Quack for a repeat, Oregon Ducks report

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Quack for a repeat, Oregon Ducks report

SCHEDULE
    BYE
    @ #17 Oklahoma Sooners W- 70-28
    @ #20 Colorado Buffaloes
    @ #4 Florida State Seminoles
    @ Stanford Cardinals
    California Bears
    BYE
    Washington State Cougars
    @ Washington Huskies
    #1 USC Trojans
    #8 Arizona State Sun Devils
    @ Arizona Wildcats
    @ #6 UCLA Bruins
    Oregon State Beavers
    BYE

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Roster and depth chart

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    OREGON WINS BATTLE OF RB'S AND GAME

Before the game there was a little pre-game smack between the two star tailbacks for the schools. Oregon's Gerald Goodman has been hyped as the next Reggie Bush with his speed and catching abilities while Travis Green from Oklahoma has been equally impressive but Oklahoma's coach has been tooting the horn of his stable of RB's, pretty much saying they are the best of the bunch.

Goodman wasn't having none of that and his defensive mates helped him state his case. Goodman only had 15 carries but rushed for 254 yards (that's 16.9 per carry) and 3TD's as the Ducks laid down the hammer running the ball. Goodman combined with backup RS-FR Justin Harrell to rush for 350 yards on the ground and led the Ducks to a 70-28 win over Oklahoma.

Not to be outdone though is SO-QB Cory Crowder, who threw for 294 yards. That's not really that impressive until you throw in his completion % of 87%. Or add in his 6TD passes with 0 INT's. His favorite target was JR-WR Alonzo Landry, the 6'4" manbeast with glue for hands. He caught 6 balls for 194 yards and 3TD's himself.

Defensively, they made life rough for Green and the stable of RB's, tackling them behind the line 15 times! Oklahoma's QB Jarrod Barnes had a nightmare game, throwing 4 interceptions on the game. Carlos Zeigler continues his impressive play with 9 tackles a sack and a INT, while SR Antoine Greer slid into the FS with no problems with 7 tackles and a INT himself, taking over the now transferred Terrell Bonner.

Oregon has once again laid claim to the greatest show on the NCAA gridiron as they look to lead the NCAA in scoring again and as coach Moreecemos continues to lay claim as an offensive mastermind. The Ducks now travel to Colorado as they play game 2 of their 4 game road trip to start the season.

OREGON- 70, OKLAHOMA 28

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    CROWDER SHINES AGAIN IN ROUT

Oregon (AP)- It's beginning to look like Cory Crowder is the next big star in the NCAA ranks. For the 2nd game in a row, Crowder completes 87% of his passes and throws for 424 yards and 7TD's in an offensive explosion against Colorado, 70-45.

"It's crazy how we lost Wilson, Bowen and Williams to the NFL and yet this maybe our most prolific offense yet," said Coach Moreecemos. It boils down to the weapons are now more spread out. Despite losing Bowen and Williams speed on the outside, new starters Alonzo Landry and Ken Burton have produced right away. Burton caught 8 balls for 109 yards and 2 scores while Landry caught two TD passes. At TE, Brad Wilson maybe the Ducks most dangerous weapon in the passing game. With his 6'7" height and 86 speed, he creates mismatches with opposing LB's. Today he had 5rec, 81yds and a score.

Oh and talking about Oregon wouldn't be complete without Gerald Goodman. If you didn't know, he's a manchild and today was no different. Goodman rushed for 194 yards and 2TD's and 117 yards receiving and a TD. "If the Crowder/Goodman tandem isn't the best in football, then I don't know who is," said Coach Moreecemos.

The defense was erratic today though and that's cause for concern as they enter a huge matchup with #4 FSU next week. They gave up 415 yards passing as Vinson was on point all game except for his two INT's in the 4th quarter. More alarming was the amount of broken tackles that led to big TD gains of 69, 96 and 67. "We'll be working on tackling all week," said Coach.

Next week will be the 3rd straight game the Ducks are on the road, and they face the #4 ranked Seminoles, in what should be an early candidate for game of the year. Stay tuned.

OREGON- 70, COLORADO- 45

PLAYER OF THE GAME- QB Cory Crowder- 28/32, 424yds, 7TD's

OREGON STATS
    RB Gerald Goodman- 22car, 194yds, 2TD's, 6rec, 117yds, TD
    RB Justin Harrell- 13car, 54yds
    WR Ken Burton- 8rec, 109yds, 2TD's
    TE Brad Wilson- 5rec, 81yds, TD
    WR Kris Moss- 3rec, 49yds, TD
    WR Alonzo Landry- 3rec, 39yds, 2TD's
    FS Antoine Greer- 10 tackles, 4FL, 2 sacks, INT
    MLB Danny Moses- 6 tackles, 2FL
    SS Carlos Zeigler- 5 tackles, FL, sack
    RE Bobby Young- 5 tackles, FL, sack

