1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Question about conference alignment...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Sep 29, 2011.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

With everyone looking for their next gig and several hoping for Big Ten jobs, or one of the few remaining Pac-10 jobs, Im kind of in a tough spot. I really like my team and don't want to leave, but I don't want to stay in the MAC and only have 2 or maybe no user games in my conference.

I talked about this a great deal before we started and Im worried im going to be forced to leave my team despite the fact that I don't want to leave. In looking at the Big Ten though I think we could be creative and remove a team like Northwestern and replace it with Eastern Michigan, (Assuming everyone moves to the Big Ten) due to several factors:

1) Geography - I don't think anyone can argue that Eastern Michigan is in Big 10 country.

2) Recruiting rivalries - I would have no advantage having to go up against most of the same teams I do now for players.

3) Keep the league strong - Moving to Eastern Michigan means that there are more tough CPU games for other big ten members as opposed to me moving to a school like Michigan and now all of a sudden that is one less tough CPU game, and I have a big upgrade in recruiting.

I obviously will do whatever the league wants, but I don't see how it really upsets anything if a small school from Michigan joins the Big 10.

Thoughts?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

you dont have to remove a team to add you. EMU can just be added to the conference.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is a tough one....obviously the location is there, the campus is like 10 miles from the University of Michigan.

5. OMlawdog

Natural rival. Im not saying it wouldn't be a stretch, but there are several factors in Eastern Michigan's favor.

Hey, if a fired coach from Akron can get the ASU OC job, adding Eastern Michigan to the Big Ten shouldn't be that big of a stretch.

6. OMlawdog

Sweet, didn't know that.

Now if everyone stays put, I of course don't want to leave, but Im just assuming everyone leaves either this year or next year.

7. Keller

And your thoughts on Buffalo to the Big Ten were?

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hmmmm, will have to think about this one.

9. Keller

You're just doing this to torture me aren't you

• Like Like x 1
  10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    No, why? He makes some really good points. Don't really have a complete argument yet.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I don't know about this, I mean I like you lawdog and he has got them up to a b school but it's hard for me to say yes to this.

12. Keller

Everything that was said about Buffalo, aside from the region argument, applies to EMU. I still maintain that regionally Buffalo still makes sense on some level as well - its not like its in California or something.

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, I could definitely see the fit, but I think you would need a couple of more good seasons with EMU. Maybe finish in the top 25 next year with a MAC championship?

14. OMlawdog

Since you want to leave Buffalo, I figured you really wouldn't care. Im sure we can work something out.

15. Bondzai

Eastern Michigan has been pulling in some :5stars: recruits as well so the national exposure is there.

16. OMlawdog

Fair point. I am going to my second MAC championship in four years, so I got that going for me.

17. Bondzai

What pipelines do you have?

18. OMlawdog

Totally forgot about that. McDowell and Gonzales should both be 90+ players next year, that is certainly Big 10 level.

19. OMlawdog

Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Florida, and Im about to lose Georgia.

20. Keller

I only want to leave Buffalo because I was crucified for trying to move them to the Big 10.

21. Bondzai

Strong pipelines, another plus.

22. Keller

Buffalo is going to their 4th MAC championship in 4 years.

23. Keller

No stronger than Buffalo's.

24. OMlawdog

I tried to stay out of that thread because I was worried it might come back to bite me.

I agree that Buffalo makes more sense than Rice or UCF, but its more of an ACC school or Big East school, geographically. I want to stay at Eastern Michigan, the last few weeks you have made it clear you want out of Buffalo.

25. Bondzai

I see Buffalo as a Big East team though.

I would love to keep my UCF team and take them to another conference with me but I see them being a Big East or ACC team so I know that eventually I will have to move to another school.