Quack, Quack....The Ducks need to be stopped.

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Muttcope, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Quack, Quack....The Ducks need to be stopped.

The Big XII can't become the Ducks pathway to the National Title again. After playing Bogey twice in the last 8 games, I think i have a good handle on his offense and defense so here goes.

On Offense.....Two formations need to be game planned for. If you stop these two formations you will succed in forcing the Ducks out of there comfort zone. ACE FORMATION WITH THE WR's TO THE SAME SIDE. He runs this formation 20% of the time. First off take away the pitch, this is the key to his offense. He will audible to it, play call it, or switch the run to the other side. Forget the dive, I never saw the dive in the two games. The counter is run a couple of times to keep you honest. Now out of this formation for passing key on the TE who is opposite of the WR's. You dont have much time before he is in space, but once he is off the line the ball is thrown. FLEXbox One WITH MOTION. He uses this formation to run the triple option. The Dive is used out of this formation, as well as the QB keeper. The pitch is an after thought. He wants to get the yards right away with a quick QB run or the FB up the middle. What to take away from the Oregon offense. Stop the outside run, make him run in between the tackles. Stop the FB Dive, and the quick QB run to the strong side out of the fleXbox One.

On Defense.....He will stack the box with defenders and make you throw the ball. I know a couple of times he came out in a 3 deep saftey look, and showed blitz on early downs. Make sure you get a look as the players break the huddle to see the guys on the field. He may show blitz, but it doesn't mean the blitz is coming. He will drop guys into areas you thought would be vacated. Stay away from the right side of his defesne. You can try, but the DE will break blocks 2 out of 3 times. The safties are great at accelerating to the ball. There were a couple of times were my guy had a step, but the acceleration of the safties allowed them to make picks that i thought were sure catches. The ends are beasts in getting around the corner, you have to be ready to scramble up the middle as the ends keep your escape routes to the outside covered.

I dont want to see a Lawdog run started so somebody needs to take a shotgun to the Ducks.

[​IMG]

2. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Well, looks like I need to change my game plan now, haha.

Nice work Mutt.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I agree with most of everything up here except, he ran up the middle a fair amount against Virginia, maybe we are soft but we couldnt stop them up the middle or outside.. Butler is a beast... if you overpursue he reads his blocks extremely well and will make you pay..... the best thing you can hope for against Oregon is to get ahead and make him beat you throwing, his QB will miss some open targets and you couuld a get chance to get a turnover that way.... but clearly focus on the run and the Ducks are the best i have come against running the ball.....