Question about audibles

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CharlestonUSC, Jan 30, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Want to know if there are any restrictions on offensive audibles. The audible in question would be if i'm in a Strong close or I-formation and want to audible up to a shotgun 4 or 3 WR set. THe reason for doing this would be if I'm under center and attempting a pass and sense a heavy blitz coming, I would want to audible up to a shotgun formation to give myself a little more time to get the pass off.

This would NOT be used during a hurry up play or goaline situation. I'm not trying to take advantage of any system AI or trick someone into putting in a goal line defense just so i can audible to take advantage of slow defenders or anything. THis is strictly if i'm driving and feel a heavy blitz is coming. This isn't mentioned in the rules thread so i'm posting here b/c that thread is locked.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

If you had something like an ace formation with 3 or 4 WRs, and then audibled to a shotgun, I don't really see a problem with that. It feels kind of cheap if you do it with a 1 or 2 WR (with 1 or 2 TEs) set because I don't really think you'd ever see that in real life. Your HB would catch a lot more passes, and that is always a gray area.

3. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

well for my purposes the HB would be hot routed to block the oncoming blitz. that would really just be one to two WRs and a TE as passing targets. Let's just say that the HB and FB would both be hot routed to block and would never be sent into passing lanes. if you still think that is too sketchy i'll keep that kind of audibling to what you suggested.

4. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

You should just audible into a quick pass

5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

well in reality that might work. But it seems DLinemen get too much credit for knocking down passes in this game even with pump fake.

6. fuzzyl0gic

It is funny that he mentions that because I was sensing a heavy blitz from you on my 1st possession when I was driving and had 36 yards to go to the endzone, I originally had a run called but I called an audible to a quick pass and the wide open FB on a slant to the right, went for a TD.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yep I called a 3-4 middle blitz and hell if that FB didn't run scot free down the sideline.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah you really have to watch the flats with the 3-4, I get burned on a lot of those types of plays as well.

9. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Well when i manage to recruit some faster LBs or convert some SS in the offseason i might be better equipped to chase down a FB in the flats i hope! LOL

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya audibling to shotgun out of a 1 or 2 WR set is cheese IMO. I call defenses according to your offensive set, so you coming out with 2TEs and 1 WR will mean I'm in a 5-2 or 3-4, then you switch to shotgun? No thanks. Like yankee said, switch to quick pass

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Ok I see where you're coming from and that might be b/c i wasn't specific enough in my post. The situation was for when i'm in i-formation twins or that strong slot formation. Obviously coming out in 2TE sets and audibling would be unfair and that wasn't the intention. I'll hold off from doing it in user vs user games.