*** QSF - STATE OF THE LEAGUE ADDRESS ***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, May 6, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

[​IMG]
    STATE OF THE LEAGUE ADDRESS

OUR FIRST YEAR

First off I want to say that I am very proud of what we have put together here in The QSF. We have had some ups and downs this past year, like any league will, but I definitely feel that our inaugural year was very much a success. That success can be directly attributed to a fantastic core group of owners, some who have been together for years now and others who are more recent additions. I want to thank all of you who have contributed to making The Q the great league that it is, and I have no doubt that the future is bright for Quality Simulation Football!

YEAR ROUND PLAY

Our intention when we started The Q was to run a year round 32 owner league, that played one Madden release right up until the next release dropped. That is a very ambitious plan for a Madden league in general, and the release of the next gen gaming systems this past year made that ideal that much more problematic. With the football season long over, the nicer weather upon us, many having already given up on Madden for this release, all combined with the effect of the next gen factor; and our potential pool of quality replacement owners is practically non-existent.

OWNER ATTRITION

It is inevitable that some owners will drop from the league around this time, due to loss of interest or availability, or even worse will just turn into a ghost owner. We are already down one owner (San Diego) and have two more that have confirmed their departure after the 2019 season is complete (Denver and Tennessee). Without quality applicants to replace departing or negligent owners with, due in large part to the aforementioned factors, we are left at a bit of a crossroads in our desire to play through to the next release. There is the option to move forward with CPU controlled teams for a final season, but I know that in and of itself is a turnoff to some and could cost us even more owners.

QUALITY OWNERS

One thing I will make perfectly clear, we are not interested in just bringing in bodies to fill the roles. If someone doesn't meet our standards for ownership, we do not want them, that has not changed.

NEGLIGENT OWNERS

The most troubling part for me is not those that have or will be departing, it is those that have seemingly checked out. I am talking about the owners that have largely been considered quality owners this release, who have now turned into problem owners or ghost owners; whether it be difficulty in scheduling (which can be attributed to not being very proactive in the majority of instances), game play issues, or lack of content/participation in the forums. Another common theme is all of the simmed or CPU (due to Auto-Pilot) games we see now. We are not a league for part time owners and we never have been, and obviously I am not talking about emergencies, planned absences, or extenuating circumstances; I am talking about lack of interest and effort. If you don't want to play your games, you don't belong here. Simple as that.

ONE MORE SEASON?

Now I personally wanted to see what would happen to my Seahawks with another sim/play pair of seasons, and I know I am not alone in that desire. The problem is league management cannot do it alone, but our time commitment is the same regardless and is not optional. We would be putting a lot of work and effort into another season whether we had 12 owners or 32.

The question I will pose is this; who would be interested in playing a final season, where we would undoubtedly have CPU controlled teams? I am not going to do a poll, because I want legitimate responses and answers. I am not after simple "I'm in" or "I'm out" replies. I am making no guarantees at this time about another season either way, but that will be decided upon very soon. I will say, anyone that commits for a final season will be expected to uphold their commitment for the duration. So please give thought to your decision before you reply. I don't want anyone committing and then quitting a few weeks in (if we continue) because "it's not the same without 32 owners".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MADDEN 15

I figured this will also be a good time to address some of our plans and intentions for the next Madden release here in The Q.

SYSTEM

Of course we have already announced that we will be moving exclusively to the Playstation 4 system for Madden 15. I know many of us have them already and I am very excited for the possibilities on the next gen platform!

OWNERSHIP

We will be just as methodical in appointing owners for M15 as we have always been. For current and former owners in The Q, we will consider their entire body of work as an owner, as well as the circumstances behind their departure (when applicable), but obviously it will come down to who we feel is the best fit for the league as a whole. I would say the strong majority of current owners would be welcomed back, should they be interested, but it is inevitable that some will not be invited/welcomed back. As I said in opening, I think we have a fantastic core group of owners, with a solid mix of guys that have been doing this together for a while and new blood, and we are in a great position for future success!

TEAM SELECTION

We have been discussing some exciting plans for the team selection process. We are formulating a plan that will allow returning veteran owners to potentially be rewarded, allow more owners to get the team they truly covet, and also to show some favor to those owners who had teams that struggled this release, all while still having the excitement of a draft! More details to come!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all I have at this time. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them.

Regardless of what happens, with regards to playing another season or not, lets finish out this season strong and all put in the kind of effort that has made The Q the great league that it is!

