QB Rankings - 2017

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by bravejaf, Dec 27, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Note: This includes conference championship games. I was not able to get the stats before we advanced to bowl week

I will add some thoughts after I finish my bowl game.

• Like Like x 3
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Was does pass inc stand for?

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Man I sucked at QB this year! My worst QB season on this version of NCAA

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Incomplete Passes

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Lol. My bad. I thought it was good that I had a higher number.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

RS-JR Patrick Williams - 4017, 2992, 1714

Williams got better each year and he was a superstar in his senior season. He tied for first with 51 touchdowns, and he was a close second in yards and completed passes. Williams still has one year of eligibility remaining so he might be back next year.

JR Darius Lucas - 3664, 1959, 1755

Lucas matched Williams in most of the passing stats but had a couple more mistakes. Lucas finished with 3 more interceptions and 5 more fumbles than Williams. He also sacked more and at a higher percentage than Williams.

JR John Daniels - 2256, 2994

Daniels nearly doubled his interception total this season (12 to 23) so his overall number dropped. His completed passes and yards per completion increased from last season. His sack/dropback ratio was the second lowest in this group.

RS-SR J.J. Pruitt - 2206, 3271, 1952

Pruitt's numbers were also down this year, most notable in touchdowns. He dropped from 50 total touchdowns in 2016 to 32 in total touchdowns in 2017. He also finished with less yards and yards per completed pass in 2017.

SR Sean Henry - 2041, 2144

Henry posted very similar numbers the past two seasons. His yards and touchdowns are up a bit this year but he also threw 9 more picks in 2017.

RS-JR Clarence Strickland - 1998

Strickland is a first year starter for NCSU, taking over for Donald Jackson. Stickland was given more opportunities than Jackson was last season, and he posted some solid numbers. He had a greater than 2:1 TD/INT ratio (29:12).

RS-JR Fabian Hester - 1915, 1408

Hester had more opportunities to pass this season so he posted a slightly higher final number. His completions, yards and TD passes all increased in 2017. He did throw a few more picks and a took a few additional sacks.

RS-SR Joe Scott - 1885, 1294, 1496, 1497

Scott is the only four-year starter in this group. He has posted very similar numbers over all 4 seasons. In 2017 he posted a career high 15 rushing touchdowns and finished his career with 38 rushing scores.

SR Quentin Cook - 1473, 1547, 615

Cook posted similar numbers in 2016 and 2017. His passing TD went up in 2017, but he rushed for less touchdowns and lost a few more fumbles.

RS-SO Brandon Gold - 1329

Gold was 1 of 3 Mizzou quarterbacks to attempt at least 75 passes and all 3 quarterbacks threw 10 or more touchdown passes. Gold barely edged Jimmy Collins for attempts and yards but finished with the lowest QB rating of the 3 Tigers' quarterbacks.

RS-SO Matt Covington - 1074

Covington barely topped last year's starter Dane Fields in pass attempts, 177-170. Covington was the more efficient QB with more yards and touchdowns, while throwing less interceptions. Covington also had lowest QB/Dropback rate of any QB in this group.

RS-SR Kelvin Sherman - 636, 1251

Sherman did not play well in his senior season, leading all ranked quarterbacks with 26 interceptions. He also finished last in TD passes among quarterbacks attempting at least 200 passes. RS-JR Nate Stevenson may get a crack at the starting job next year for Miami

• Like Like x 2
  7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Name this thread qb passing rankings...

• Like Like x 1
  8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We have now completed 6 seasons in this dynasty. Who is the best QB you have used in this league?

Mine is clearly J.J. Pruitt since he is a 3-year starter and owns several school records. He is now the Mississippi State all-time leader in career passing touchdowns (98) and career rushing touchdowns (43). I had time so I ran his numbers for his career, including his freshman year when he was a backup. His average year equates to roughly a 2,510 QB ranking using the most recent version of the formula. I calculated 2014 at 0.5 year since he was a reserve the entire year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Williams is the starter since the day his redshirt fr season started. The weapons around him have changed (regressed) but he has done nothing but improve. he constantly gets completions out of bad reads by me.... That's what sets him apart and makes him the best QB I've ever used.

• Like Like x 1