QSF: Grading the Best and Worst QB's

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Kevin Gomez, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Kevin Gomez

Kevin Gomez Walk On

[​IMG]
    QUARTERBACK STATS

Top 10 in Total Yards: Correlating Touchdowns and Avg. Yards per Completion
    upload_2014-10-4_22-4-3.png

What it says
    : Two teams from the AFC East, (Jets and Patriots), have the Top 2 Quarterbacks in total
    amount of yards thrown through week 11. The list is full of names you would expect to see on there including: Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Matt Ryan. However; there a few surprises on the list: Blake Bortles, Sam Bradford, and Geno Smith weren't guys going into the season you would think would be putting up these high numbers. 2 Big No-Shows on this List: Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. Two guys who are known for racking up passing yards haven't done so thus far into the season.

What it means: Having the most passing yards doesn't necessarily correlate to wins. The Jets (3-7), Patriots (6-4), and Falcons (2-8) have been sub-par even with strong numbers from their quarterbacks. Touchdowns: Highly noticeable is the lack of touchdowns per yards put up by Sam Bradford (6), Big Ben (5), and Blake Bortles (4). The amount of yards thrown and the ever so few touchdowns is alarming to statisticians alike. MVP: Aaron Rodgers: With the most touchdowns (17), yards (1,913), and an avg yards per completion (9.4), Rodgers has shown he's not been willing to dink and dunk all game and has led the Packers to a 7-3 record and atop the NFC North.

Top 10 QBR: Completions/Attempts/Completion %
    upload_2014-10-4_22-13-52.png

What it says: Drew Brees and Colin Kaepernick have been extremely efficient, with the two top QBR's and completion percentages over 65%, they've been clicking with their receiving core. Is that Zach Mettenberger and E.J. Manuel I see on this list? Yes, its not a typo. Surprisingly the two young quarterbacks have been smooth, including Mettenberger with a 67% completion percentage.

What it means: QBR is extremely important! Here are the records for the teams with the highest QBR: Saints: 7-2, 49ers: 9-1, New York Giants: 9-1, Packers: 7-3. If you're quarterback doesn't have one of the top QBR's then your team may be in big trouble.

Top 10 Interceptions: QBR
    upload_2014-10-4_22-11-47.png

What it says: Interceptions, Interceptions, Interceptions galore. Manziel (35), Newton (27), Rivers (22), Quarterbacks have been tossing it up more than ever, including 13 of those alone to Patrick Willis. There is a direct correlation between Interceptions and QBR (Obviously). If you throw alot of picks then your rating is gonna be in the trash.

What it means: Picks = Losses. Johnny Football's Browns are 3-7, Cam's Panthers are 5-6, Bradford's Rams are 2-8. Picks = Wins? In a strange anomaly, picks haven't always meant losses. Phillip Rivers's 22 picks haven't stopped the Chargers from being 8-2 and Joe Fluko's Ravens are 6-4.

Interesting Stats: As a league: The top 32 quarterbacks have thrown for: 293 Touchdowns to 517 Interceptions! Of the 6,632 attempts thrown by those quarterbacks there was a total of 51,285 yards.

(These stats were compiled by using the top 32 Qb's in the QSF. Top 32 decided by Total Amount of Passing Yards.)

My #1: Aaron Rodgers :5stars:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think! Who do you think the #1 QB is in the league? MVP? Is your QB missing? Any anomalies?

• Like Like x 12
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nice read Kevin. Well done

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

#1 QB...Hard to say. Kaepernick is really efficient and always poses that threat to run. He's been the best one I've faced personally, so I would lean towards him...Manziel and those 35 INT's are going to be hard to progress, I would think, if he keeps that play up! May Cleveland be looking for a QB this coming offseason?!...MVP, I don't think it's clear yet. Have to wait a few more weeks before we go deciding that I think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

BRAVO! What a great piece.
    Drifterbub

Tweet and front page worthy??

• Like Like x 3
  5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Big Ben is the best in the league! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This is a great analysis and very entertaining read Kevin! Thx for the breakdown. Aaron Rodgers for president!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Promoted and tweeted! Kevin Gomez Do you like our facebook page or have a twitter handle. Would have loved to have given you credit for it in our social channels.

Good stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  8. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

How about that Rodgers! Nice Job Gomie!

• Like Like x 1
  9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Hell of a write up Kevin! Great job!

I would agree that Rodgers gets the nod as the best of the best at this point.

I have no problem accepting that Johnny has been the worst of the worst at this point as well. However, we still have high expectations for a bright future for JFF. As far as his play hurting his progressing...he has quietly improved his OVR rating to an 84 and we anticipate his hard work in practice and game prep will pay dividends in the long run.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

This is awesome! Great job!

Good to see Bortles in a good stat category! He is great between the 20s

• Like Like x 1
  11. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Good to know Ole Joe is a league leader in something even of it is INTs LMAO! Good stuff man!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

you have to be able to score the football... Aaron Rodgers has been getting it done!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  14. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

I've been terrible with rivers. Underthrowing receivers week after week. Chargers OC is gonna have to make adjustments to combat this bad season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

No picks for Rivers in week 12! Woo-hoo!!! (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

• Like Like x 1