Quack Attack : Oregon Ducks Football

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bucs, May 10, 2012.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]
    Oregon Ducks 2012
    Overall Record: 5-3
    vs Top 25: 1-2​
    Winning Season: 0
    Longest Win Streak: 2​
    Bowl Record: 0-0
    Conference Championships: 0​
    National Championships: 0
    Playbook : Alabama -One Back / 3-4​

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Bucs

Results:

[​IMG]

Year 2017
    Date Team Score
    8/26 BYU W 31-13
    9/9 at Penn State L 44-45
    9/16 LSU W 34-18
    9/23 at #13 Washington W 31-13
    9/30 Arizona State W 38-7
    10/7 #9 UCLA L 45-24
    10/14 at #18 Stanford L 34-35
    10/21 Washington State W 33-31
    11/4 #7 California TBD
    11/11 at Arizona TBD
    11/18 at Utah TBD
    11/25 #16 Oregon State TBD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bucs

Oregon Ducks Recruiting

[​IMG]

Scholarships Available: 13
    Name Position Caliber Hometown HT\WT Notes
    Jimmy Collins #29 Tackle :3stars: Elk Plain,Washington 6'2/271 Balanced tackle who can accelerate to cut off speed rushers.
    Ryan Perry #16 Tight End :3stars: Santa Cruz,California 6'3/242 Solid blocker with ok hands,will provide a big target
    Joe Robinson #7 Free Safety :3stars: South Gate,California 6'1\206 More of a coverage safety, fills a position of need
    George Moss #9 Strong Safety :3stars: Calgary,Canada 6'1\200 Great speed and a very good tackler, can also cover.
    Justin Johnson #21 Halfback :4stars: Lynwood,California 5'11\178 Speedy scat back type player above average vision and elusiveness.
    Tony Gonzales #56 Outside Linebacker :3stars: Orofino,Idaho 5'11\230 A runstuffing OLB he can tackle well and has a great motor.
    Scott Wheldon #32 Guard :3stars: Waianae,Hawaii 6'3\274 A great run-blocking guard. Should be a solid lineman

4. Bucs

Oregon Ducks Award Winners and Hall of Fame
    [​IMG]

Player of The Week Winners

Season Award Winners

School Record Breakers

Bowl Winners and MVPs

Oregon Hall of Fame Inductees

5. Bucs

2017 Week 1

BYU 13
    #19 Oregon 31

Things started off a bit sluggish for the ducks as they failed to find the endzone in the 1st quarter, both teams would kick it through the uprights once but BYU definately had the momentum headed into the second. In the second quarter Oregon had two very nice offensive drives to start and finish the quarter , the latter was capped off by a beautiful 38 yard strike that hit the wideout in stride in the back of the endzone to take the 17-14 halftime lead. In the 2nd half the defense really came to life and finally was able to stop the BYU offense. They forced a few turnovers and did a good job of getting the ball back to the offense. Oregon would score on two more redzone passes to secure the victory.

Player of the game was:

QB M. Drew with 17-28 209 Yards 4 TDs 49 rushing yards.

The Ducks have next week off then they have two big tests coming in a trip to see #1 Penn State and then hosting LSU back at Autzen. They will have to get things together fast.

6. Bucs

2017 Week 3

#16 Oregon 44
    Penn State 45

Man, this was a great game. Proud of my team for sticking in there but Penn State just flat out made plays when I couldnt. The Lions really controlled this one the entire way with us playing catch up but we did our best to stick in there and we showed that we are a very dangerous team. In the first quarter it was all PSU as they really tossed us around on both sides of the ball, we may have bit off more than we could chew when we scheduled this one. After being down 14-0 we finally got on the board with a FG. Then would trade 2 more scores with PSU before halftime. 3 touchdowns were scored in the final 1:21 of the first half. Two big passing plays from Oregon of 72 and 44 and a 14 yard pass from PSU.

In the 3rd quarter we played it even both scoring once but the defense did intercept a few Penn State passes including one in the endzone to keep us in the game.

The 4th quarter was crazy. PSU opened it up with a 60 yard run after the catch for a TD, but we responded within a minute with an 84 yard strike. Both defenses stiffened up for a bit , and with about 5 minutes left we orchestrated a 13 play drive that ended in a touchdown pass on 4th down in the back of the endzone. Penn state wasnt phased though and one play later completed a 73 yard TD pass of their own to take back the lead. At this point im rattled and throw an INT and think the game is over. Penn State is within FG range and can just ice it with a kick, i force the 4th down and the kick is wide left, but there is only 8 seconds left on the game clock. My QB takes the field with 7 seconds left and earns his "fuck it im going deep" card and hurls it to WR Moss for 77 yards and the TD as time expires! Its 44-45.

I take a look at the situation, im on the road, the crowd is going crazy and i dont trust my defense enough to make a stop in overtime if I need it too. I decided to go for the win. We line up in goal line, have HB toss selected with the option to audible into a dive if the middle looks free, PSU has nobody on the outside so we go with the original play, toss it right, my backup HB (started went down) is headed right, lead blocker picks up the first guy, makes a move on the 2nd guy and BOOM! The PSU safety lights him up and crushes the young mans dreams of being a hero. PSU wins, ducks go home empty handed.

