QB Rankings - 2015

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by bravejaf, Nov 2, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This includes the conference championship games. If I get some time I will go back and take those out of the numbers. I added a little extra data to the right side of the formula, I was curious to see how bad my offensive line was at pass blocking. Based on this very basic equation my team is surprisingly not the worst in the country.

I will post more information later tonight or some time tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 3
  2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Lol my qbs will never be good in this thing but im not last....shocking

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I felt that Patrick Williams acquitted himself quite well for a true freshman. He left a LOT of touchdowns out there on the field, the kind where the cpu leaves one of your guys wide open and you need a good throw to the back of the end zone, and instead it ends up in the stands? yeah he did that a few times. BUT, we love how he is nice and tall back there in the pocket, very rarely does anything get batted down and he made a lot of great throws while getting hit. We think in the future he will someday end up near the top of this list. I'm starting to think that SC has some advanced presnap reads that I don't have and probably don't WANT to have for the sake of keeping this fun for me, so we'll never catch him or likely the beast aka boda... But hey top 3 someday, that's what we're working toward with Patrick Williams.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Factually incorrect good sir. you were 2nd in these rankings in season 1, and 5th in season 2.

bravejaf are the yellow columns the ones that contribute to your final grade? Do you actually compare and/or give negative points for incompletions, and if so, why wouldn't it be some kind of grade based on completion percentage?

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yellow columns are formulas, green are final numbers, white are the base stats from the game. The dropback stats didn't factor into the QB Vaule, I was just curious about that particular information.

As for incomplete passes, it is calculated as:

(Completed Passes - Incomplete Passes) x the Yard Per Completition.... thinking I should change that to yards per attempt

So if QB throws 20 completed passes, 10 incomplete passes and averages 15 yards per completion it would be worth 150 points... (20-10) x 15

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Maty Mauk repping MIZZOU

• Like Like x 1
  7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Those were default players. My qbs won't have the arm talent washington had season one.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You'll eventually get one.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Manziel having the same problem Phillip Sims had early on, too many sacks and fumbles hurting his numbers.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Trust Hellisan, knowing some pre snap things help but having a good QB with accuracy helps as well. I've had a chance to have both in this game and it's night and day as to what u can do with a 83 rated accurate passer as to even a 91 rated...imagine anything higher. That helps with the gaudy numbers as far as accuracy goes. Me and u both Helli are doing something right because we both have the lowest percentage of drop backs to sacks which tells me we make quick decisions (and not necessarily the good ones but we get rid of the ball)

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

or you dont have an OL full of run-blockers haha

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think my OL struggles against the pass because they are a bunch of run-blockers for the most part. Good opposing DL just blow past them on pass plays.

I like being so successful on the ground, but i am going to make an effort to recruit a bunch of "Balanced" type OL going forward.