Thanks,

Jim aka LtJustice
    QSF Commissioner

Avery (AveryB) - Steelers
    Brad (HogeB33) - Rams
    Carl T. (CTfromDC) - Bengals
    Charlie (KingPatron) – 49ers
    Chris (CSteud) - Packers
    Curtis (thafuture3886) - Colts
    Danny (DJDunn6) - Dolphins

Dave (saintsdave75) - Texans
    Doug (CHUNKNESS) - Jaguars
    Eddie (pittrocks43) - Saints

Glen (Glen Cieske) – Raiders
    James M. (cry_havoc) - Giants
    James Y. (Phenom) - Broncos
    Jeremy (Jeremy) - Buccaneers

Jim (LtJustice) - Seahawks
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman) - Redskins
    Josh (Josh Barnes) - Ravens
    Kenri (DarkKnight89) - Vikings
    Kris (Coach KO) - Eagles
    Lawon (MrWitness36) - Falcons
    Loren (ThaBayouChef) - Titans

Michael O. (Michael Overman) - Sentinels
    Mike A. (Miki1369) - Cardinals
    Mike C. (chance17) - Lions
    Moe (CaptMoe) - Cowboys

Murad (smokeface) - Patriots
    Pope (dablakpope) - Browns
    Reis (Mugga) - Panthers
    Ryan (RVallee) - Bears

T.J. (klaximilian) - Jets
    Troy (redlishus) - Chiefs

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Given the circumstances, i'm gonna have to say I'm Out for next season if there is one. While I still wouldn't mind playing the game up until next release and love playing with my Colts, it's clear to everyone that the interest has died down significantly this season. Couple that with losing 2 more owners at the end of the season and possibly more after this post and I'm gonna have to pass.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Just to add my .02, I thought this inaugural season was great. I'm not sure it could have been any better actually. Of course we lost an owner or two or three along the way, but bringing in as many new guys as we did, I thought we replaced some departed owners with some quality guys. I think heading into M15, everyone should be pumped and excited for the new Madden year. New console, new game, same ole Quality Sim Football!!

Also, the team selection phase you that you guys sound like y'all have been working on sounds niiccee! Thanks again LtJustice, Michael Overman, and CHUNKNESS for putting in all the hard work this release! Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would be willing to play another season, I have thoroughly enjoyed being apart of this league for the little amount of time that I have. I'm disappointed I won't be joining you guys when you move over to the ps4, keep me in mind when I come along for 16 begging for a spot.

I think my only condition on playing another season is that there are more then 20 owners participating. I vehemently hate playing against the CPU in Madden, that's why I looked for a 32 man league to be apart of.

I also would be on AP from June 13th till June 23 (Wedding & Honeymoon) and July 11 - July 13 (Guys weekend)

• Like Like x 5
  5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

congrats on the wedding! (y)

• Like Like x 2
  6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

You been a great late addition to the league Glen! Congrats on the wedding!

Maybe the wife will get you the PS4 as a wedding gift! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

To be completely honest, I'm losing interest in another playing one more season just because of the lack of interest seen elsewhere throughout the Q. Couple that with the fact we're scrapping from the bottom of the barrel and we have upcoming voids to fill left by departing owners, and I'd have to say I'd be out for the last season.

What makes a league like this so exciting to take part in for me is playing with 31 other owners. I've never had an interest in playing the CPU because I think many of us would agree that if that was something we'd want, we'd just play in an offline league. For me, It's a 32-man CFM or probably nothing, unless a 24-team CFM had an intriguing structure. For me, once I've played in a full league, it's hard to go back to anything else...

My time is at a premium these days. Make no mistake, I give my all to this league no matter how busy I may be. But given the recent circumstances and how we might just be powering through another season with a skeleton crew, it wouldn't be fair to the league or myself to continue half-heartedly.

• Like Like x 3
  8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Bummed to hear you won't be back for M15. Congrats on the wedding though!

• Like Like x 2
  9. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I'm definitely in for another season. Imma be here, this is the only video game I play.

• Like Like x 2
  10. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

Im IN for another season. 32 - 12 - 16 owners what ever, it will balance out with CPU teams and one shot to play CPU. Maybe we can recruit more people? Or maybe just advance to playoffs and start there. Might be able to get two or three playoff seasons in!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

I can go another season but if we don't I totally understand

• Like Like x 2
  12. HogeB33

HogeB33 Walk On

I'm the "new" guy so I don't have as strong of ties to this league as some of you have. I've said from the get go I'm truly impressed w/ this league and the attention to detail the league owners take. With that being said I've been in Madden leagues for years now and every time in late spring this happens. Baseball starts, weather changes, vacations get planned and Madden interest drops.

I will be honest I have a REALLY hard time playing the CPU and would be fine ending after this season. I will be missing several upcoming weeks myself for family vacations and it wouldn't be fair to say i'm 100% in and then take weeks off.

