Quack Attack

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by slim, Jan 6, 2011.

1. slim

slim Walk On

Pre-game press conference

Q: You start off the season with a big conference game against Colorado. How do you get your guys prepared?
    A: Well first you can't underestimate how important winning the conference is for us. That's our main goal every year and we need to get off on the right foot. We're pretty geeked up right now, we need to just play our game and good things will happen.

Q: What are your main concerns this season?
    A: Definitely depth. We're thin at LB so if a few guys go down it could get ugly. I'm also a little concerned about going back to the spread after running a pro style offense last year with Cal. I think as long as we can get some big plays on the ground we can really open up the deep passing game.

Q: Have you put any thought into what uniform combination you're going to come out in?
    A: HAHA I know Oregon is famous for their unis but my main concern is winning the PAC 12. I'll let you guys worry about our unis.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Good stuff slim! Oregons unis are overrated anyways lol

3. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 31
    Colorado 15

Oregon's offense was able to get rolling in the first quarter and build a 21-0 lead. Oregon's offense looked a little shaky in the 2nd half and was only able to put up 7 points but as Coach Slim put it "We wanted to try out some different things. It was pretty clear we had the game under control and I wanted to pound the rock a little bit and get Seastrunk some carries." Colorado added a late TD and 2 pointer but the game was never in jeopardy. Darron Thomas, a darkhorse candidate for the Heisman, put up 300 yards passing and 2 tds in the one sided affair. One of the main surprises in Eugene was the attacking defense that flustered the Buff's offense all afternoon. Coach Slim commented "Everywhere I've been my defenses have attacked, attacked, attacked. I want to bring that same attitude to this locker room and show the nation that the Pac 12 does play some defense."

4. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 42
    Washington 0

The Ducks offense looked unstoppable this Saturday vs Washington as Thomas passed for 400 yards and 5 TDs. Coach Slim said "Maybe people will start putting him on their Heisman list soon. He's been incredible this year." The Ducks were forced to rely on their passing game when starting RB Seastrunk went down on the first carry of the game. The Ducks receivers were open early and often as the 2nd play of the game saw Thomas connect on a 80 yard TD pass to the 2nd string TE. It would continue to get ugly for the Huskies as the Ducks scored at will, putting 28 points on the board in the first half.

5. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 40
    Michigan 37 (OT)

It was a sloppy, rainy day in Eugene and the Ducks play matched the weather. Coach Slim commented "The way we played today with all the missed tackles, dropped passes, and the 5 turnovers we're lucky we didn't get blown out. The face we come out on top is just incredible." On top of the miscues Oregon also had to deal with injuries at the quarterback and halfback position. Coach Slim said "I don't know if I've ever seen the same player get hurt 3 times in one game. Thomas just couldn't stay on the field. He put up good numbers but when you get hurt every other play it's hard to build any consistency." Thomas was finally knocked out for good in the 3rd quarter and backup Hawkins was forced to lead the team. The game looked iced as Oregon had the ball with 2 minutes left at midfield but the Ducks fumbled twice in a row. On the first drive Michigan missed a field goal attempt that would have cut the lead to 5. On the second drive Michigan finally punched it in and followed it up with a 2 point conversion to tie the game with 30 seconds left, sending the game to overtime. Oregon went on defense first and held Michigan to a field goal. On 2nd and 10 backup Hawkins escaped pressure and rolled left. As he was being sacked he hit a receiver in the flat who able to take it the 25 yards for the game winning touchdown. Coach Slim said "I'm glad we live to fight another day. You can bet we're going to be practicing our butts off this week to correct those mistakes."

6. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 32
    Arizona 24

Not much to say. We sucked again. We had the game iced again and fumbled. They dropped a pass in the endzone on 4th down that would have put them up 30-29.

7. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 21
    UCLA 17

Sorry but my computer has been dead all week. We were basically down all game which really hurt because it was a HUGE recruiting weekend for us. We trailed 17-7 and looked lifeless with under 3 minutes to go in the 4th. Finally, Thomas connected with Tuinei to make it 17-14 and give the fans some hope. We managed to get a quick stop and get the ball back. We actually hit a long pass play and had the ball at the ucla 20 with over a minute to go. Not wanting to give UCLA the ball with a lot of time, we ate some clock. We finally punched it in on a Seastrunk run to go up 21-17.

After the game the news got even better as 5 players committed. Among them were 2 must get 4 star running backs which should give us some depth next year. We also picked up a 4 star free safety with good speed, a 3 star OLB, and a 4 star G.

The Ducks are off this week and look to come back strong against rival Oregon State in week 9.

8. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 40
    OSU 22

The Ducks were fired up after the offweek and ready to take on arch rival Oregon State. the defense showed up in a big was as they held OSU to a 3 and out on the first drive. the next two OSU drives fared even worse as Oregon recovered a fumble on the second drive and returned a fumble for a TD on the 3rd drive. The Ducks jumped out to a 31-3 lead and never looked back. OSU tacked on some points late to save some face and cut the score to 40-22. Coach Slim was upbeat after the game "This is the first game where we clicked on all cylinders. We looked damn good out there - I'm really proud of our guys for stepping up big in a big game."

9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Ouch. Looks like I left for Arkansas at the right time.

10. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 31
    Cal 15

After Cal marched down the field and punched in a touchdown it appeared as though the maligned Ducks defense was in for another shootout. Luckily for Coach Slim the first string defense turned things around and blanked Cal for the rest of the game. Coach Slim said "I was glad to see our guys respond to adversity and stop a good Cal offense. It really helped our offense get on track. It was nice to see Thomas spread the ball around and really tear up the cal D." Thomas passed for well over 300 yards before leaving with an injury in the 4th quarter. The injury turned out to be a sprained elbow which will sideline him for 4 weeks. Coach Slim said "What really hurts is I was going to pull him the next drive. It was just one of those freak injuries where he threw the ball and I guess fell on it wrong when he got hit."The Ducks continue their march for their 2nd consecutive PAC 12 title with Sophomore Daryle Hawkins at the helm. The Ducks will wrap up their conference schedule with Washington State next week. All eyes will be Stanford this week as the Ducks needs the Cardinal to drop 1 of 2 remaining conference games. This week the Cardinal take on USC, while next week they battle newcomer Utah.

11. slim

slim Walk On

UF 35
    Oregon 0

Oregon dropped their 2nd straight game to SEC opponents as UF just outclassed the Ducks in every aspect. Coach Slim said "That's probably the best team I've seen. They have so much speed that their guys were literally running around our guys." The Ducks actually took their first drive all the way to the Gators 1 but were turned away on back to back plays. UF took over at their own 1 and proceeded to go 99 yards for an early lead. It only got worse for Oregon as backup QB fumbled for the 467th and 468th time on back to back drives. Coach Slim said "You just can't make mistakes. Thank god they let off in the 2nd half or they might have beat us 100-0."
    The Ducks need to regroup and get healthy for Wisconsin and then the Pac 12 title game.

12. slim

slim Walk On

Oregon 31
    LSU 24

The Ducks were able to overcome numerous turnovers and a feisty LSU squad in this years Chik Fil A Bowl. Darron Thomas set a school record in throwing for 501 yards and 3 touchdowns but it was the 2 redzone interceptions that really hurt OU. Coach Slim said "We really dominated the game but when you turn the ball over 5 times you just can't expect to run away with the game. I'm really proud of our defense for shutting down that high powered offense." The ducks go into the offseason with a few questions - will Thomas go pro? who will step up in the secondary on the dline? which true freshman will come in ready to contribute? can the ducks add some much needed speed to their defense?

13. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

even if Thomas goes pro, u still have a good backup in Hawkins, guy dominates that position.

14. slim

slim Walk On

true, plus he got to play alot this year with thomas being injured so much.