QB Rankings - 2013

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by bravejaf, Sep 13, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Note - I forgot to get stats before my game against South Carolina, so Russell and Shaw have an extra game played in this year's stats

Here are my observations on this season at QB

* Connor Shaw had an astounding season and he blew away all competitors. He completed 70% of his pass attempts and had more than a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. He also crushed the competition in rushing touchdowns.

* Phillip Sims cut down his fumbles from last season and moves up to second place in the rankings. He had the third fewest interceptions in the dynasty.

* Jemeil Showers was the top QB last season but he struggled this season. His interceptions, sacks and fumbles increased, while his touchdowns decreased.

* Chase Rettig wins the Brett Favre gunslinger award. He had the most yards and TD passes, but also lead in interceptions, fumbles and tied for lead in sacks.

* Maty Mauk clearly benefited from a certain receiver catching deep passes because his yards per completion tops every QB in the dynasty. The 8 fumbles were third in the league

* Tyler Bray is first QB in T1 to get a minus score, but stats don't lie. Bray had 38 interceptions and 9 fumbles on the season. He also tied for the league lead in sacks.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

awesome brave! I love it!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I smell a WR rankings coming soon....[​IMG]

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Sweet! Connor Shaw is the truth!! (y)

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL... there aren't enough stats to mess with receivers. I am thinking of doing something for Offensive and Defensive MVP.

Speaking of, MaxATX34 what happened to Freshman of the Year award?

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I know one team that could not stop him, aside from the two picks early in the game

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, a lot of my picks are lack of timing, I was going for under 8 picks this season but had a couple bad games at the end of the season. Ah well, still a strong season passing. I'm proud of my 70% completion percentage because it wasn't easy passes all the time. Just had a good rhythm all season.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

school has been killing my time. I have so much reading to do it is crazy. almost not enough time during the week to read/write everything I have to. Even when I am on the site during the day I am constantly reading/writing. Just havent had the time.

I might be able to do something on Monday or Tuesday, but you or any one else should feel free to whip something up in the meantime if they feel like it.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    47 sacks lmao...sheesh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The League Average award goes to Chase Rettig and Mogriffjr

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This is always one of my favorite posts of the year, interesting to see how they all compare. Surprising that I threw the 3rd most passes in the league this year, that was mostly out of necessity as we really struggled to run the ball for much of the season, especially against good teams and in big games. Hopefully that can change going forward although I don't mind passing it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mboda

mboda Walk On

Atleast im not last place like last year :)

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

This doesnt show the whole picture for NC State. Brosius was hurt midway through the season Pete Thomas took over and had a 1:2 TD:INT ratio. I have a feeling that if combined we may have been at the bottom. The oline and qb play must improve if we ever hope to challenge in the ACC

• Like Like x 1