Oregon POTG

QB Marques Drew 16-29 418 yards 6 TDs 1 INT

7. Bucs

2017 Week 4

LSU 18
    #22 Oregon 34

We controlled this one from the get go. On the opening kickoff Martinez ran it back 103 yards for the TD , then two plays later we intercepted the ball from LSU and got it back and would score 3 plays later to take a quick 13 nothing lead. LSU would score the following drive but that was all the ywould score in the first half. In the 2nd half we really ran it down their throats and were just eating up tons of clock, they scored once and kicked a FG once but we were never really threatened. A solid win for us at home to build momentum headed into PAC 12 play.

Oregon POTG

HB Blake McCray 19 Carries 135 Yards 2 TDs

8. Bucs

2017 Week 5

#21 Oregon 38
    #13 Washington 27

Oregon grabbed their first win over an actual ranked opponent this week up in rainy Washington. In the 1st quarter the two squads felt each other out and played each other even not allowing each other to get into a rhythm. The quarter would end with things all tied up 0-0. In the 2nd though the Ducks dominated the air with 3 passing TDs from QB Marques Drew to 3 different targets. Washington did recover a fumble for a TD though and the score would be 21-7 at halftime. Oregon would score from another pass in the 3rd as Drew and Harvey hooked up for the 2nd time on the day from 10 yards out to finish out the 3rd 28-7. Washington would make their comeback push in the 4th with 20 points, but 10 points from Oregon sealed the deal. Washington fought hard but the Ducks showed they could beat a good team.

Oregon POTG Marques Drew 15-22 319 Yards 4 TDs

9. Bucs

2017 Week 6

Arizona State 7
    #18 Oregon 38

This one started out as a defensive battle but late in the 1st Oregon finally got on the board on a deep pass and run for a TD. In the 2nd HB Blake McCray would bust the game open with two big scoring runs, one of 77 and one of 65. The defense continued to play well and kept ASU from scoring. In the 3rd the defense continued to show up but ASU did score halfway through the quarter to get back on the board. Oregon responded a minute later though thanks to some more big runs from McCray. In the 4th (which i supersimmed) Oregon completed a 14 yard strike to Moss for the final TD.

Oregon POTG

HB Blake McCray 16 carries 245 yards 3 TDS

10. Bucs

Recruiting Update:

[​IMG]

Oregon finally gets a commit 7 weeks into the season. Tackle Jimmy Collins out of Elk Plains, Washington gave his verbal commitment after the victory over Arizona State. The 6'2 271 pound tackle will be able to come in and hit the weight room and prepare for his turn to start in a few years. "The tradition of Oregon football was a real draw for me, I grew up watching these guys dominate the Pac 10/12 and I want to bring back that tradition. Talking to Coach Bucs he says they want to use me at Tackle but I could be switched to guard, I never really played guard before but i trust them to coach me up. I can't wait to get to campus!"

11. Bucs

2017 Week 7

Just couldnt get things going against this Bruins squad. The first offensive play was a fumble for TD and we knew then we probably werent gonna have a good day. UCLA jumped out to a solid 21-0 first quarter lead and that proved to be the difference as we played them even for the final 3 quarters, but that slow start killed us.

12. Bucs

Recruiting Update:

[​IMG]

Three gets this week for Oregon. TE Ryan Perry, FS Joe Robinson and SS George Moss. Moss is the highest profile of the three guys and looks to be a future starter. He is an excellent tackler and will be a great addition to the run support. Perry could be a solid contributor throughout his career if he plays his cards right, while Robinson will need some coaching and hard work if he ever is to be a starter.

13. Bucs

2017 Week 8

Stanford 35
    Oregon 34

Talk about a let down! At one point Oregon was up 28-0 , but they let their guard down and Stanford took advantage and started to make their run and by the time the Ducks regrouped they couldn't stop the momentum the Cardinal had gathered. Duck fans are heated after this loss and the local talk radio stations want blood!

14. Bucs

2017 Week 9

WSU 31
    Oregon 33

A suspect safety saved The Ducks this day as it prove to be the difference in the game. Both teams played well and were going at each other all day. WSU really caught The Ducks off guard despite the fact that they had just let Stanford come from behind and beat them last week. Both sides made some huge plays throughout the day, but in the end Oregon made just a few more and that was enough for the victory. The infamous play of the day though came with 6:03 left in the 4th. Oregon QB Marques Drew fires a rocket over the middle that is picked off, the WSU DB jumps in the air and falls into the endzone and is called for the Safety, instead of taking points off the board Oregon gets 2 points, then on the next drive kicks a FG to take the 33-24 lead. Just enough to secure the victory.

15. Bucs

Recruiting Update:

[​IMG]

Three solid additions have been added to this years class as Quack Attack is reporting the verbal commitment of three players. :4stars: HB Justin Johnson out of Lynwood, California. The highest rated recruit of the class so far, he is a smaller back at 178 pounds but has nice speed and can elude and use his vision to make plays, big things are planned for him. Adding some size to the defense is :3stars: OLB Tony Gonzales out of Idaho. There are some concerns about the level of competition he has played against but he has a solid 5'11 230 pound frame and has shown the abilty to tackle well and the staff hopes he can add some meanness to the defense. Rounding out this group is :3stars: Guard Scott Wheldon out of Waianae, Hawaii. Hes a very good run blocker and has the speed and acceleration to really lay some people out on pulls, the staff likes him and he fills a need.

• Like Like x 1