I vote to finish this season strong and end w/ everyone on a positive note heading into next release. I kindly ask you keep me in mind for next release as I enjoy playing in this league. (Please note I'm not quitting and if the votes swings to play up to next release count me in....minus the 2 weeks I'm off).

• Like Like x 2
  13. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I'm looking forward to the PS4 release and the Q continuing on that, but I'm willing to play on PS3 until that happens.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Very Well Written Jim...I appreciate all you and CHUNKNESS do to make this league great

I'll be brief for now... I do have some trips planned over the summer, but I don't think it will be a problem getting in games. I still enjoy having a chess match style game to look forward to twice a week. I have no interest in playing the computer...all computer games for me I'd prefer to just simulate the outcome. I'd still be down for human v. human games whenever they were up. If there is such a drop off in interest, it might be best to end short and get things ready for M15 and all the excitement that will come with that new endeavor.

• Like Like x 3
  15. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

I've enjoyed this league very much in my short time here so far. It's very well run and has a strong core from top to bottom.

I would like to continue playing, and will as long as the league goes. I also understand if it's time to shut down and can totally respect that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Difficult to write this but it is what it is....

I've held onto my PS3 system solely to finish the league cycle. Lately life has ramped up, coupled with a couple of bad run ins with owners and the fact that I can only muster maybe 2 lag free games in a season, my interest has faded. Last played season I looked forward to the playoffs, because I wouldn't have to play a game for a couple weeks and be subject to the torture that is EA/Madden 25 on the PS3 with the servers. I'm close to the same breaking point in my PS4 lg too, but I do enjoy the 4 much more than the 3. Anyways, I would not be upset in the least if this was the last season. I have easily clocked at 500-600 hours of madden this release between the 4 leagues I ran in, got my moneys worth I would say. That said, If this is intended to be a leave now of forever hold ur piece as was offered a couple seasons ago, I am going to take you up on this and make this my last one as well, and sell my PS3 while I can. I appreciate the acceptance into the Q this cycle, and even tho im a bottom feeder, it was always fun for the most part. GL with whatever decision you all make. THANKS.

• Like Like x 3
  17. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Im going to piggy back off of Curtis and TJs post. As most of you know(Vets that is) im the guy you typically "scrim" 10x over in the month of August b4 we actually get the season under way. It clearly shows i love the shit out of this game and the league. So by no means would i ever step down or back away, cause to be honest...this is a part of my life and i enjoy every second of it. The battles...the rivalries, the strategy you name it. I truly consider this my #1 hobby(aside from music). But like Curtis and TJ said, its gotten to that point of the year where....we're losing owners, activity, the sun, baseball and the new release. For me i just started a new job and have been grinding hard to get my finances straight. For me to play another season wouldnt be fair to the league or myself. As im one of the biggest competitors there is. Id personally like to take a couple of months off the reset so im all fresh out of the gates for M15. You can guarantee ill be here for M15.

• Like Like x 5
  18. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Im going to piggy back off of Curtis, TJ and James. I do enjoy playing but this time of year is always tough. Nice days are upon us and my weekends I will be at the cottage and golf league on Wednesday nights will make my availability troublesome. Jim, Michael and Doug you ran a fine ship this year. We may have had some disagreements along the way but in the end you were only doing what was in the best interest. I hope I can be considered for M15.

• Like Like x 4
  19. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I'm going to hang out here for a while if you guys don't mind:shy::shy:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

My activity on the forum has been down as of late, outside of scheduling games, but that has more to do with things outside of the league than lack of interest or anything of that nature. As far as continuing with more seasons is concerned, I'm cool with riding this thing out till next release. I will still be playing it up until then anyways, so might as well continue to have some quality games throughout. As for next year goes, if asked back, I will certainly accept the invitation.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

As much as I like losing with my Redskins...........I wouldnt mind playing another season..... BUT against humans. We all know what happens during this time of year.. coupled with the fact that these next gen consoles are out. I think everyone will be more excited about year round play when it's on the ps4. I enjoy playing the game.. enjoyed this years madden for what its worth. "The Q" got off to a great start... we loss a few dudes but brought in some much needed new blood. I'm excited for the NFG's (New Fuckin' Guys)... you all came in and helped us go next level... but if we are on the decline as far as team ownership is concerned, and TOO many teams are in fact cpu controlled, then I will have to gracefully step down and hope that I am invited back to join when Madden15 on the ps4 drops.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Jon ur alive lol

• Like Like x 3
  23. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Sounding like it's the end of the road somebody get Boyz 2 Men to perform that classic after week 17

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

This is my shit....

• Like Like x 8
  25. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Lmao