COLORADO STATS
    QB Ken Vinson- 20/26, 415yds, 3TD's, 2INT's, 7car, 28yds, TD
    RB Obadiah Wood- 13car, 28yds, 2rec, 72yds, TD
    WR Brent Macklin- 5rec, 119yds, TD
    WR Chris Marshall- 2rec, 112yds, TD
    FS Jon Logan- 13 tackles
    MLB Mark Francis- 12 tackles
    CB Anthony Parham- 11 tackles

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I dont recognize many names anymore...good to see my seasons of futility at Oregon didnt ruin it for you.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I thank you for Crowder...he's the guy you brought in...he's amazing...pocket passer...90 thp, 97 tha...he's been throwing balls on point so far this season.

You brought in Richard- speedy CB who is covering the teams fastest WR...Zeigler (monster)...Bonner was beastly before his bum azz left...you put in work here...Bowen and Williams were great for me last year. too...

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How has SS Ziegler been for you? I had high hopes for that cat...there was a lessar but faster SS I recruited also.

Who starts at FS now, you had a stable of them to choose from when I left.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Zeigler has been awesome...looks like he's started since he came under your reign...he's always around the ball and he hits pretty hard.

At FS, it was Bonner, who was a similar build to Zeigler but his ass bolted for Washington for reasons unknown. Now, Antoine Greer starts and he has similar ratings across the board to Bonner so there isnt much difference. BTW Richard and Jackson have been very solid CB's for me.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    test...........

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

those cheerleaders got me all.... wait.. wheres my bible

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL let's all pray...

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    OREGON SLAMS #4 FSU, GOODMAN HURT

Two things happened in this game that weren't good news. The 1st one was Cory Crowder threw his 1st INT of the year, on a hail mary pass which ended the half. Already up 38-6, Crowder threw a lame duck into the hands of a FSU, which drew a laughter on the Oregon sidelines. "In a way we felt that wasn't his 1st INT because it was on a hail mary play...but the pass was so bad...maybe he gets two INT's because of it," laughed WR Alonzo Landry.

In even worse news, star RB Gerald Goodman hurt his groin. He'll only miss two weeks but with a guy as fast as him, 2 weeks maybe a generous report. He'll miss the start of conference play as the Ducks take on Stanford and Cal in the next few weeks but after that comes a bye and the Ducks staff believe he'll be ready for Washington State on October 12. Goodman had 80 yards on 15 carries and a TD in limited action.

In his place, freshman RB Justin Harrell did a nice job and his development will be accelerated as him and senior RB Brian Swaggert will get the bulk of the carries. Harrell had 95 yards on 11 carries and a TD so the Ducks offense didn't miss a beat.

The offense did a great job of taking what the Seminoles were giving them and that was the short to intermediate game. Only a 67 yard scamper off a screen by Burton was the Ducks longest yardage on the game. Crowder did a great job despite throwing his 1st INT, throwing for 322 yards on 17/25 with 4TD's. WR Ken Burton is becoming a threat in the passing game as opposing teams began trying to cover up big WR Alonzo Landry. Burton responded with 8 catches, 189 yards and 2 scores. Big TE Brad Wilson caught 2TD passes as well and that combined led to a big 63-9 win over #4 FSU.

The defense was stellar all game, rattling FSU's QB, forcing him to throw 6INT's on the game and he was sacked 5 times on the game. "We saw on film that they didn't have great speed so we felt we could get to the QB and force their QB to make throws and have our athletes get to the ball and it worked," said star CB Jerry Richard who had an INT on the game. FSU only mustered 231 yards total in the game and struggled on 3rd downs, converting only 2 of 12 attempts (a 16% clip). Their 7 turnovers just made things worse and when they did get into the redzone, Oregon's defense tightened up and forced 3 field goals.

Oregon looks to continue their undefeated season as they take on Stanford Cardinals in Stanford.

OREGON- 63, FLORIDA STATE- 9

P.O.G.- QB Cory Crowder- 17/25, 322yds, 4TD's, INT

OREGON STATS

RB Gerald Goodman- 15car, 80yds, TD, 1rec, 12yds
    RB Justin Harrell- 11car, 95yds, TD
    RB Brian Swaggert- 11car, 60yds
    WR Ken Burton- 8rec, 189yds, 2TD's
    TE Brad Wilson- 5rec, 75yds, 2TD's
    SS Ken Bowling- 8 tackles
    SS Carlos Zeigler- 7 tackles, FL, sack, INT
    MLB Dan Moses- 7 tackles, 4FL, sack
    CB Jerry Richard- 6 tackles, INT
    DT John Hall- 4 tackles, FL, 2 sacks
    ROLB Marshall Franklin- 3 tackles, FL, sack, INT
    LOLB Richard Garrett- 4 tackles, FL, INT
    FS Joseph Ross- 5 tackles, FR

