QB scrambled from 5 yards away from TD

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Vinsanity, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

QB scrambled from 5 yards away from TD

So i scrambled on a pass play up the middle on a pass play and got stopped at at 1 yard line, and forever brought it up that i shouldn't do that, can i do that?

my qb is a scrambling qb anyway i dont do it all the time just that i was close to TD might as well try taking off

rules saids no unrealistic scrambling on pass play but i dont think tats unrealistic

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's better to bring this up with the video of the actual play.

Otherwise it is just he said she said.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

the general rule is

Scramble if u get pressured

or every1 is covered, u usually figure that out about 10 secs after the play starts

i dnt think its okay to take off from the beggining of the play. if u wanted to do that ...u shoulda ran a draw. This all comes down to tricking the AI. IMO

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

well i didn't wait 10 sec like u said there wasn't much pressure either. i saw day light up the middle tats why i took off, i'll try to see if the replay is still up when the game is over.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

[YOUTUBE]ZFcyvP70k5A[/YOUTUBE]

heree you goooooo

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Rule of thumb is if you call a pass play and all guys are covered then you can take off if you want. If you call the play and immediately see an opening and take off that is borderline and we would have to see some film. It is not ok to call a pass play with the intention to run. If anyone one knows best about running with the QB it is Murkya so he should be able to help you out.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think that what you did is kinda lame. There was no pressure on you, and you could've easily hit someone for a TD. You don't NEED to be pressured to run, I'm just trying to point out that you might as well of just passed it to someone.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You don't need to wait "10 seconds". If there is a running lane after you have went through your initial reads then go, but if you aren't making any reads at all and not even looking down field (just looking at the DL and blitzers) then that is lame.

Also, you didn't really take off up the middle. You sprinted to the right and then went off.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

This is how I see it:

1>You took off right away, no hesitation, without looking to see if a receiver was open

2>#82 was open over the middle.

3>Instead of sprinting like you did and just moved a lil to right, you had plenty of time to still throw. #79 picked up the blitzing LB

I have been criticized in a couple of dynasties,1 was TF, thru text messages for that type of play. I think I may have done it 2 or 3 times max in TF. The one dynasty outside of TF I did it in, the commissioner said in the replay he saw there was a receiver open, however the receiver was covered by the other user's defender. The commissioner penalized me some recruiting for it.

After the criticism in TF, I try not to do it like that.

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

alright learn something new everyday, time to refine my play style. i just thought that if there's an open lane i should take it rather than throwing it.

all in all glad that forever won

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i didnt mean u have to wait 10 secs, i meant it usually 7-10 secs to realize everything is covered and u need to sprint. but most of the time by then u r being pressured anyways.