QB Scrambling *ALL READ*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

QB Scrambling *ALL READ*

I am not calling anyone out but I have received complaints on four DIFFERENT guys this season on this topic alone.

Here are some guidelines that should be followed

-You should NEVER run directly to the sideline after hiking the ball
    - You should not be rolling out just to pass as this breaks down the CPU coverage logic.
    - You should only be running out of the pocket If it is DESIGNED or you are receiving heavy pressure, I have seen too many guys roll out of the pocket with zero pressure just to make a pass.
    - Running with the QB should not be your offense, If you are getting pressured Or It is designed It will be allowed but please do not run every other play with no pressure. 1 or 2 times a game is Ok because I know you can be nervous sometimes in a pocket but doing this constantly will result in penalty.

If I receive multiple videos of people doing this in a game more than 1 time action will be taken. You guys all know what is fair and realistic so this shouldn't be a problem. Remember we are trying to simulate real life. Most all passes come from the pocket, even guys like pryor, UNLESS they are avoiding the rush. Nobody ever runs to the sideline with no pressure to make a pass. If everyone reads this I think we will be fine. Thanks guys and keep up the great activity and communication. (y)

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

WHAT ABOUT MICHAEL VICK LMAOOOOO. No 1 or 2 times a game for a qb running? That seems low. Tebow ran tons of times at Florida, so did denard and forcier. Its not uncommon

3. Hova

It's not about how many times you run its about how your doing it. There is no reason to run out of the pocket when you have no pressure. If you want to run with the QB you design run like tebow does or avoid the pressure. Nobody rolls out with no pressure to make a throw. I said 1-2 times of rolling out without pressure because I understand people rolling out on accident because they are having a feeling of false pressure. Reading is fundamental..

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

dadhahahahaha

5. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Enough with the cryptic messages, pretty sure we are all adults so it can be brought to the forefront.

Message from the commish -
    Hey I have received complaints about your play along with these videos:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745987

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745948

You are rolling out with no pressure what so ever. You should only be running out of the pocket if you are being heavily pressured. This is against the rules and I do not want to see this again, thanks

Texas complained about my play during the Championship game to the commish. He recorded 4 videos, 2 of which were sent to me by the commish. I'm not afraid to show them, so I'm not sure why the Texas player didn't express his displeasure here. Each play I sit in the pocket and then roll. Wasn't aware that rolling was not a part of normal football after sitting in the pocket for 4 seconds. Maybe it was the 6 sacks or so that he had, but rolling is only natural. The one play where I didn't sit in the pocket was with 6 seconds left in the half, a common practice to roll and throw it as far as you can if you have every watched, played, or coached football. Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745948

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745998

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745983

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745987

Hope that clears everything up as to who it was.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I tend to roll towards one side if my QB is getting destroyed by a defensive end on one side, like the USC game. My offensive tackle on the QB's blind side didn't feel like blocking anyone in that game.

But yeah I don't scramble, just to scramble. It usually is to escape pressure. When there is pressure I tend to move my QB in the pocket to buy an extra second or two for my receivers to get open.

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

In not one of those were you in the pocket for 4 seconds just an observation by me, and calling someone out for stuff isnt how it works around TF. He didnt want to publicly call you out on perceived cheese play, so he just made sure eveyone knew that it was still not allowed. Idk how adult it is to just publicly say who it was, but he messaged you about it personally that seems more adult than saying your name in a forum just my thought

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Relax with the attitude!:)

While I applaud you being forthcoming about your fault, Hova DID say FOUR people were complained about.

Reading IS fundamental...:)

9. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

A couple thoughts here.

The first being my own gameplay. If anyone, at anytime has seen, or does see anything cheesey about my play, let me or the commish know, because I want to know. I tend to back up with my QB too much (I'm trying to get better about staying in the pocket), but if nobody ever says anything, I won't know when I've crossed the line. The way I see it, we're all family here, and if we are respectful in the way we point out questionable play, nobody should have a problem with it.

Also, it seems I read somewhere in the beginning something like, "If your all about winning, this isn't the place for you." I know that sounds silly from 4-8 Texas Tech, but keep that in mind when playing someone, and you should never have a problem. Part of my struggles come from trying to be realistic. I promise you I could throw to my halfbacks and slot receivers all game on the same couple of routes, and improve my record; but that's not very fun or fair.

Even though I stink pretty bad at this game so far, I have enjoyed it immensely. I have found something here that I didn't think could possibly exist; that being a group fiercely dedicated to realistic play. That being said, I would like to point out two positive moments that told me what kind of people this league is made of. Both, the Texas and Oregon coaches, paused the game I was in with them, and apologized for questionable plays. One was a late pitch, which the guy sat down on, the other was a fake FG the guy did not even convert. Where else are you going to find sportsmanship like that?

The only cheesey thing I've seen around here lately is this post.

10. Hova

Yes I did say FOUR PEOPLE, you are not even close to the first and these things in this video will not be tolerated. One of the other rules in the forum and site wide is to not to publicly display disputes, the dispute was handled by me and we are moving forward. This is not aimed at you and you only this is for EVERYONE to read. If anyone has a problem with these rules they are welcome to exit stage left. Thanks everyone. On to the finish of the season!

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I am with Harris here. If I do anything remotely CLOSE to cheesing, or questionable play, PLEASE TELL ME!

I love this league and site. For a long time, I thought OperationSports was a good site to find cheese-less ODs, I was wrong. I stumbled onto this site, and it is one of the best decisions I have made in gaming. Where else, can I still be 100% involved with a game that came out in July on '09?

Again, please tell me online when and if I do something stupid or cheesy. Well, maybe not stupid, I do plenty of that.

12. Hova

Yes again guys that is the best way to solve it. Message your opponent in game and come to the decision. I know that's what everyone would prefer.

13. Hova

And t0 clarify the rule, running with the QB is fine. The problem is when you roll out to avoid no pressure then throw a bomb. In real life this happen yes, the problem occurs in the game when you roll out with no pressure and wait until someone comes open. The DBs in the game are to retarded to stay on their man and it leaves glaring holes in the AI. This is why rolling out to the sideline and throwing is considered cheese in every league in TF.

14. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

If you message someone in game and they do not change their ways what should you do?

15. Hova

They will be reasonable, this is a league with adults. If someone tries to pull anything they will be dealt with and they know it

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

And thats the sound of the gavel coming down....on to bowl week.