FLORIDA STATE STATS
    QB Doug Hemphill- 24/40, 199yds, 5INT's
    RB Brandon Mays- 18car, 61yds, 5rec, 21yds
    WR Joseph Zeppuhar- 6rec, 55yds
    WR Chandler Gonzalez- 5rec, 45yds
    WR Adam Green- 4rec, 48yds
    SS Mike Barnes- 14 tackles, FL
    LE Tony Fowler- 10 tackles, 4FL, 4 sacks
    FS Craig Holt- 7 tackles
    DT Anthony Brown- 6 tackles, 3FL, sack
    CB Matt Charles- 3 tackles, FL, INT​

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh man, was it you or Chill that I used to constantly give shit to about centered text? Probably both. It's so horrible for reading, lol!!! Your eye wants to go to a certain place to read the next line of every sentence - using centered text is like putting a condom on a stud horse, it just totally defeats the purpose! Nice win, horrible to see Goodman go down like that.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lmao it's me...it's been a while since I did center on the reports I did it in a hurry too...ha...I'll fix it though...I just want goodman ready for the user conference games.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    STANFORD SCARES OREGON, CROWDER LEADS

OREGON (AP)- What happens when you don't have your star RB in the backfield? Well in some ways, it could result in Stanford coming in with a chance to upset the #1 seed Ducks. It seemed like a reality early on.

Stanford got out to an early 14-0 lead with a TD pass by McKinney and a 37 yard run from RB K Williams. Crowder was picked off to help contribute to their 14-0 lead. Trying to stay patient, they ran the ball pretty effectively to drive the ball down the field to set up a 30 yard FG to put it 14-3 Stanford. When Stanford charged down the field again, Oregon knew things were going to be difficult today. Jerry Richard saved what could of been disaster with a 94 yard INT return for a TD to keep the score close. Yet Stanford charged down the field again to end the 1st quarter 21-10.

Down by 11, Coach Moreecemos still wanted to establish a run game and a quick score by his squad with 6:37 left in the 2nd to put them within 4 helped. What didn't help was the Cardinal exploited a huge matchup problem and it was WR Whitworth on CB Henry Jackson. Whitworth would score 2 long TD's of 62 and 57 yards and before halftime, the Ducks were in danger of going down 35-24 at half. With 7 seconds to go, Crowder caught 3rd string WR Kris Moss in stride to put the score at 35-30 at half.

It was then coach abandoned the run. Stanford was doing an awesome job of stopping RB's Brian Swaggert and Justin Harrell. Just before the 3rd quarter started, coach went over to his sophomore QB and said, "win this game for us."

Crowder, having thrown 2 INT's in the 1st half already had a tall task ahead of him. The 2nd half he went to work. On the Ducks 1st possession, he hit Ken Burton for an 80 yard TD reception to give them the lead. It set up a career day for him in which he threw for 595 yards and he needed every single one of them. The 4th quarter he had TD passes 34 yards and 77 yards as Oregon escaped danger from Stanford to the tune of 73-56. Asked after the game what he thought about his record setting day, Crowder said, "coach told me to win the game and I had to do what I had to do to do so."

OREGON- 73, STANFORD- 56

PLAYER OF THE GAME- QB Cory Crowder- 29/41, 595yds, 6TD's, 3INT's

OREGON STATS

RB Brian Swaggert- 17car, 68yds, 2TD's, 3rec, 24yds
    WR Ken Burton- 7rec, 223yds, 2TD's
    WR Kris Moss- 5rec, 143yds, 2TD's
    TE Brad Wilson- 5rec, 80yds
    SS Carlos Zeigler- 10 tackles, 3FL
    MLB Dan Moses- 5 tackles, FL, sack
    CB Jerry Richard- 5 tackles, 2INT's, TD

STANFORD STATS
    QB Dedrick McKinney- 36/42, 563yds, 5TD's, 2INT's
    RB Kellen Williams- 24car, 81yds, 2TD's
    WR John Whitworth- 11rec, 227yds, 3TD's
    WR Simeon Dunn- 6rec, 143yds, TD
    TE Cory Humphrey- 6rec, 86yds, TD
    CB Michael Reid- 14 tackles, 2FL, INT
    MLB Sean Williams- 8 tackles
    ROLB Mike Vinson- 6 tackles, 2INT's

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GOODMAN DONE FOR SEASON

Gerald Goodman wanted to give it another shot as he was upgraded to probable for the big game against ASU. He ran but still didn't have the burst that made him one of the highly souted recruits ever. His groin was still a problem but he continunes to be a solid contributor alongside FR-RB Justin Harrell. Well things got worse when he went down with another injury. This time he fractured his forearm, ending his season prematurely. "I let my teammates down...I'm usually healthy and always able to go out there...this has been a rough year for me," said Goodman.