now with my Lions at CB/DT) get reset to one starter, one (or two, depending on position) backup(s), and rest are special teamers.

Also, if we do this, I propose we reset the position changes from this year. It's not fair to guys like Dunlap who planned on playing under one set of rules, then they are changed. Yes, I defended Dunlap. Call a press conference. :)

Basically, this offseason is a soft "reset" of modifiers to normal setup. Would not change base salary, bonuses, just modifiers. Any new free agents signed/progressions/regressions would get frozen in, though. So a starter right now would stay a starter. Just multiple starters/backups would get reset.

Does this make sense? If not I can try to explain on AIM when I get on later today.