Quater Length Vote...For You Max

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Quarter Length

1. Keep it at 7 Minutes

62.5%
  2. Bump it up to 8 Minutes

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea that would be pretty much impossible unless we all had user games on the same week(s). I guess what I meant by saying ''if only for the user games'' was that it would be worth having more time to beat up the cpu for better user games.

I vote for 8 minute quarters. We use them in T1 and the stats dont get out of hand. I think it will help our passing stats immensely, and make the games feel less like a mad-dash for points. I understand though that longer games might not be possible for everyone, and that some people probably enjoy things the way they are. I implore those people to think about the user games though! I think 8 minutes is good amount of time for the user games. We would see more points and better distributed stats. CPU games suck anyway :p

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think this an all or nothing approach. The concern about going to eight minute quarters is preventing stat abuse/killing the CPU worse than we already do. If you want 8 minute quarters we need to adjust the sliders to prevent stat abuse. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but with four additional minutes I think we could really see some unrealistic stats.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I scored 68 vs. Minnesota (54 in the 1st half). Then I scored 69 vs. Iowa (52 in the 1st half). I'd rather stay with 7 minutes because the last 2 games I've just been sitting on the ball late in the game. Sliders could help with that too though.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

ill go with the majority it really doesn't matter to me.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I agree that we need sliders if we go to 8 minute quarters. I think we need sliders even if we stay at 7.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Long ago I resigned myself to the fact that CPU games are just not that fun and I would rather design the OD rules/quarter length etc. around user games. Just my humble opinion.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I worry that with 8 minute quarters I will have to do silly things to not break the scoring cap, like kick FGs on 1st down just to avoid getting 7 or worse, punting from the redzone.... or running out of bounds after the CPU falls down and your 3rd string HB can walk to the endzone, or when your #5 CB picks off a pass in the flats and has an easy six......

In fact, I think the scoring cap is kind of silly anyways, we should just have a no starters rule when up 30 after halftime..... if your backups can put up points with chew clock on and running the ball they should be allowed to. Try telling that real life 3rd string guy not to score when he gets in the game.

Anyways, I agree that 8 minutes would be slightly better for user games, but vs the CPU it just makes boring blowouts last longer

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I am on the 8 minute train IF AND ONLY IF sliders are bumped in a major fashion for cpu competitive advantage. Its not even about scoring, its about the cpu still getting -15 rush while cheez racks up 500+. Again, I would rather not bump user sliders down (unless maybe a 5 pt loss (45) across the board while bumping cpu sliders in certain areas.

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

There's already unrealistic stats, particularly on the defensive end.

Tackles are ridiculously low.
    the number of plays is significantly low.

As far as sliders are concerned - sliders dont affect user games. I dont want my team to be completely different between user and CPU games. So, no we do not need to change sliders. In fact, I think it would be irresponsible to do so, particularly for a reason such as "stat abuse".

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well if 8 minutes wins out, we are gonna mess with sliders otherwise you guys will destroy the CPU for another 4 minutes...we have to balance it somehow.

12. Cheez

That's what chew clock is for.

13. Jayrah

1: User games naturally have less plays in them so the # in user games is even lower. Good point.
    2: if the user is set across the board 5 points lower, your team won't play any different. They just won't be as dominant vs the cpu teams. I think what you're really afraid of here....is a challenge. Heck, even if we don't touch user sliders so that our teams don't "play different" the cpu competition has to be bettered. HAS TO BE!!! I'm not voting on changing to 8 min if sliders aren't moved at least for cpu. They must be more competitive. That's the reason we changed to 7 in the first place, stats were totally inflated for users because of cpu bs runup the score and stats games

14. Cheez

that's not true. take for instance wr catching. A receiver is more prone to make a particular catch at 50 than they are at 45
    QB Accuracy - the QB will be more accurate in user games than CPU games
    Line Blocking - the holes will inherently be more plentiful against users than CPU

of course the team will play different.

15. Wyrmreaver

I don't think the difference would be very jarring with a 5 point bump..... but any gap of 10-20 between user and CPU is going to be pretty different vs users...... with some guys losing to the CPU now (mexi, boom, cougs last season) I am actually being swayed back towards leaving it all as is

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

At this point i think we should..were this far along, might as well just keep it as is...its all about user games here anyways. Fuck it...we'll visit the topic come NCAA 13

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jayrah

I understand we're stating put most likely, and I get your point. But it seems to me like your afraid to be a little worse against cpu teams. The team does not play differently, they're just not as good at everything, thus accomplishing the goal of making it more challenging against the cpu. Users have the advantages of brain power when it comes to user games. Your team plays different vs cpu than users now, does it not? 1-11 for 10 yards, 27 carries for 91 yards last night, including 0 points... you think my cpu team could've accomplished that? Have you been shutout by cpu yet? Not a chance! So really, you're just afraid of a challenge. :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Heisman default with a bump in CPU INT to 35...8 minute quarters. Started an dynasty this weekend and played 3 games with UCLA. At Houston, home against San Jose State and at Oregon.

The game at Houston we won but it was hard fought. Threw 2 picks. Killed SJSU at home, threw 1 pick. Beat Oregon but it was mostly because they had their back up QB playing and I scored twice on defense. Threw 1 pick. I liked the way the game played. I took some stacks but the CPU was tougher. I think my TD to INT is 5/4 right now. Rushing stats arent crazy, both my backs are averaging below 6 yards a carry. People would lose to the CPU thats for sure but it would also make for a more interesting CPU game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Wyrmreaver

I agree..... CPU pass rush could also be dropped to like 40 or 45, at least in my experience

the one thing that is ridiculous on Heisman is that the CPU will attempt 65 yard FGs all day and never hit them so they nerf themselves for field position...... we should have a gentlemens rule that you have to use FG return in those situations to avoid the ridiculous field position.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jayrah

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll post it up later, its only been 3 games.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Closed...combined into one vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.