QB Sneak...

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by DigginGraves, Mar 10, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

QB Sneak...

What are the rules behind this play? I recently played a user game where the person used QB Sneak atleast 5 times during the game. I know its banned in some leagues and I kind of think we should ban it too. You just can not get to the QB, gauranteed yard or two on every play it seems like. Third and short suddenly becomes a gimmie with the QB Sneak.

Thoughts?

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I use the QB sneak, and I would have no problem getting rid of it. I only use it on a yard or less.

Either that or only allow it on 3rd or 4th and inches.

The problem is that in real life with 3rd and inches, a QB sneak is usually unstoppable.

Either way I have no problem getting rid of it in this league.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I only use it 3rd or 4th and 1 or less......usually on the goal line. Hate to totally take it out but it wouldn't be bad either........make em earn that yard!

wait...this isnt my league!

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Its a tough call, because I think I have been stopped twice in all the times I have tried it.

I think limiting it to 3rd or 4th and inches would be a decent compromise. I have played people that have run it on 3rd and 2 and I think that is a bit much.

5. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

It's banned in the OFFL leagues - really makes that 3rd/4th and short a more realistically tense situation.

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I don't use it(If I did I don't remember). I rather give it to the FB to get that inch. I say throw it out.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

like the others, i use it when its inches to go, but if its banned, wouldn't mind so much to make it more realistic to get a stop on defense

8. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

100% agree

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I havent used it yet this year and dont plan on it.... 3rd or 4th and inches is a beautiful time to throw the ball..... its usually man to man or some type of terrible zone because the defense is loaded up to stop the run....

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I used it before but I've come to the realization that it's hella cheap...i don't like using cheap shyt to win so I don't use it...it's so easy on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 at the goalline to use that...

especially when now, it's not as easy as to run up the gut on 4th down with a HB dive or FB dive...the dline can get pressure up the gut so I'd be in agreement to ban it.

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

not sure about the outright ban... but we can vote on it....