Question about Conference Re-alignment....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Jan 20, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Any thoughts about moving some teams to the Big 10 and Pac 12?

I like the idea of making our conference even harder, maybe moving Notre Dame to the Big 10 and removing Minnesota?

What about Moving Boise to the Pac 12? They are 2-1 this year against users. Im not sure there may be some better teams to move to the Pac 12 to make it tougher, but Im just throwing this idea out there.

I like keeping things fresh, and Im really enjoying the game this season and would love to just keep things moving to make things tougher.

Thoughts?

Drifterbub
    bringbackjimmy
    theSANDMAN215
    JrRawlins
    Shaun Mason
    Emmdotfrisk
    Timpegoose
    BobJr
    Bondzai
    Jmustang1968

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am always down for that stuff... But there are several here who feel it breaks too much from reality and it ruins their fun with the game and scheduling

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    How about instead the users just beat Boise? lol.

4. OMlawdog

Im just thinking 9 years into the game, its clear to me that Boise is a damn good team and in real life would be considered for the Pac 10;

Same with Notre Dame and the big 10.

Im just thinking the better the teams in our conference, the more challenging it is for users, which is I think an overriding principle of our league. Also, its a solid debate for the league.

Im thinking Notre Dame and Buffalo are two good candidates for the big 10.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OMlawdog

Shaun tried the Eastern Michigan cheeze offense, and trust me that won't get you wins against the CPU that can score.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    No, not necessarily. Boise is good now in real life and no one wants them. Additionally, the thought of just the possibility of playing @Boise every other year and on the blue turf makes me want to puke.

Notre Dame to the Big 10 is a completely different story. They fit in just about every way. I prefer them as an independent though. I like that they play Stanford and USC. That might be a rivalry game for Goose. Which would all but be impossible to schedule consistently.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I struggle to make a bowl game as it is. I don't need every one of my games to be against A+ teams.

8. OMlawdog

Valid points, just throwing out some ideas to keep things fresh.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, they're a rival for me. And Notre Dame to the Big 10 has been brought up for about the last 10 years in real life, I just don't think they want to be tied down to a conference. 10 years may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I've been hearing it for quite a while now. Like you said though, they are about as good of a fit for the Big 10 as you're going to find. Well, besides Buffalo obviously :)

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I threw 750 fucking yards trying.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

you cant throw short or run against Boise, they have all 11 stack the damn line. Luckily for me I have Sterling Nelson

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

They cheesed my ass too

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Damn I lose to the CPU... I mean if we did this we all will need game genies from lawdog

14. OMlawdog

I hear ya.

I think we can expect Boise to run the table the rest of the season and will more than likely go 11-1 this season. Good season for them

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Lawdog just needs another user in the division to help keep him in check.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OMlawdog

Im with ya, the only problem is that the teams in my division are OSU, Wisky, PSU and Purdue. Im ok with a user taking over Wisky or Purdue. The other two teams are probably too good. Wisky is close, but after this season they will probably be a 4 star program. Their roster ain't what it used to be.

17. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I knew it was the Game Genie all along OMlawdog. Good, honest, non-cheese SIM players like Bob and Emmdotfrisk have verified the suspicions I have harbored these many years. Fortunately, Bob runs special anti-Game Genie software in conjunction with our Madden League. (Trust me, I would borrow yours if I knew it would work in Madden). Makes sense that you avoid all things Madden.

18. OMlawdog

Aren't you on probation? Are you even allowed to post on forums? I forced Bob to take you back, so be careful. Don't you have a madden game to lose?

• Like Like x 1
  19. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    He has 16 of them

20. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

It is a Double-Secret Probation type of deal. My posting privileges were restored almost immediately. All sorts of potholes in pro ball. Not for the feint of heart. I will let you get back to hustin' recruits.

21. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'm not a real big "move teams around" type of player, but to move Boise into the PAC 12, I have no problem with it. I don't want to eliminate Minnesota from the BIG 10 or add Notre Dame though.

We should consider moving West Virginia, TCU, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh (I am probably forgetting a couple others) since they are moving in real life.