Quarter length?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 24, 2012.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Obviously I am the new guy and if it was discussed and decided upon so be it. But any thought of making the quarters a little longer?

I have never been the type of guy who picks plays quickly and runs them as is. And with 6 mins I feel you almost need to in order to get more than 2-3 possessions a half. Also feel like if I don't score on a drive or allow the CPU to score a TD when they are on offense I'm playing catchup.

Have always played in 8 min qtr leagues. Even if we went to 7 that would be a compromise that would help. But again, I wasn't here last year, in years past or even for start of this season, so if this was something decided upon I will adjust.

Overall though, noticing most of the games, neither team tops 30. Certainly not on par with real college football.

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Which college conference are we talking? SEC? Big XII haha......Once we start to figure out the game, you will probably see a lot of over 30. Most teams that frequently score over 30 run the hurry up spread.

3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

I was also concerned about this, but for a different reason - recruiting pitches. Currently, the "Playing Style" pitch takes raw statistics into account, like how many tackles, sacks, yards, or picks a position has based on other teams' position groups' performances (AFAIK). We users are already at a disadvantage because we don't run nearly as many plays, and I do support a move to 7 minutes for that reason.

Currently, my playing style pitches are pretty terrible, except for my secondary and average/hard hitting (because my safeties make all the tackles). None of my offensive ones are better than a C+, despite us actually being a good offense. I would just like more snaps without having to resort to running a hurry-up O.

4. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

I'd be okay with 7 min quarters

5. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I wouldn't mind switching to 7 minute quarters as well. Could help with the stats.

6. derek

derek Walk On

My other od's are set at 7 minutes. Im fine with it.

7. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

put me down for 7 minutes to.

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

3 minutes it is.

9. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

2:01 please..