Qb rushing.....

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bringbackjimmy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Feb 10, 2009
    Since we can't talk about it in the thread...

What's the point of having a mobile qb if you can't run with him? I get that you don't want people running with qb's for the he'll of hit but teams with mobile qb's should be able to take off if nothing is open or is pressured out. They shouldn't have to run ob or slide once you gain a few yrds or get the 1st.

I think it handicaps straight users who have a Vick or a young because it takes away from their game. I don't have a real mobile qb so I an not speaking for myself. It should be the opponents responsibility to beware of all weapons on the field...
  2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Aug 31, 2010
    If you read the rules, if your pressured you can run with the QB, and you should go through the QB progression and if no one is open and you are getting pressure you can run.

However, with players like Vick there is the opportunity to just take off and run all the time and you wont be able to keep up with him with a LB or even most Safeties with a spy. You are allowed to run with the QB within a certain amount of carries. They could have 4 carries for 200 yards and 3 TDs who knows but there carries have to be limited for cheese reasons.
  3. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Aug 13, 2010
  4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Aug 11, 2010
    There's a real fine line here with the QB rushing. Keller's post sums up how I feel about it. You should always drop back and make your reads before you every decide to run the ball. As long as you do that and you don't have excessive QB rushing attempts.. you will be fine.
    • Like Like x 1