QB Rankings - 2016

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by bravejaf, Nov 30, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Young Guns (FR, RS-FR and SO)
    - Darius Lucas - Lucas attempted the most passes and completed the second most passes. His QB/INT ratio leaves much to be desired and he was below league average in yards per completion. His sack ratio was lowest among all players in the chart.

- John Daniels - Daniels is a different style of QB than the Gamecocks previous QB Tanner McEvoy. Daniels couldn't repeat the performance but he did lead quarterbacks with 12 touchdowns and had a QB/INT ratio greater than 2.

Draft Eligible (RS-SO, JR, RS-JR)
    - J.J. Pruitt - Put up some great numbers but struggled in some of the biggest games. The Arkansas game was brutal and may have cost him the Heisman. Still has 50 combined touchdowns and the lowest QB sack ratio. He also had highest yards per completed pass.

- Fabian Hester - Wasn't asked to do much in the run heavy offense. Hester had the second highest yards per completion among eligible quarterbacks. He also finished third in QB sack ratio.

- Quentin Cook - GT quarterbacks don't fare well in these rankings due to low pass volumes. Cook still managed to finish in the middle of the pack due to his high completion percentage and solid 21 touchdowns with just 8 turnovers.

- Dane Fields - It is amazing Fields survived the season after 65 QB sacks. He also fumbled 14 times and was picked off 16 times. On the plus side he finished with a league high 4,318 yards and was second with 38 passing touchdowns.

- Kelvin Sherman - Sherman's 9 fumbles was the second most among QB's. His other numbers are solid with a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and he was right around league average for yards per completion.

- Donald Jackson - Jackson had the worst passing numbers in the group, but he didn't get many tries. Heisman front runner Cole Grant carried this team. Jackson's 7/10 TD/INT ratio is worst among the ranked QB's. He was also sacked on almost 15% of his dropbacks.
    - Joe Scott - Scott has been fairly consistent in rankings since his freshman season. His yards per completion are down a bit this year and he hasn't matched his 9 rushing touchdowns from his first year. QB sacks were second most in the league.

- Sean Henry - Henry had the second best QB/INT ratio among eligible QB's with nearly 3:1. He also was near the top in yards per completion. His biggest faults were 6 fumbles and a very high sack ratio. He was sacked more times per dropback than any QB.

- Patrick Williams - Williams edged out Henry for best QB/INT ratio at 35:8. His good decisions limited turnovers but may have led to a league low yards per completion. I'm sure most coaches would gladly trade a couple yards for less turnovers. Williams was 1 of 4 quarterbacks with a sack/dropback percentage under 10%.

Graduates (SR, RS-SR)
    - Maty Mauk - Mauk surprisingly increased his yards per completion this season despite losing all-world receiver DGB. His other numbers were down this season, and his ranking was dragged down by QB sacks (41) and fumbles (7). James Collins will step in next season for Missouri.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Glad to be top 3.. And glad we don't include rushing yards in the analysis. :p Impressive season by Pruitt, will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hoping he doesn't even consider the draft ;)

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Please do this for T3! Awesome stuff

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    once i implement more speed into our WR corps, i'll be much better with these, especially with an improving qb.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Pretty good season for Henry, but he might be held back some by this read option playbook.

I dont know why I take so many sacks. Need to throw it away more I guess.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

was noticing my QB's numbers were below all the "averages" despite being ranked 3rd so I looked at the spreadsheet and it's all rows 1:7 instead of through the entire list

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Will fix that when I get home from work this afternoon

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fucking Maty Mauk was a fucking disappointment this season. He was obsessed with the deep ball despite not having DGB. Forcing too many passes and when he went for the short route he held the ball too long.

Bad year for an otherwise good QB for the Tigers.

Love ya bravejaf!
    Fuck you MaxATX34!
    Eat Shit HotRod!

• Like Like x 2
  10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Next season could produce some big offensive numbers if 11 of 12 user starting quarterbacks return. The majority of this group will be seniors next season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Donald Jackson, as a Sophmore, has like a 92thp/93tha, just a cannon. But is also like a 55 spd (I shit you not), and our O-line couldn't block for him. Like Brave said, he would get sacked on way too many pass attempts. So we switched to Strickland, who is like a 90spd QB but like a 85thp/85tha. He was able to get away from the pressure, but anything over a 15 yard pass was a total crapshoot.

Hoping the O-line improves and we can play Jackson again next year. Love big arm pocket passers.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have more threats around my guy plus an incoming croot which can threaten the time for Lucas...we will see...

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Maty Mauk - 18/30 235 yards 1 TD, 1 INT

Average game for an average year....but we got a BOWL WIN!!!!!!!!!!

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just checked and Mauk is only QB on this list that will not get a chance to top his numbers. Of course some people may have to compete for their starting role, like Lucas on BC.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  15. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

This is a great feature...good stuff man.