Quarter Length

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by Bucs, Jul 11, 2014.

?

8 minute quarters

1. yes

42.9%
  2. no

57.1%
  1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like 7 minutes...or stay with 9 and go acc clock...if ncaa has it...not sure it does..

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

In my experience, you're gonna have high scores either way. It doesn't take much to police yourself.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

The Knight-effect :smug:

serious note though

Leave it, I think it is good for user games but 8 or 9 is my preference. Just gotta be more aware of our play going forward, I am sorry.

5. RWiacyknye

RWiacyknye Walk On

I would like to keep it at 9 minutes.

6. Papa Perry

Idk about back ups but as for offense, there are only 6 users in the top 25 in rushing and receiving yards. 7 in passing yards. A lot of users in top 25 in tackles but that's due to CPU no-huddle.

I never answered your question but I prefer 9 minutes.

7. Papa Perry

You can turn chew the clock on. It's under the adjustments in the play call screen. I do this when up big in the second half.

8. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

I like 8 min qtr

9. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

With 7, or even 6 minute qtrs, you are going to get scores that get out of hand, so when have 9 min qtrs a 70 pt game is not rally a surprise to me. Also everyone has a different idea of what is SIM and what is an acceptable score. In Knights game he only scored one FG in the 4th quarter, so he did call the dogs off. This situation will only become more apparent when our teams get more talent through recruiting.

Do we want to institute a scoring cap? At 8-9 minute qtrs I think 70 is acceptable. As far as the qtr length I am somewhat neutral. 9 is long for CPU, but just right for user games. I say we finish out the season as is and vote after we all get a few more user games.

10. Papa Perry

Bingo on both counts. I agree with this. I believe you recommended more recruiting restrictions before. One thing that could be done is put a limit on 4* recruits like some past leagues have done. My favorite and the easiest to figure is only being able to sign half as many 4* recruits as you have seniors.

Example:

70 players
    16 seniors

Limit:
    3 5*
    8 4*
    5 3* and under

Another cool thing that had been done is you can trade your 5* limit down. So in this situation you could have 1 5* recruit and 10 4* recruits. Just a thought Bucs